Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2018 (PMAY) Apply Online, Eligibility Criteria [Gramin and Urban (Sehri) ] and Application Form using pmaymis SECC 2011 List And Latest news updated on GST 2018
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana aka PMAY or Housing for all is a housing scheme for all the people who belong to lower income group, economically weaker section and Middle Income Group in India. Launched in 2015, it is a housing development project from central government that will deliver 2 Cr permanent houses in urban as well as rural areas by the year 2022. The phase I of the project is already over by March 2017 and the second phase has already started. It is divided into two parts, PMAY Urban and PMAY Gramin.
- Under PMAY-Urban, the houses will be constructed within the urban areas. Mainly the congested slums areas will be removed to deliver pucca or permanent houses to the inhabitants of the slums and other people from LIG ,EWS and MIG categories.
- In the PMAY-Gramin scheme, people from rural areas will get their pucca houses. Those who are living in rented houses or own house but needs reconstruction, can apply for this scheme.
Launched on June 2015, the primary aim for this Yojana is to ensure that 2 crore houses are built across nation’s length and breadth. The estimated completion year for the scheme is 2022, which means that these 2 crore homes will be constructed over a period of 7 years.
Here are the quick highlights of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in a tabular format:
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana|
|Launch Date||June, 2015|
|Estimated Time for Completion||7 years (2022)|
|Primary Objective||Providing affordable houses to Indian citizens|
|Number of Houses to be Built||2 crores +|
|Primary Target Group||Poor people of India belonging to LIG, EWS and MIG groups.|
|Primary Target Area||LIG, EWS and MIG people of urban and rural area.|
|PMAYG||Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (Rural)|
|PMAYU||Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (Sheri)|
|Subsidy||Aprox rs 1.2 Lakhs in Gramin and rs 2.4 Lakhs in Urban|
|Scope of Scheme||Across India|
|Previous Name||Housing for All scheme and Indira Awas Yojana|
|Launched by||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility Criteria for getting Loan
- Should not own permanent house – An important eligibility criteria is that the applicants or any member of his/her family must not possess a permanent home in any part of the country.
- For EWS group – Applicants who do not earn more than 3 lakhs on a yearly basis will be categorized as EWS or Economically Weaker Sections. All candidates who have documents to prove this will be allowed to apply for a home under this scheme.
- For LIG group – An interested candidate who desires to get the benefits of this housing program, and has yearly earnings that is falls within 3 lakhs but is not more than 6 lakhs will be considered as a member of the Lower Income Group.
- For MIG 1 group – Any applicant who has a yearly earning that amount to 12 lakhs, then he/she will be categorized as Medium Income Group 1. These candidates will be able to apply for a new home provided they meet other requirements.
- For MIG 2 groups – Individuals who earn an annual salary of Rs. 18 lakhs or less, they will be categorized as Medium Income Group 2 category. These individuals will also be allowed to apply under the PMAY program.
- Carpet area of the homes – Applicants will get homes with varying carpet areas. It will depend on the category under which these applicants fall. So, candidates of EWS, and LIG sections will acquire a shelter that is of 30 sqm and 60 sqm carpet area respectively. As per the new draft, applicants from MIG 1 will be eligible to get homes with 120 sqm carpet area while MIG 2 applicants will get 150 smq.
Apart from the primary criteria, all interested candidates will have to meet some additional requirements to apply and get credit from economic institutions. Applicants will get credit to pay for the Awas yojana.
- For attaining a credit of 6 lakhs – In case an applicant desires to get a credit of 6 lakhs, they need to make an applicant only of their annual income that is no more than 6 lakhs. These candidates will be awarded a subvention of 6.5% with tenure of 20 years to repay the credit.
- For attaining a credit of 9 lakhs – People who want to acquire a loan of Rs. 9 lakhs must have an income of Rs. 12 lakhs on a yearly basis. According to the official draft, all candidates who will fall under this category will have to pay interest that will be 4% less than normal loan schemes. They need to clear the credit repayment within 20 years.
