Digital India Mission App, Projects, Online Data Entry Job, Job Recruitment 2019-20 (digitalindia.gov.in)
- 0.1 Digital India Mission App, Projects, Online Data Entry Job, Job Recruitment 2019-20 (digitalindia.gov.in)
- 0.2 Some Special Parts Of Digital India Mission
- 0.3 What is Digitalization?
- 0.4 What is Digital Marketing?
- 0.5 All about e-Kranti
- 0.6 All about e-Taal
- 0.7 Digital India Repee
- 0.8 Pillars of Digital India
- 0.9 Projects under Digital India Movement
- 0.10 Implementation of Digital India
- 0.11 All about the Digital India App
- 0.12 Digital India Website
- 0.13 Digital India Project Jobs and Data Entry Jobs
- 0.14 Benefits of Digital India Movement
- 1 Update
- 2 17/04/ 2018
More than a scheme, the Digital India vision of the BJP government is a program that will assist in the reshaping of the e-governance. Not only this, the government aims at providing the common people of the country with access to digitization. It will assist them in getting the information from the government with ease. The main idea behind the launch of this mammoth project was to make the government more responsive, transparent and participative.
|Scheme Name||Digital India|
|Announced On||July, 2015|
|Launched By||Mr. Narendra Modi|
|Monitored by||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|Key||Central and state governments|
|Event Was Organized||Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi|
|Special Audience In the Event||Mukesh Ambani from RIL, Cyrus Mistry from TATA Group, Azim Premji from Wipro|
|Similar Scheme||Smart City Scheme|
Some Special Parts Of Digital India Mission
What is Digitalization?
The process by which any form of information is transformed in the digital format is called Digitization. With the assistance of this process, we are able to change normal data in the form of digital data. The organization of the digital data is called bits and when composed together, it will give you access to the actual information, only in digital format. Without this, people will not be able to develop in the IT industry.
What is Digital Marketing?
With the advancement of science and technology, companies have also changed their style of promoting goods and services. Digital marketing is also commonly known as the data marketing. It is a single word that will include all kinds of internet or digital marketing strategies to promote and purchase goods and services. It has revolutionized the way we shop for things. Apart from the internet portals, digital marketing is also used for promotion via mobile phones.
All about e-Kranti
Just the development of the digital platforms is not enough. To acquire e-governance in true sense of the word, the government has paved the way for e-Kranti. Under this aspect of the digital India movement, the government will assist the people by providing them the associated services via the digital media. With the assistance of the “electronic delivery of services,” which is the real meaning of e-Kranti, the lives of the people will become easy and smooth.
All about e-Taal
The government wants the people to know about the projects and the amount of money that the authority is spending for the betterment of the commoners. But acquiring the data was not possible and so, the central government set up the e-Taal under the Digital India movement. It is a portal that will furnish the information regarding the government projects, both and central and state level, and the amount of money that has been spent. The data on the portal will be updated by the respective authority in real time basis.
Digital India Repee
The demand of digital transaction has been soaring in the country, at least in the urban areas. The rural areas are far removed from the facility. To bring all under the umbrella of one digital currency, the government has introduced the concept of Digital India Repee under the Digital India movement. The digital currency will surpass the barriers of space, time and counterfeiting. So, the entire country will have one digital currency that will provide security and ease in making transactions.
Pillars of Digital India
There are no extra points for guessing that the Indian Government has taken an ambitious step with the launch of the Digital India Movement. Apart from the cost of funding the movement, the government has highlighted some key aspects for the better implementation of the scheme. These milestones are known as the “Pillars of the Digital India.”
- Broadband Highway – It is true that every rural village and town is still to come under the umbrella of digitization. There are many areas that are unaware of the power of internet and associated aspect. For addressing this issue, the government has thought about establishing broadband highways. Around 2.5 lakh rural areas will be connected by the broadband highway.
- Universal access to Internet – The dream of the central government to spread e-governance, transparency and information will not be successful if the people do not have access to internet. Thus, providing universal internet access for all is a must. With this, the government will also ensure access to phones as well.
- Public Internet Access Programme – The government has also highlighted on the need for developing internet programs for the public. With the help of these programs, the people will become aware of the importance and power of internet. 400,000 points of free PIA will be created.
- e-Governance – The central government is looking to make reforms in the structure of the system. Reforming the entire structure is not possible without the use of technology. Thus, with more use of internet and IT, the central as well as the state government will get a makeover.
- e-Kranti – Apart from putting stress on the development of e-Governance, the central government also wants to put stress on developing the system of delivering services with the assistance of technology. It will make the service delivery process fast and effective.
- Information for All – The Constitution of the nation also provided the Right to Information. In this light, the government wants to use the power of internet and technology to provide common people of the country with the facility of acquiring information on any subject, at any time.
- Electronics Manufacturing – Strengthening the IT base is not enough. The government has understood that stress must be put on the manufacturing of the electronic goods. If the people do not have access to the electronic goods, then they will not be able to take part in the digital revolution.
- IT for Jobs – Once the government has prepared the base for digitization and encouraging the people to walk on that path, it needs to give the extra push in that direction by providing adequate job opportunities in the IT sectors. It will stop the educated Indians in traveling to other countries for better IT related jobs. Around 1.7 crore people will be trained properly for meeting the IT job requirements.
- Early Harvest Programmes – Apart from the long drawn projects, the government will also put stress on the development and the implementation of the programs, which will take less time to be implemented and produce an immediate effect on the lives of the common people.
Projects under Digital India Movement
The Digital India movement is not a singular scheme. It is a program that has a number of projects under it. With the successful implementation of these projects, the government will be able to acquire the success of the Digital India movement. The following are the projects that have been announced under the Digital India movement:
- Digi Locker – We put our confidential documents in a locker for their safekeeping. The concept of the Digi Locker is the same. The only difference is it operates on the cloud technology. With the Digi Locker, one will be able to store their confidential documents in the cloud and access it whenever required. As the password for opening the locker will remain with that person, no one else will be able to steal the data.
- in – The government wants common people to take an active part in the governance of the country or the state. For facilitating this, a digital platform has been created, called the MyGov.in where one will be able to provide inputs and discus about the various projects of the government. It works on the approach of “Discuss”, “Do” and “Disseminate”
- e-Sign Framework – Singing the documents is very important for giving authentication to the papers. But with the emergence of the concept of digital documents, the need to invent a method of signing the documents was felt. With the e-Sign Framework, people will be able to sign any digital document by providing the Aadhar Code for authenticating the process. The Aadhar card authentication is required to make sure that one person is not forging the signature of another
- Swach Bharat Mission application – Another much talked about scheme is the Swachh Bharat Mission. Under the digital drive, the government launched the smartphone app for the scheme. With the assistance of the app, the people will be able to get the information about scheme and get closer to achieving a clean India.
- National Scholarship Portal – The government has always tried to encourage the students for acquiring higher education and the deserving candidate also receive grants from the authority. With the launch of the National Scholarship Portal, the eligible candidates will get the information about the various scholarships and enroll accordingly. The portals will also provide details and requirements of every grant scheme. It will also assist the government in keeping a track on the scholarships and the students who are getting it.
- e-Hospital – For streamlining the medical field, the government has launched a portal that will assist the people in acquiring all services associated with the government hospitals. The name of the portal is e-hospital and it will provide the patients with the info that they require about the doctors, taking appointment, paying the fee, getting details on the availability of blood.
- Digitize India Platform – For acquiring an all-around development, the government needs data that must be put to use. For making the data available to the authority as well as the general people, the establishment of the Digitize India Platform was done. The portal will contain data and records that have been digitized for proper and faster dissemination. People from all walks of life will have the access to this platform and the responsibility of providing updated data depends on the government.
- Bharat Net – The best way of providing internet facilities in the rural areas is by using the broadband services. Under the Bharat Net scheme, the government wants to connect all the 250,000 gram panchayats with internet. The speed of this broadband service will be fast and the internet connection will be made with the assistance of the optical fibre. Till date, no other country has taken up the task of providing broadband to villages on such a large scale.
- Wi-fi Hotspots – The government wants to bring the entire country under the range of internet access. Along with broadband, the government will also establish wi-fi hot spot networks, all over the nation. Thus, the authority has taken up the initiative called the Wi-fi Hotspots and the people will get to enjoy the facility of high speed internet connection. The best part about the wi-fi connection is it will be provided to the public free of cost.
- Next Generation Network – The government has understood that the telephone exchanges also require a revamping. Thus, the Next Generation Network is a special initiative that has been taken up by the telephone service provider BSNL. It has been stated that all telephone exchanges, which have been operating for more than 30 years will be released from duty. The NGN will take over the task of all activities, which are associated with the telephone service.
- Electronics Development Fund – Money will be required at all stages of development and for this the Electronics Development Fund has been created by the government. The money collected in the fund will be utilized for creating and developing electronic products so that a resource pool is created in the country itself. Once this has been accomplished, the dependence on import will reduce and there will be increase in job opportunities.
- Centre of Excellence on Internet of Things – It is another initiative by the central government and is popularly known as the IoT. The center will work in association with the ERNET, DeitY, and NASSCOM and will have positive effects on the growth of strategy. Every aspects of daily life will be catered to by the system.
Implementation of Digital India
Success of a scheme can be brought about by the successful implementation of the various aspects of the program. Seeing it in that light, the vastness of the Digital India movement will require the authority to tale extra care for the implementation of the rules.
- As the schemes under the Digital India movement are associated with digitization, the concerned departments must conduct proper R&D and then take efforts in implementing the steps. In this task, the IT department will get the assistance of DeitY
- e-Governance was already started under the previous government but it was in its infancy. Under the Modi rule, a lot of stress was put on this aspect. The concerned departments will analyze the existent schemes and reshape them accordingly to fit the new schemes.
