AP YSR Nethanna Nestham [Hastham] Scheme 2020-2021 [ How to Apply, List, Amount, Eligibility, Application Form, Financial Aid to Handloom Weavers]
The YSR Nethanna Nestam Scheme is a recent launch by the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. The main objective of the scheme is to provide financial help to handloom weavers. Under the scheme, the handloom weavers of the state will get yearly financial help from the state authority. As use of traditionally weaved handloom clothes has declined, there is increase in poverty and poor condition among the handloom weavers. Read the following information that shall help you grasp better insight into the above said scheme.
|Name of the scheme||AP YSR Nethanna Hastham Nestham Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of scheme announcement||October 2019|
|Date of implementation of the scheme||December 2019|
|Target beneficiaries of the scheme||Handloom weavers of the state|
|Scheme Supervised by||State Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Portal of the scheme||Yet to be launched|
|Contact details relating to scheme||Not mentioned yet|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of handloom weavers – The YSR Nethanna Nestham Scheme has been launched with the aim of improving the handloom weavers’ condition in Andhra Pradesh.
- Annual financial assistance –As Chief Minister of the state has stated, the financial help will be offered to traditional weavers yearly to improve their condition.
- Total amount of grant – Andhra Pradesh state government will grant assistance of rupees 24000 yearly. This will be given to every handloom weaver whose name is included in the beneficiary list.
- Money transfer in the bank – The financial help to be given to weavers will be transferred in the linked bank account of the beneficiaries.
Eligibility for the scheme
- Residents of the state –Only residents of Andhra Pradesh can apply for the scheme. It is applicable only for the permanent residents of the state.
- Only handloom weavers – The scheme has been launched for the traditional weavers and improving their condition. Therefore, candidates from other professions in the state cannot become part of the scheme.
- Registered with Handloom Association – To enjoy perks of the above said scheme, the weavers should be connected with state Handloom Associations. The state government should run background check before offering financial help.
- BPL applicants – The BPL candidates can avail the scheme benefits as the scheme is meant for individuals belonging to the BPL category of the state.
- Bank account holders – The applicant should have a bank account in which they can get the money transferred under the scheme. Therefore, the weaver must have an active bank account.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – The scheme allows only the state residents to avail of the scheme benefits. Therefore, they should produce residential proof at the time of online registration for the scheme. This shall help justify that they are legal residents of the state.
- Identification proof – Candidates should furnish details of identification such as Aadhaar card, voter card, and the like to justify their claim at the time of registering for the scheme.
- Registration certificate –For online registration, candidates should produce registration certificate issued by State Handloom Association. This will be required for scrutiny by the higher authority for candidate selection.
- BPL certificate –The weavers have to furnish copy of BPL certificate during registration for the scheme. Only after submission of relevant documents, the candidate can enjoy scheme benefits.
- Bank account details – In bank details, the candidate has to produce bank account details IFSC code and other relevant information that will be required to check whether the candidate has an active bank account or not. The information is also required for forwarding the money through DBT mode.
How to get a registration form and apply for the scheme?
As this is a recently launched scheme, the details of registration information are yet to be declared by higher authorities. As soon as the information comes up, the selected candidates will be the first to know about it. Also, the official portal is yet to be launched. After its launch, the candidates can check for the details from the portal. This way, it will help them to stay updated about the scheme. However, the CM of the state said that the beneficiary list would be given to each of the Gram Panchayat offices.
Therefore, with the successful implementation of the scheme, it will be possible to boost the financial condition of the handloom weavers of the state. Once they start getting financial help, they can use it to buy modern handlooms. With this, they can continue their handloom weaving work. This way, it can increase the production level and help the weavers earn a better living.