- For attaining a credit of 12 lakhs – For applicants who desire to acquire a credit of Rs. 12 lakhs, they must have an annual salary of Rs. 18 lakhs. Individuals who will fall under this section will be awarded with a subvention on the interest rate at 3%. Each creditor will have to pay up the entire loan amount within 20 years.
Phases of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana has its blueprint divided into three phases. In other words, the scheme is designed to be completed in three phases, which are:
|Target Date of Start||April 2015|
|Target Date of Ending||March 2017|
|Number of Cities Targeted||100 cities in India|
|What to Expect?||Development and completion of affordable houses under the scheme.|
|Target Date of Start||April 2017|
|Target Date of Ending||March 2019|
|Number of Cities Targeted||200 cities in India|
|What to Expect?||Development and completion of affordable houses under the scheme.|
|Target Date of Start||April 2019|
|Target Date of Ending||March 2022|
|Number of Cities Targeted||All remaining cities in India|
|What to Expect?||Development and completion of affordable houses under the scheme.|
Process to Apply
There are three modes of application under the PMAY scheme. They are offline, online and through CSCs for the urban and rural areas.
Apply Subsidy for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban [PMAY (U)]
- Offline: In case of offline registration, there is a demand survey by the urban local bodies. This survey will be conducted to find and organise the list of people living under LIG category (annual income not more than Rs. 6 Lac) and EWS category (Annual Income not more than Rs. 3 Lac). Once the survey will be done, verification process will start and the registration will began accordingly.
- Online process: In case of online process the applicant can register for free of cost through the pradhan mantri awas yojana ministry official website. The link for the website is http://pmaymis.gov.in/. Click on the link and find the registration or sign up form available on the website. Fill it up with required information regarding the loan and applicant’s identity. Submit the form online after successfully completion of the filling up.
- CSCs: Common Service Centres are being established in many places across the nation. Applicants are required to submit all their documents in these CSCs and a minimum registration fee of Rs. 25/- plus service charge for the registration under PMAY (U) scheme.
Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin [PMAY (G)]
- Offline: For PMAY (G) the Gramin Sabha will be in charge for the demand survey. The authorities will conduct the survey in which LIG and EWS categories will be identified to make a list of targeted population. This list should be submitted to the PMAY local authorities for further registration process.
- Online: The online registration process for the PMAY (G) is same as the PMAY (U). The applicant can register through the official ministry website for PMAY without spending anything.
- CSCs: As mentioned CSCs are being established everywhere to process the registration. The applicant is required to spend Rs. 25/- as a service charge and registration fee to the authorities in CSCs to process the registration.
Note : You should fall in Secc 2011 list to be eligible for getting PMAYG benefits.
Documents Required for PMAY application
- One of the mandatory documents to be submitted for the scheme registration is Aadhaar card. If the applicant by chance does not hold Aadhaar card, then the CSCs will help the applicant to get his card with proper registration.
- Another mandatory document to be submitted is the BPL certificates. People who are living in rural areas or in urban areas, belonging to EWS or LIG groups need to submit their income certificates along with their identity and address proof.
Application form of PMAY (U) and PMAY (G)
The application form is available online only. If the applicant is filling up the form through online, then he/she has to download it and submit it online after filling it up properly. Those who are registering through CSCs can get those forms in hand from the centres. The authorities take out the forms printed and deliver them along with an acknowledgement slip to the applicant against Rs. 25/-. The applicant has to submit the form in CSCs after filling it properly.
Name, contact, gender, date of birth, category, annual income, aadhaar number, BPL certificate details and such are the mandatory options in the form. Also the applicant must mention about the house loan they want such as for construction of new house or renovation of old home.
