Mukhyamantri Medhabruti Puraskar Scholarship Scheme Odisha [Odia Bhasha Brutti Puraskar Scholarship Yojana] (medhabruti.org)
The Odisha state government has launched the new Mukhyamantri Medhabruti Puraskar Yojana. It aims to provide scholarship to the students who have just passed their 10th standard exam. This is a scheme to boost the merit of the state as it will also reward the high ranking students. So let us know more about it.
|Name of the scheme||
Mukhyamantri Medhabruti Puraskar Yojana
|Launched by||Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik|
|Announced in||Capital High School in Bhubaneswar|
|Launch date||November 2017|
|Supervised by||School & Mass Education Department of the state|
|Beneficiary||10th pass out|
Key features of the scheme
- Cash prizes: The key feature of this scheme is financial assistance. The students who will give their upcoming board exams will get cash prizes under this scheme.
- Amount distributed: The government shall give Rs. 5000 per student. This amount shall be given to about 40,000 students across the states that are appearing for their 10th
- Extracurricular activities: This scheme will look after the child’s overall development. This is why it will not only focus in academics but will also take into account extracurricular activities such as sports and music.
- Encourage education: This scheme has a reward which will encourage students to pursue their higher education. This way more and more students shall pursue higher education in the state, increasing its overall education rate.
- Residence: This scheme is only for those who are currently residing in Odisha permanently. This means that you need be of Odisha domicile to be eligible to take part.
- Education: You must be pursuing your board exams. If you are about to take your Class X board exams, this scheme is for you.
- Scholarship norms: If you are already receiving the scholarship awarded by the state or the central government or any other agency then you cannot take part in this scheme.
- Income of household: The total annual income of the household should not exceed Rs. 6 lakh per annum. The student will have to submit their residential and income certificate attested by the Revenue Officer.
- Multiple registrations: You cannot register multiple times under this scheme. If it is found that you did so, then your registration shall not be accepted.
- Marks: The girls need to secure at least 60% marks on the aggregate in 10th board exams. The boys need 70% marks to get the benefit.
- Selection of students: The government will first take 100 students from the block and municipal level and then select 50 students from each municipality. Also, 20 students shall be chosen from the NAC to get its benefit.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Go to the official website of ‘medhabruti’ with a simple Google search or directly Click here to land on their main page.
- Step 2: From here click on the Option called “Application of Medhabruti”. It is situated at the right hand side of the page.
- Step 3: On this page you will have to enter all your personal details and then continue to fill out the rest of the form. Once you’re done, click “submit”.
Note: The link may say that the applications are closed now. But they will soon reopen for the next phase of implementation. So keep checking the link.
- Step 4: Now once this is done, go to the home page again and click on “Print Registration” button. Take a print out of the application that you have filled out for your future reference.
This amount shall be given to a total of 40,000 students across the state. So the budget has been kept at a high level. In total 100 cr has been allocated for the implementation of this project.
Not only for the students but this will be a big boost to the education system in the state as well. With this scheme, more students will achieve better results and due to this, there the quality of education will enhance in the state. This will prove to be majorly beneficial for the state in the long run.
Odia Bhasha Brutti Puraskar Scholarship
The Odisha State government has announced the launch of the new Scholarship program within the state. The new scheme is termed as Odia Bhasha Brutti Puraskar. Under the new scheme the state government will be identifying the students who hold proficiency in local language and award them with scholarships.
Key features of the scheme
- Main aim – Under the new scholarship program the state government aims at selecting students who hold their skills with proficiency in the local language in speaking and writing. The government hopes to encourage local students to get proficient with the basics of learning Odia language.
- Reward program – A cash reward of Rs 5000 will be given to the meritorious students who score high marks in Odia Language test. The reward will be given to selected students only. The state government aims that over 40,000 students who are appearing for 10th grade board exams will be eligible for getting the reward from the state government. The selected students will be from various blocks within the state districts.
- Beneficiaries – Under this scholarship program the state government will make a selection of 10 students from ever block within the state for giving out the cash reward. Meritorious students are eligible to get benefit from the government via this scheme.
- Eligibility – The government will only be offering with benefits to students who will be appearing for board exams this academic year for 10th The selection shall be made block wise. Apart from this to be eligible the student has to be a resident of Odia state by birth. He should be an outstanding student in his academic performance.
- Government focus – The government aims that after the implementation of the scheme, it will help in development in other relevant areas like culture, music, and social services. The government aims that the students with this implementation will also improve in these respective areas. This will help in maintaining a safe future for the schools and students within the state.
- Implementation – Presently the scheme has only been announced by the state government. It is expected that in near time the scheme will be officially implemented for the students for academic year 2017-18. The government has also earlier announced and implemented many such beneficial schemes for the students of the state. This helps in getting them familiar with educational importance.
By introducing such schemes in the state, the government aims at offering better education system to the students who deserve. Besides, it also aims at motivating all other students to try and perform much better in state school exams. Along with this the government also aims at promoting the value of local language to the students, so they are motivated to learn and develop skills and proficiency with the state language.
- Delhi Free Trith Yatra Yojana
- Chhattisgarh Noni Suraksha Yojana
- Uttar Pradesh Gambhir Bimari Sahayata Yojana
- Gudiya Yojana in Himachal Pradesh