SATYABHAMA Portal for R and D in mining and mineral sector
The government has come up with initiative for betterment of mineral and R and D mining. It has invited online submission of the same that shall also help in it better monitoring. With the launch of the new portal, the government is trying to improve the condition of mineral and the mining industry. Read on to know more the necessary steps taken to implement the relevant scheme at the earliest.
Launch details of the portal
|Name of the portal||Science and Technology Yojana for Aatmanirbhar Bharat in Mining Advancement Portal|
|Target group of the portal launch||Scientists and researchers in mineral and mining sector|
|Main objective for launching the portal||Promote research and development in the mining sector|
|Portal has been launched by||Ministry of Mines|
|Date of portal launch||June, 2020|
|Portal launch initiated by||ShriSushil Kumar, Secretary along with other ministry officials|
Highlighting features of portal
- Main target group of the portal –The main target group is the researchers who are linked with the mining sector.
- Objective of portal launch – The main focus is to uplift the digital technologies help in better promotion of research and development work in mining and mineral industry. Through the help of the portal launch, the researchers can submit online report and take benefit of the electronic format offered via the portal.
- Assistance from government department – The portal is designed and implemented by the help of the National Informatics Center under the mining informatics division.
Therefore, successful launch of the portal shall help to boost the efficiency in implementing different schemes related to mineral and mining sector.
The government has funded for the development of the research projects in some of the prominent institutes and the list goes as below.
- Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Bhubaneswar IIT
- IIT-Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Madras
- CSIR – Institute of Minerals & Materials Technology, Bhubaneswar
- CSIR- National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology
- ICAR- Central Arid Zone Research Institute
- CSIR- National Geophysical Research Institute
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- Jawaharlal Nehru Aluminum Research Development and Design Centre, Nagpur
- National Institute of Rock Mechanics, Bengaluru
- Nonferrous Materials Technology Development Centre
Benefits offered by the portal
- Allows online submission of projects by researchers involved in the mineral and mining industry
- Helps in better monitoring of the reports and submit the same
- Deploying latest digital technology for promoting mining sector in the country
- Through the portal, it can help the researchers to opt for innovative research method and develop their work better
However, a user manual is available following which it becomes easy to submit the online projects. The portal is associated with the NGO Darpan Portal under the NITI Aayog.
FAQ on SATYABHAMA portal launch
- Who has helped in development and implementation of the portal?
The National Informatics Centre, Mines Informatics Division has helped in the correct implemented and launch of portal.
- Which scheme is the portal launch related to?
The portal launch is related to Science and Technology Yojana for Aatmanirbhar Bharat in Mining Advancement.
- What is the main objective of coal ministry through portal launch?
The main idea behind portal launch is to improve research and development in overall mining and minerals industry.
- How the portal can help the researchers?
It can help the researchers in easy submission of the projects relating to the mining industry on the portal.
Other links –