Status Check: Track your application
After registration, you need to check whether your application gets accepted for the loan or not. To check or track the status of your application, you must click on the following link http://pmaymis.gov.in/Search_Name.aspx. In this page you will find a small empty text box where you have to enter first 3 letters of your name. Once you submit that a long list of applicants’ name will be shown. You can find your name in the list and can get the details of your application status.
Who are the target group of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
PMAY is launched for the people who have lower income and don’t have their own house to live in. The main targeted population of the scheme is the people living under EWS and LIG. Also people who are living below the poverty line can also be the part of this scheme.
In recent time the central government has stated that the middle income group of MIGs will also be eligible for this PMAY scheme. The loan amount is also increased to 12 Lac from 6 Lac.
Last Date to apply for the PMAY Loan:
The second phase has been started from April 2017 for the scheme. As of now 31st March 2019 is the last date for application is being mentioned by the authority.
What are the primary features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
- A subsidy will be granted to people to all eligible people of urban and rural population. The subsidy will come from central government treasury and will range anywhere between INR 1 lakh and INR 2.30 lakh. This subsidy will allow people from target segment to afford a house under the scheme.
- Government will also offer subsidy for interest rates on loans availed for the Yojana. 6.5% interest rate subsidy will be offered to the beneficiaries against the loans they avail. This interest subsidy will last for a period of 15 years from the date on which the loan is disbursed to the borrower.
- Female members will get preference when it come allotment of houses under this scheme. Simply put, applications from female beneficiaries will be accepted easily compared to applications from male beneficiaries. This makes the scheme a pro-women scheme.
- For ground floor houses, the government will give first preference to people who are differently abled or those people who are aged.
- The government has strictly instructed that the housing enclaves developed under the scheme strictly follow eco-friendly construction technology.
Drastic reduction of EMI under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
The PMAY comes with a promise of subsidized interest rate of 6.5% against housing loans under the scheme. Currently the market rate for interest on housing loans is 10.5%. This means that those who want to avail housing loans for the scheme, they will enjoy a rate of interest which is 4% below the market rate. This clearly implies that there will be a drastic reduction in the amount of EMI one needs to repay every month.
Let us take a quick example of how much reduction can be expected in EMI payments under the PMAY
Let us assume that a person takes out a loan of INR 6,00,000 under normal market rates (10.50%) for a loan tenure of 15 years. Thus, the amount of EMI he or she needs to pay per month will be INR 6,632 per month. In case the person wants to take out the same loan under the housing scheme, the interest rate applicable will be 6.5%. This will lead to an EMI of INR 4,050 a month. This means that under the scheme, the person needs to pay well over INR 2000 less compared to what he or she would normally pay under normal or market interest rates. This is a drastic drop in EMI, making home purchase far more pocket friendly for LIG and EWS people of the urban sectors of the nation.
Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
One of the key features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is its credit-linked subsidy scheme. We have already mentioned two important features of this housing scheme, which are:
- Government loan of up to INR 600,000 for a period of 15 years or less.
- Subsidized interest rate of 6.5%.
Now, these two components are not different from each other. In fact, one complements the other in such a way that they cannot exist independently.
To further explain…
The interest rate of 6.5% will be applicable only if someone applies for a home loan under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. There are some rules to this. The rules are:
- The loan amount cannot exceed 600,000 rupees if the subsidized interest rate is to be enjoyed.
- If the loan amount is greater than INR 600,000, any amount above that mark will be subject to normal market interest rates. So, if a person applies for INR 700,000 as loan, he or she will have to pay normal market interest rate (for home loans) for the additional INR 100,000.
- A person has to be from EWS or LIG category to be able to avail this loan.
- The subsidized rate of interest will be available for a maximum of 15 years. This means that if a person is taking out a loan for say, 20 years, he or she will have to pay 6.5% interest for first 15 years and then the interest rate will be increased to market rate for home loans. If, the tenure of the loan is less than 15 years, the subsidized rate will be applicable as the loan tenure will not exceed 15 years anyway.
