Mukhyamantri Balika Cycle Yojana in Bihar 2019-20
The percentage of school girls, dropping out of the academic framework was an alarming concern for the state government of Bihar. But with the assistance of the welfare program, known as the Mukhyamantri Balika Cycle Yojana, the authority has been able to lessen the issue to a great extent.
|Name Of The Scheme||Mukhyamantri Balika Cycle Yojana|
|Launched in the year||2006|
|Launched by||Chief Minister of the state Mr. Nitish Kumar|
|Supervision Of||State Human Resource department|
|Bihar Official Website||http://www.educationbihar.gov.in|
|Target Audience||Girls of the state|
Key features of the Mukhyamantri Balika Cycle Yojana
- Empowering the girl students – As the rate of female education in the rural areas of Bihar were not satisfactory, the Cm was of the opinion that an incentive of free cycle will provide the encouragement to both candidates and their parents.
- Monetary assistance to acquire the cycle – As per the guidelines, each candidate will be given Rs. 2500 (earlier Rs. 2000). This money must be utilized for purchasing a cycle. To make sure that the money has been utilized, the candidates must submit the purchase receipt at the school office.
- Number of beneficiaries – As per the government reports, the stat authority has successfully distributed money to 871,000 female students for purchasing the cycle.
- Reducing the gender gap in academic institutions – There was a start difference in the gender gap in the schools. With the implementation of the Mukhyamantri Balika Cycle Yojana, the gap has been reduced significantly.
- Reducing the dropouts – It has been announced that after the implementation of the scheme, the total number of female school dropouts has also been reduced. The current statistics shows that the total dropouts have come down to 1 million (2012). This figure was 2.5 million in 2006.
Eligibility criteria of the scheme
- Must be a resident of Bihar – The development of the scheme had been done for the welfare of the poor girl students who find it difficult to get to school due to the distance. To attain free cycle under the scheme, the girls need to be permanent residents of Bihar.
- Must be a student of government school – All candidates who desire to attain the cycle must be studying in schools, which are either run by or are aided by the state government. Private schools are not included in the scheme.
- Must pass the 8th standard – The minimum academic criteria that the girls need to fulfill is that they must have successfully passed the final examination of 8th standard and will take admission in 9th
The state government has expressed great satisfaction in announcing that not only has the percentage of female candidates increase in schools, but the total number of female drop outs have also been reduced. As of now, the government has spent a whopping 174.36 crores on the implementation of the scheme.
- Credit Card Scheme Bihar
- Solar Rooftop Panels
- submit income tax return copy to get LPG subsidy
- Atal pension Yojana
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan