PM USP scholarship scheme 2022 (benefits, application form, registration, how to apply, eligibility, list, status, official website, documents, portal, helpline number, beneficiaries, scholarship amount)
The Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan or PM USP scholarship scheme has been extended by Ministry of Education. It now includes Jammu, Kashmir and students of Ladakh till 26th March, 2026. The number of scholarships is extended by recently updated details and it is mainly for the help of the interested and deserving candidate who can derive help of the scholarship scheme. Some of the vital details regarding scheme extension are given in following part of the article.
Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan Scheme
|Name of scheme||Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan|
|Scheme has been launched by||Ministry of Education|
|Beneficiaries of scheme||Economically background families|
|Scheme has been extended by||26th March, 2026|
|Number of fresh scholarships for scheme||500 fresh scholarships|
|Areas included under scheme extension||Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir|
|Income limit||Revised limit is rupees 4.5 LPA|
What are the features of the revised scheme?
As per previous details of the scheme, the limits of the students passing class 12th was rupees 6 LPA and the upper limit has been reduced after scheme revision. The education ministry is asking to interchange the slots among the engineering and medical students depending on the students who are opting from the general degree course stream. Some of the highlighting features of the revised scheme are as follows:
- Revised scholarships – The revised scheme will offer 5000 more scholarships to the interested candidates from Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh area
- Category of students – The students who belong to economically background families are eligible to get advantage of the revised scheme
- Income limit – The income limit of eligible candidate has been revised to rupees 4.5 LPA for the financial year, 2022-2023
- Educational category – The college and university students are eligible for the scheme who wish to complete their higher studies
- Main idea for scheme – The scheme will cover up for tuition fees and allowance for the students
Benefits of scholarship amount
- The tuition fees for general course annually – Rupees 30000
- Scholarship amount for engineering courses annually – Rupees 1.25 lakhs
- Medical course annually – rupees 3 lakhs
- Fixed maintenance allowance annually – Rupees 1 LPA
However, the Inter-Ministerial Committee is responsible for successful implementation of the scheme and monitor its progress and how students are benefitted from it.
Who are eligible for the scheme?
- Residential details – Thescheme will be applicable only to the students of the states that includes in the scheme extension of the scholarship
- Income limit – The revised income limit for the family of the students is rupees 4.5 LPA to apply for the scheme
- Educational Qualification – The students who are studying in college and universities and are willing to pursue higher studies can apply for the scheme
- Category of students – Only the students who are economically background are eligible to register for the scheme
List of documents to produce
- Income certificate – The income certificate of student’s parents should be furnished at the time of registering for the scholarship scheme to justify claim for the same
- Education certificates – The student should produce correct and updated educational details to show that they are college or university students and are eligible to get the scholarship amount and benefits
- Students’ identification details – As identification, the candidate should furnish correct documents of identification such as Aadhaar card, PAN card, and other equivalent details and contact details to be required at the time of registration for the scheme
Procedure to register for scholarship scheme
As the revision has been announced recently, the procedure to apply for the scholarship scheme is yet to come up. The interested candidates have to keep an eye on the official portal to get its updates as soon as it comes up. This would help them register for the available seats in the scholarship and avail it easily and pursue higher education of their dream. The revision of the upper income limit shall make ways for a greater number of students to fulfil their dream and get the job of their choice.
- What is the revised income limit of the scholarship scheme?
Rupees 4.5 LPA
- How many fresh scholarships are available?
5000 fresh scholarships
- What are the new states including in the scheme?
Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh
- Who has initiated for the scheme?
Ministry of Education
- What is the date of the new scholarship launched?
31st March, 2026