Delhi Free Tirth Yatra Yojana For Senior Citizen
The Free Tirth Yatra Yojana was lately announced by the Delhi state government. The new scheme is mainly focused on providing an opportunity of visiting places of pilgrimage for senior citizens of Delhi city. The government will cover up all travelling expenses for the Senior citizens who will be selected for enrolling under the scheme. The opportunity will be provided by the Delhi government free of cost for the senior citizens.
|Name||Free Tirth Yatra Yojana|
|Announced by||Delhi’s CM Mr. Arvind Kejriwal|
|Target People||Senior Citizen|
Features of the Free Tirth Yatra Yojana
- Eligibility criteria – According to the sources, the Scheme is only valid for the people who are citizens of Delhi. The government has made it clear that the beneficiary has to be a resident of Delhi under the selected jurisdiction and should be a senior citizen by age.
- Selection process – A complete list of over 1000 selected senior citizens from around 70 different jurisdictions within Delhi shall be prepared by the state government.
- Facilities provided – Under the scheme the state government will provide the candidates with free traveling opportunities. Apart from this they will also be provided with all expenses related to travelling and stay for each beneficial candidate. This expense shall be borne by the government.
- First batch – The Delhi government has also announced that the first batch for the Tirth yatra under the scheme shall be travelling only after Makar Sankranti during January 2018 Month. The government will make all arrangements for travel to by means of bus transportation.
Places under the scheme
Under the scheme the government has also announced that the selected candidates will get an opportunity to visit Haridwar, Rishikesh, Vrindavan, Mathura, Kedarnath and Badrinath pilgrimage places.
- The entire process for implementation will be handled and supervised by the State government itself for the senior citizens.
- A notification for preparing and selecting eligible senior citizens from respective jurisdictions has also been sent to the respective MP of each jurisdiction.
- Within each selected jurisdiction, the respective MP will be responsible for preparing and submitting the list of eligible candidates.
- Once the list has been prepared the process of screen of candidates will be done and eligible candidates will be notified for their selection status before Makar Sankranti.
The government of Delhi has taken a big step after the state government of Rajasthan and UP have also provided with similar opportunity for senior citizens within their states. With this opportunity the government aims at providing opportunity to people who are not able to fund themselves for visiting these places of pilgrimage on financial accounts.