J&K to Benefit from State-Sponsored Ladli Beti Scheme Yojana
Under the BJP government, the present CM of Jammu and Kashmir, Mehbooba Mufti has announced the official implementation of the Ladli Beti Yojana in the state. The government is of the opinion that the yojana will not only secure the future of the female children but will also lessen the burden of the parents.
Eligibility Criteria of Ladli Beti Yojana Of Jammu and Kashmir
If you are interested in investing money in the saving plan, then you need to know about the eligibility criteria that you need to fulfill. The following are the eligibility requirements of the program:
- Age requirements – According to the guidelines of the program, the scheme is only open for those girls born on or after the 1st April, 2015. Any girl born before the specified date will not be permitted to open an account under the scheme.
- Area specific requirements – The interested parents will have to get all the documents sanctioned from the Child Development Project Officer or the CDPO. The offices of Anantnag, Jammu, Budgam, Kathua, Samba, and Pulwama have the power of sanctioning the papers.
- Income related requirements – The state government will offer the facility of registering under the scheme only to those parents who earn not more than Rs. 75000 during a financial year. Thus, it is a step to empower the backward and poor people, living in the area.
Key Features of Ladli Beti Yojana Of Jammu and Kashmir
To understand the salient features of the scheme, one will have to take a close look at the points, which have been mentioned below:
- Aim of the scheme – The main objective of the scheme is to provide a sound financial future to the girls, who have been born on or after the date of 1st April, 2015. The parents as well as the state government will contribute towards this fund.
- Total tenure of the scheme – As per the guidelines of the scheme, the total time period of the scheme is 21 years. The term will be divided into two separate phases and only after the completion of the two phases will the money be handed over to the female candidate.
- Phases of the scheme – The draft of the scheme highlights that, the investment plan will be divided into two distinct phases. The Phase I will last for 14 years. The Phase II will last for a total of 7 years.
- Type of the deposits – The type of deposit in the account will be different. During the first 14 years of the Phase I, the account will have a recurring deposit system. The Phase II, lasting over a span of 7 years will have a cumulative term deposit system.
- Operating the account – As per the rules of the scheme, only the legal guardians or the parents of the female child will have the authority of operating the account on behalf of the girl, till she attains the legal age of 18 years.
- No partial withdrawals or premature closure – The candidate, who opts for the scheme, will not be able to withdraw any money from the account before the maturity period of 85 months. They will also not be able to close the account, except in case of death of the candidate.
- Producing life certificate of the gild child – It is mandatory that the parents provide the life certificate of the girl to the bank authority. The certificate must be provided after a span of every 3 years. The certificate must be properly attested by the respective authority.
Required Documents for Ladli Beti Yojana Of Jammu and Kashmir
If you are interested in securing the future of your girl child, then you will have provide the below-mentioned documents with the application form, for the authentication of the details:
- Application form – The first thing that you need for registering under the scheme is the application form. The form is available from the office of the Child Development Project office. As of now, the application cannot be made online. The forms are also available from the Jammu And Kashmir Bank.
- Sanction papers from the authority – Without the documents and the sanction letters, the interested candidates will not be able to apply for the scheme. The sanction letters will only be provided from the office of the Child Development Project Office.
- KYC forms – While submitting the application form to the bank, the parents or the legal guardians will have to fill in and provide the KYC form. It will contact all account related and other identification relation details.
How to get Application Form for Ladli Beti Yojana Of Jammu and Kashmir
It has already been mentioned that the state government has not provide the online application form and registration must also be done offline. The application form can be collected from any of the branches of the Jammu And Kashmir Bank. One can also check out the official website of the bank and download the form for the same. Then they will have to get the printout and fill in the details accordingly.
How to apply for Ladli Beti Yojana Of Jammu and Kashmir
Once the interested candidate has collected the form, he/she will have to fill in all the required sections. It is important to provide the correct data; otherwise the application will be cancelled. Along with the form, the candidates will have to provide the required documents.
Launch Date and Budget for Ladli Beti Yojana Of Jammu and Kashmir
The official announcement of the scheme was made during September 2015. As per the guidelines of the scheme, the state government will make a contribution of Rs. 1000 during the entire period of Phase I. The state has allocated a separate budget for the successful implementation of the project.
- All Pradhan Mantri Yojanas
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Atal Pension Yojana
- List of All Indian PMs
- Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana