YSR Matsyakara Bharosa Scheme In AP 2019-2020 [How to Apply, Eligibility, Documents, diesel subsidy, Application Form]
The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has launched a new welfare project that will pave the path for the prosperity of the fishermen in the state. The name of this scheme is YSR Matsyakara Bharosa Scheme. A number of perks have been listed in the scheme draft. If you want to know more about the various aspects of this project, then read this article carefully.
|Name of the scheme||YSR Matsyakara Bharosa Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||October 2019|
|Date of official launch||November 2019|
|Supervised by||Department of Fisheries of Andhra Pradesh|
Key features of the scheme
- Holistic development of fishermen – The implementation of the scheme has been done with the single purpose of upgrading the financial and social status of the members of fishing communities.
- Financial assistance during ‘no fishing’ season – Beneficiaries were supposed to receive Rs. 4000 during the fishing ban seasons. But the state Chief Minister has increased the assistance amount to Rs. 10,000/
- Subsidy on diesel price – The state government has decided to increase the diesel subsidy from Rs. 9 to Rs. 6.03 for each liter of this fuel.
- Beneficiaries of other schemes – The Chief Minister also stated that if any fisherman is already registered under pension scheme, Vahana Mitra or Rythu Bharosa projects, then he will automatically become a beneficiary of this new welfare scheme.
- Mechanized and traditional net users – The scheme was targeted towards offering financial assistance to fishermen who used mechanized nets. But that guideline has been scrapped. Both mechanized and traditional net users will get the monetary assistances.
- Beneficiary count – An official report indicates that the implementation of this scheme will offer the perks to as many as 1,32,332 fishermen families in Andhra Pradesh
- Ex-gratia amount – Earlier, the ex-gratia sum that was given to the family members of dead fishermen was Rs. 5 lakhs. The Chief Minister revised the clause and increased the support amount to Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Establishing aqua labs – The scheme also highlights that the state government will pay more attention and release funds for the erection of aqua laboratories in 46 new locations.
- Budget allocation – For the successful implementation of this scheme, the Chief Minister of the state has already allocated Rs. 720 crore from the state funds.
- Must be an inhabitant of AP – If the candidate is not a legal and permanent residents of this state, then he will not be able to enroll for this project.
- Fishing is the main occupation – It is necessary that the applicant must be associated with fishing as his main source of livelihood.
- Certified member of the community – The scheme will allow the participation of those applicants, who are registered with the Fishermen Associations in the state.
- Age requirement – It is mentioned in the scheme draft that the lowest age requirement for the applicants is 18 years. The upper age limit has been set in 60 years.
- Registered fishing boat – Only the owners of fishing boats can acquire diesel subsidy. This facility is available for those fishermen who have the vessels registered in their names.
- Bank account – All financial grants will be deposited in the bank account of the beneficiary via DBT. So, each applicant needs to have an access to an active bank account.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof – It is necessary for the interested applicants to possess their legal residential documents, which have been issued by the Andhra Pradesh authority.
- ID proof – If the applicants desire to see their names on the beneficiary list, then they need to submit a copy of their Aadhar card and the voter card.
- Certificate of fisherman community – All the applicants must offer a copy of the membership certificate that has been issued by the Andhra Pradesh Fishermen Association.
- Fishing boat registration papers – If the applicants want to avail of the diesel subsidy perks, they must submit the fishing boat registration documents.
- Age proof – Due to the age criterion, it is pertinent that all the applicants furnish a copy of their legal age certificate.
- Death certificate of fishermen – In case the family members of a deceased fisherman wants to attain the ex-gratia amount, they need to submit a copy of the fisherman’s death certificate.
- Bank account details – All the beneficiaries need to have an access to an active bank account. During enrollment, they need to produce bank account details to acquire the financial assistances.
How to get application form and enroll for the scheme?
The Andhra Pradesh government has launched the scheme during this financial year. Thus, the state government is yet to announce the steps, which candidates need to follow to enroll for the scheme benefits. The state government may opt for online or offline application mode. If you desire to know more about the enrollment process, then keep your eyes glued to our site.
Government reports suggest that fishermen communities require financial and social assistance. The Andhra Pradesh government has announced that the officials will take the necessary steps to ensure that the deserving applicants get the benefits. As soon as the official arrangements are complete, the state government will open the application process. The Chief Minister has also mentioned that he can revise the guidelines if need arises.