- The loans can be availed for purchasing a new house constructed under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana but that is not mandatory. This means that a person from LIG or EWS category can take out a loan under this scheme even if he or she already has a house that requires extension or renovation or he or she actually wants to build a new home on his or her own instead of purchasing a new apartment from the pool of housing units constructed under the government scheme.
- If the loan is taken for extension or renovation of a new house, the carpet area of the house has to be 30 square meters for EWS category people and 60 square meters for LIG category people. If this condition is not met, loan under this scheme cannot be availed.
Cities selected by government for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
The government has come up with a list of all cities in different states and union territories where housing units will be constructed under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The complete list is provided below:
|Amaravati Capital City|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Anantnag|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
|Lilong (Imphal West)|
|Thongkhong Laxmi Bazar|
Union territories that will be covered under this scheme are:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- National Capital Territory of Delhi – Delhi
- Puducherry (previously Pondicherry)
All about the subsidy, interest rate and EMI calculations:
The equated monthly installment to be paid on the housing loan under this government scheme will be decreased to a considerable amount. The loan facility for this housing scheme is now available at 10.5 percent of interest rate. In accordance with the calculation, the equated monthly installment on these types of loans of six lakhs for a long duration of fifteen years falls somewhere around 6,632 rupees.
According to the PMAY, the new announce equated monthly installment will be four thousand fifty rupees and this is because of the subsidy of 6.5 percent. Therefore, the applicants will get the advantage of saving a minimum of two thousand rupees in the payment of Equated monthly installment. The beneficiaries will get the central grant of approximately one lakh rupees. The individuals who belong to LIG and EWS will be offered with 6.50 percent subsidy with the assistance of credit linked subsidy scheme.
Latest News Update (Jan 2018)
Govt. cuts down GST on affordable homes from 12% to 8 % For First time home buyers
According to latest updates the government has announced to cut down the GST rates to 8 percent from 12 percent. The new rates are applicable for home buyers purchasing affordable homes under the PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana) – CLSS scheme. The government has extended the benefit for first time home buyers having annual income equivalent to around Rs 18 lakhs. Apart from this the GST benefit will also be provided to home buyers investing in low cost home projects having 646 sq. ft. maximum carpet area.
Update 23 Feb 2018
Urban Housing Scheme – Extra Budgetary Support of Rs 60,000 Crore under PMAY
Under the latest implementations made by the Central Government- Union Cabinet has decided to invest an overall budget of Rs 60,000 crore under the PMAY-Urban scheme. The government has also stated that the new budget will be used for constructing over 1.2 crore new affordable homes by 2022 fiscal year.
The government has also stated that the additional funds will be used under BMTCP (Building Materials and Technology Promotion Council) under the MoHUA (Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs). Under the new implementation the government aims at making use of better and advanced technology for constructing affordable homes.
As per the government additional funds will help in meeting the requirements of project completion within next 4 years. The government has also stated that the funds for the completion of the project will be released in stages by central government with Rs 1.7 crore to be released in the initial stage.
Apart from this to make the homes more affordable to the people the government will be offering with subsidy on interest for the loan under the Pradhan Mantri Home Loan scheme.
M awas app has been launched fro GPRA by GSA to check application status.
PM Modi have sanctioned 200 crore more for this scheme.
RBI Increases Credit Limit for Purchasing Home under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
RBI has decided that from now on, people belonging to EWS will be able to get more credit for purchasing affordable permanent homes. This decision will make Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana more lucrative. But it will be offered under Private Sector Lending only. So, if any EWS candidate opts for this scheme, he/she will be able to get an increased sum of 35 lakhs as credit from banks. But the condition is that the house must be set in any metropolitan site that has 10 lakh or more population. This decision comes only after RBI declared their new repo and reverse repo rates. These have been increased to 6.25% and 6% respectively. Though people will be able to get more funds for purchasing homes.