Uttar Pradesh Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana Online Application Form Meritorious Student List
The former as well as current state government of Uttar Pradesh has been taking initiatives for assisting the poor female candidates in acquiring higher education. It is done by providing monetary help in form of scholarships to meritorious candidates. One such scheme that offers monetary assistance to good female students is the UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana.
Quick Details Of UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana
|1||Scheme Name||Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana|
|2||Launched By||Akhilesh Yadav (Former Chief Minister of UP)|
|4||Continued By||Yogi Adityanath (Present CM Of UP)|
|5||Specially For||Meritorious Girls Students Of the State|
|7||Objective||Encouraging female education|
Key Features of the UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana
Understanding the components and aspects of the Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana will become easy if you take a look at the salient features of the program:
- Area specific scheme – Many state governments are working towards implementing schemes that are exclusively for the residents of that state. The Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana in UP is one such program. Only the legitimate residents of UP will get the permission to enroll under the scheme.
- Empowering girl students of poor families – Not only will the scheme give permission to the female students of the state; they need to belong to a certain economic category to enroll. Only those candidates who fall in the backward classes (in respect to income) will be able to register.
- Scholarship amount for assisting higher education – As per the guidelines of the scheme, chosen candidates will be given a scholarship of Rs. 30,000. The funds will assist the students in acquiring higher education and improve the overall infrastructure of the state.
- Nature and number of the beneficiaries – At first it was decided that only the students passing 12th standard from the UP State Board will be able to register for the scholarship, later the clause was changed and all other education boards like the CBSE, ICSE, UP Madrasa, and Sanskrit Board were also included. According to rough estimates, one lakh female students will be benefited.
- Money directly in the bank account – Another feature of the program is that the money will not be handed to the candidates. After publishing the merit list, all the selected candidates will get the grant directly transferred in their bank accounts.
Eligibility Criteria of UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana
If you are interested in registering under the UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana, then you will have to meet some criteria. The following points will assist you in ticking the eligibility check list:
- Designed for the female students of Uttar Pradesh – The UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana is a program that has been especially designed for the female students who are residents of the state of Uttar Pradesh. Girl students who are living in the state will be eligible to register under the program.
- Scholarship for female candidates only – Studies have shown that the percentage of girls, unable to acquire higher education for lack of money is high in the state. Thus, the UP government has decided to develop the status of girls and so, only female students will be able to register for the scholarship.
- Assisting the lower income groups – According to the guidelines of the scheme, only those meritorious female students will be able to register for acquiring the scholarship whose yearly family income will not be more than 2 lakhs.
- Must pass the 12th standard – Another eligibility criterion for registering under the scheme is that the girl students must have cleared the 12th standard examination with flying colors. The applicants will have to provide the required documents.
- For meritorious female students only – Meeting the eligibility criteria alone will not seal your place on the merit list. Only the female candidates will be selected who have a record of acquiring good marks.
Official Website for UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana
All the pertinent information, associated with the UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana is available on the official website of the state government. If you want to get the details, then click on the link http://www.upmsp.edu.in/
How to get online application form For UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana
For the time being, the state government of UP has provided the facility of registering the names of the candidates though offline procedure only. For getting the application form, the candidate will have to click on the link http://www.upmsp.edu.in/ and down load the application form.
Documents Required for UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana
Some documents must be furnished by the candidate, along with the application form. The following list will come in handy:
- Residential proof – As only the students, residing and studying in a school within the borders of UP, will be eligible for registering under the scheme, a photocopy of any residential address proof is a must. The Voter card, PAN Card or the Aadhar Card will be accepted.
- Mark sheets of 10th and 12th – To assist the authority in the verification and selection process, the candidate will have to attach photocopies of the final mark sheets of 10th and 12th class, which have been attested by the candidate herself.
- Character certificate from the school – The candidate must attach a character certificate that has been issued by the school office, with the application form. A good character certificate from the school will have positive effects during the selection process.
- Income certificate and class certificate – As there are certain reservation with the yearly family income of the candidate, attaching an income certificate, signed and attested by proper authority is a must. Candidates belonging to ST/SC/OBC classes must provide the certificate as well.
How to Register in UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana
The application process for registering the names of interested candidates under the UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana is rather simple. You need not worry about the nitty-gritties of online application and registration.
- All interested female candidates will have to click on the official link of the scheme and click on the appropriate link to download the PDF format of the application form.
- After the download is complete, the candidate will have to get a print of the application form. Then the form must be filled with the required information.
- Details like the name, address, parents’ names, parents’ income, whether she belongs to any specific backward class, name of the school must be provided in the form. A passport sized picture must be pasted on the form.
- Once it has been filled, the required documents must be attached with the application form for aiding the process of verification by the school and state authorities, before the preparation of the merit list.
- After all this, the parents or the candidate needs to take the form to the school from where she appeared and passed the 12th standard examination. After verification by school office, it will be sent to the office of the District Inspector of School’s office.
UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana Merit List District Wise List
After the submission date is over, the respective authority will start the task of selecting the meritorious candidates. Each of the 75 districts in the state will publish their own merit list. This decision has been taken so that the scheme can benefit the maximum number students. Once the merit list is prepared, it will be published on the official site. Then the applicants can check the list and find out whether they have made the cut or not. All the details will be available on http://www.upmsp.edu.in/MeritList2016.html.
Budget For UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana
According to the reports published by the UP government, the total budget for the successful implementation of the UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana is a whopping Rs. 300 crores. In the coming years, the allocated budget will be increased for reaching out to more meritorious candidates.