- Funds will be provided by the state as well as the central government for the proper implementation of the scheme. The state authority will have the power to special digitization related requirements, which will play a critical role in the development of economic and social status of the area.
- If a specific area has been benefited under a certain model, then the same model will be duplicated and implemented in other areas, for attaining the same positive results. It will be seen that both areas are given the same infrastructure.
- For the better deliver of the services, the government will depend on the development of unique and separate IDs. The system will prevent miscommunication and ensure that the right services are reaching the correct area.
- The task of monitoring the implementation is also essential. Thus, the government will form the post of CIO or the Chief Information Officers. These officers will be placed in 10 government departments and will look after the e-governance part.
All about the Digital India App
For catering to the needs of the common people and providing them the info they seek, the government has launched a smartphone application for the Digital India movement. The name of the app is Digital India App and it can be downloaded in all smartphones that operate on the Android OS. Just go to Google PlayStore and download the app free of cost.
Digital India Website
For the assistance of the common people, the central government has also launched an official website for the Digital India movement. One can acquire info about the project and its various aspects by clicking on the link http://digitalindia.gov.in/ .
Digital India Project Jobs and Data Entry Jobs
With the implementation of the Digital India scheme, there will be a huge demand for skilled and trained people in the IT and the ITES industries. The job opportunities in the data entry and IT fields will increase and students will not have to venture out of the country to acquire work. As digitization rests on the foundation of data, the requirement of trained data compilers will increase.
To reach this stage, the government will have to provide adequate opportunities for the students, both in the urban as well as in the rural areas, to get proper IT training. The government desires to reach the 1 crore mark in the sector of training young IT professionals.
Benefits of Digital India Movement
The following are the main benefits that the common people of the nation will acquire with the implementation of the Digital India movement:
- More people will have access to internet – As per the report of the survey, only 20% of the total population has access to the power of internet. The rate of internet users must be increased if the country wants to attain success in digitization. With Digital India movement, it will be possible.
- Increasing connectivity in rural areas – It has been seen that the people in the remote and rural areas are suffering due to the unavailability of internet connection. With the assistance of rural internet connectivity programs, the Digital India movement will address this section.
- Getting assistance in acquiring health benefits – One of the main aims of the central government is to assist the people in getting better health care facilities. With improved internet access via Digital India Movement, this issue will be handled. Getting information on health care services will also be easy.
- Paving the path for online education – A high percentage of people in the rural areas is poor and do not have enough money to get traditional education. Digital India movement will pave the way for attaining online or portal based education. This can only happen after the establishment of strong internet access.
- Improving the effectiveness of government schemes – Be it the rural or the urban areas, the development of the region can only be brought about by the implementation of the government schemes. With better digital facilities, the scheme implementation cane be carried out online and it will make the schemes more effective.
- Improving the transparency of the government – PM has said on many occasions that the country will be able to achieve self-governance only if it remains transparent. With the establishment of the online government portals, ordinary Indians will acquire the information and thus, the government will be able to maintain transparency.
- Developing the small business sector – It is not possible for the owners of the small businesses to promote their trade in a grand manner. With the assistance of portal based tools, it can be done in a cost-effective manner. For this, digital connectivity is required that will be brought by Digital India movement.
- Improving connectivity of social media – Social media not only provides entertainment and communication, it also keeps a tab on the things that are happening around. With the implementation of Digital India, news will also be available to people easily.
By now, it is clear that the implementation of Digital India movement is very important for the entire nation. Thus, the future of the country rides on the success on the scheme and so, the government is leaving no stone unturned to ensure the victory of the movement. The central government has made huge allocations in the budget to ensure that the progress is not stopped due to the lack of adequate funds.
PM Modi may launch Second Phase of Digital India Programme on June 15
The Government of India, aims at stepping into the second phase of Digital India. Government presently, targets USD 1 Trillion economy of the country by the year 2022. As per the latest updates, under the second phase the government plans to link Digital India platform with over 30 new government policies and programmes.
The second phase of the Programme will be officially launched by PM Narendra Modi. The expected time for implementation has been set for 15th June 2018. The supervision for the implementation and launch will be supported by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
Anubhav Yojana or Digital Health Scheme in Himachal Pradesh
Standing in line, waiting for your turn to book a doctor’s appointment, is an ordeal. It is both tiring and time consuming. Keeping in line with PM’s Digital India Mission, the Himachal Pradesh government has taken a “step towards digital health.” Anubhav Yojana is one portal based project that allows patients to book a doctor’s appointment by logging on online OPD site. Patients will be able to generate an online token. The preferred appointment time will be mentioned on the token. As of now, the scheme has been implemented in Kullu area. The state authority stated that around 4.5 lakh individuals will be able to attain the benefits of this scheme.