Pongal Gift 2020 Scheme Tamil Nadu Government [Ration Card Holder, List, How to Apply, Form, Last Date, Eligibility, Documents]
The residents of Tamil Nadu celebrate Pongal with lots of pomp and grandeur. It is marks the beginning of the harvest season in this area. The inhabitants conduct several pujas in their homes to attract the blessings of the gods. The religious rituals ensure that the households will have wealth and prosperity. The festival is celebrated in every part of the state. The Tamil Nadu government launched the Pongal Gift Scheme to enhance the charm of the joyous occasion. Recently, the state government announced the Pongal Gift 2020 for the residents. In this article, you can learn about the important features of this scheme.
|Name of the scheme||Pongal Gift 2020 Scheme|
|Launched in||Tamil Nadu|
|Launched by||Edappadi K.Palanisamy|
|Original launch date||2013|
|Implementation details||January 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||Ration card holders in the state|
|Supervised by||Tamil Nadu Government|
Key features of the scheme
- Celebrating Pongal – The primary objective of the state government was to ensure that all residents can take part in the harvest festival. The poor families may not have the money to purchase the ingredients, necessary for making sweets. The hamper and the cash amount will bring a smile on their faces.
- Date of celebration – This year, the state of Tamil Nadu will be celebrating Pongal from 15th of January 2020 till the 18th of January 2020.
- Gifts for the residents – The gift hamper that will be offered to the beneficiaries will contain several items. Each gift basket will contain 1 kg raw rice. Apart from this, the pack will also contain cardamom, raisins, sugar and cashew nuts.
- Financial assistance – Apart from the usual gift hamper, the state government will also offer a support grant of Rs. 1000 to every beneficiary. A grant of Rs. 100 was given along with the hampers during 2013, 2014 and 2016. This year, the support sum has been increase by the state government.
- Total beneficiaries – It has been estimated by the state ministers that the implementation of this scheme will offer the perks to as many as 2.01 crore households.
- Allocated budget for the scheme – It will cost the Tamil Nadu government around Rs. 300 crore to implement the gift hamper project. As the Chief Minister has decided that a financial support amount will also be offerd, it increases the scheme budget to Rs. 2010 crore.
Eligibility for the applicants
- Must be a resident of the state – The scheme will be open for only those people who are permanent and legal residents of Tamil Nadu.
- Must possess a valid ration card – If any applicant wants to get the berks of this project, then he/she needs to possess a valid ration card.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential document – It is mandatory for the interested applicants to possess an official residential document that highlights that the person is a legal resident of Tamil Nadu.
- Aadhar card – Every applicant must possess his/her Aadhar card to acquire the benefits of this scheme.
- Ration card – If an applicant desires the hamper and the grant, then he/she needs to produce his/her ration card that has been issued by the Tamil Nadu government.
How to apply for the scheme benefits?
The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu has announced that the authority will offer the hamper and cash to the residents during Pongal celebration. He has not mentioned the application process. However, he did say that the state authority will launch the scheme as soon as possible to ensure that the beneficiaries get the hampers and cash on time. We will update our website with new scheme-related details. If you want to know more about this project and the application process, then stay tuned to our site.
Other important announcements
During the announcement of Pongal Gift 2020 Scheme, the Governor of the state was also present. Banwarilal Purohit, the present Governor of the state highlighted that the state incurred massive financial losses and destruction after cyclone Gaza. He thanked the celtral government for the timely release of the relief fund. The Governor states that the state government will utilize the money for reconstruction of the damaged buildings. He also announced that proper steps will be taken to ensure that the affected people get their livelihoods back. He shed light on the current updates of the Cauvery River issue and stressed on attaining a solution with mutual understanding.
Affluent people have the resources to celebrate the festival properly. But the same was not true for the needy communities. The implementation of this scheme will ensure that people from all financial backgrounds get the chance to celebrate Pongal. The Chief Minister believes that each resident has the right to welcome the harvest season. The scheme is a token of appreciation from the state government.