Biju Free Smartphone Yojana 2018 – 2019 in Odisha [Eligibility Criteria, Documents, Application Form, Registration Process Online] Specification
State governments all over India have taken several initiatives to bring about development in agricultural sector. As farming is still very much labor intensive, it will be impossible to improve agricultural conditions, without assisting farmers. In this light, Odisha government is trying to bridge the gap between farmers and technological tools. For this, it has launched a scheme that offered free smartphones to male farmers. Its success has boosted the government to offer the same facility for women agricultural workers. The state authority is all set to officially roll out Free Smartphone Yojana for Women Farmers.
|Name of the scheme||Free Smartphone Yojana for Women Farmers|
|Launched in (state)||Odisha|
|Launched in the year||2018 – 2019|
|Launched by||Chief minister Naveen Patnaik|
|Officially announced by||Surya Narayan Patro (Cooperation Minister)|
|Supervised by||Odisha Cooperation Department|
|Implemented by||Odisha State Agricultural Marketing Board|
|Implementation commences on||July 2018|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of women and agriculture – The main aim of this project is to acquire development in agriculture as well women empowerment. Female agricultural labors will be able to use the power of technology to get better at their task. It will allow Odisha government to double its agricultural production by 2022.
- Free smartphone – Under this project, each female applicant will receive a smartphone from the state authority. The smartphone will be distributed among applicants, free of cost.
- Implementation process – As of now, state agricultural department has decided to implement this scheme on a small scale. The Phase I of its implementation will start this July.
- Estimated beneficiary – If reports are to be believed, the state will try to reach out to around 70% of the women, associated with agriculture. It will be a good start that will boost other developmental schemes of Odisha government.
- Getting agriculture related details – With this smartphone, women farmers will be able to access agricultural helplines as well as apps, to attain details about crop rotation, cultivation, crop protection and harvesting methodologies.
- Getting weather updates – To be better prepared to safeguard their crops against natural elements, applicants will be able to use these smartphone to receive updates about weather in location.
- Getting details about new schemes – The phones will also offer updates and news, related to agriculture without ant delay. Apart from this, women will also attain details about new agricultural credits, offered by state as well as banks.
- Getting soil development related info – Along with crops and weather, female agricultural labors will get access to information of soil. They will get tips on how the fertility of soli can be increased for better production.
- Increased usage of technology – These phones will also allow women farmers to learn about use of technology, one step at a time.it will bring about overall development in technological sector as well.
- Direct access to agriculture helplines – Apart from all these benefits, these smartphones will allow female farmers to talk to agricultural experts. State government manages several agriculture helplines to assist farmers in every way.
Eligibility for application
- Female agricultural workers only – This time, only female farmers will be allowed to get the benefit of this free smartphone scheme.
- Residents of Odisha – These female farmers must be legal residents of Odisha. Otherwise, they will be barred from the benefits of this project.
- Type of farmer – Only those women farmers will be able to enroll under this scheme that are small or marginal agricultural practitioners. It is not for those who own won large farmlands.
Documents required for application
- Residential papers – As the scheme is spearheaded by state authority of Odisha, only those women farmers will be able to apply for the scheme who hold legal residential documents.
- ID proof documents – They also need to offer adequate identification proofs. The Aadhar Card or other such papers will be accepted.
- Agricultural documents – As the scheme is only for women who are directly associated with farming, applicants must submit such papers, which will support their professional claims.
- Kisan Credit Card – In case the women are holding Kisan Credit Cards, issued by the Odisha state government, then they can submit a photocopy of this as well.
How to get application form?
As mentioned by the respective state authority, the entire application of this scheme will be concluded via online process. The step has been taken to make sure that all applicants can enroll easily and get their handsets as soon as possible. The state will soon launch a site that will offer applicants access to the digitized enrollment form.
How to apply online portal for the scheme?
- All interested women agricultural workers will be able to enroll their names under the smartphone scheme via the official portal. The portal has not yet been activated. State officials will come out with the necessary information as soon as this happens.
- Applicants will be able to access the online form from this site. They have to fill in the application document with their identification and address details. Some other data might also be necessary for future scrutiny.
- Once the form has been filled, it must be submitted online. After the selection, final beneficiary list will be uploaded on the same portal by state agricultural department.
Budget allocation for the scheme
Odisha government wants to reach out to as many women farmers as possible during the first phase of this smartphone distribution scheme. As of now, a whopping budget of Rs. Rs 7,600 crore has been allocated to ensure that flawless implementation of the project takes place.
Specification of the smartphone
- Android phone – The state will offer new-age smartphones to female farmers. These phones will run on Android operating system. It has been a calculated step as most apps are created to be compatible with Android phones.
- 4G enabled – To ensure that female farmers can get necessary information from the internet, these smartphones will be 4G enabled.
By bridging the gap between farming and technology, Odisha government wants to create a strong foundation for future agricultural growth. These smartphone will sure come in handy for women farmers, not only for agricultural needs, but also for easy communication.