Thalikku Thangam Thittam Scheme in Tamil Nadu 2019-2020 [Application Form PDF, Marriage Financial Amount, List, Status, Eligibility, Documents]
Marriage marks the start of a new chapter in the lives of the bride and the groom. But the family needs money to arrange the ceremony. It may not be an issue for the financial sound families. The same is not true for the poor families. The Tamil Nadu government has always tried to implement social and financial welfare schemes for the people living below the poverty line. The Thalikku Thangam Thittam Scheme offer financial assistance to the bride for meeting the marital expenses. In this article, you will get an idea about the benefits, eligibility and application process.
|Name of the scheme||Thalikku Thangam Thittam Scheme|
|Launched in||Tamil Nadu|
|Launched by||Late. Selvi J.Jayalalitha|
|Date of announcement||2010 – 2011|
|Date of implementation||2011|
|Target beneficiaries||Poor brides of the state|
|Supervised by||Department Of Social Welfare of Tamil Nadu|
Key features of the scheme
- Assistance for poor brides – The primary objective of the government was to help the poor families with money to arrange the daughter’s marriage ceremony.
- Financial support – The eligible brides were given Rs. 20,000 during the primary implementation of this project. Later, the support grant was increased to Rs. 25,000 by the state government.
- Increased financial assistance for graduate brides – If the bride has successfully completed her graduation degree, then she will be entitled to receive Rs. 50,000 as financial assistance from the state authority.
- Gold gift – Apart from the monetary assistance, the state government also offers gold for making the Thirumangalyam. It is the mark of a married woman. The 22 caret gold will be offered to the bride as a gift from the Tamil Nadu Government. The amount of gold will vary according to the qualification and financial grant that the applicant gets.
- Number of beneficiaries – The reports, published by the state government highlight that more than 4.40 lakh brides have already received the benefits of this scheme.
- One daughter from every family – It has been highlighted in the scheme details that only one daughter from every eligible family can apply and acquire the perks of this scheme.
Details of the scheme perk
|Academic Qualification of the beneficiary||Amount of Gold Gift||Financial Assistance|
|5th pass candidates (ST and SC only)||8 gram||Rs. 25,000|
|10th pass candidates||8 gram||Rs. 25,000|
|12th pass candidates||4 gram||Rs. 25,000|
|Graduate candidates||4 gram||Rs. 50,000|
Eligibility for applicants
- Only for residents of Tamil Nadu – The scheme has been implemented for those applicants who are legal and permanent residents of the state.
- Age requirement – It is mandatory for the applicant to complete the age of 18 years to apply for attaining the project perks.
- Academic requirements – It is mandatory for the applicant to pass the 10th class final examination to get the scheme perks. If the bride hails from a tribal community, then she must have completed academic education till 5th
- BPL families only – The scheme allows the participation of the brides who belong to the BPL category.
- Financial income criterion – It has been highlighted in the scheme guidelines that the annual income of the parents of the bride must not exceed the Rs. 12,000 mark.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – If the applicants cannot produce legal residential documents, issued by the Tamil Nadu government, then they will not be able to attain the scheme perks.
- ID proof – All the applicants need to submit their Aadhar Cards and ration cards with the enrollment form for background checks.
- Age proof – It is imperative that the interested candidate produces a legal document that highlights the age during the time of marriage.
- Academic certificates – The brides need to submit the academic certificates and copies of their mark sheets to highlight that they fulfill the necessary eligibility.
- BPL certificate – All candidates must offer a copy of their BPL certificate to support their claims.
- Family income certificates – The applicant needs to attach a copy of her family’s annual income certificate with the registration form.
- Marriage certificate – It has been mentioned in the scheme guidelines that the submission of the legal marriage certificate is a must for the interested candidates.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
- Marriage registration – If any applicant wants to acquire the benefits of this scheme, then she must register the marriage official. She will be able to apply once she gets the marriage certificate.
- Online application form – The applicant needs to click on the official Tamil Nadu government’s portal. Here, the applicant can type in the details and enroll for the welfare scheme.
- Offline application form – The scheme registration form is also available at the Collector’s office. The form will be distributed free of cost.
- Form fill-up – Once the candidate has the application form, she must fill it up with the necessary details.
- Attaching documents – The necessary legal documents, which have been mentioned above, must be attached with the enrollment form.
- Submission – The applicant must submit the form at the office of the District Collector.
- Scrutiny and beneficiary selection – It is the responsibility of the government officials to scrutinize these applications and prepare the beneficiary list.
The implementation of this welfare scheme for the poor and the needy families offers satisfactory outcome. The beneficiary brides got gold and financial grant that paved the path for the smooth arrangements for the marriage ceremony.
- Aasara Pension Scheme Telangana 2019 List
- Lok Tantra Prahari Samman Rashi Yojana
- Krishonnati Yojana 2019
- Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana 2019