Dr. Panjabrao (Punjabrao) Deshmukh Hostel Maintenance allowance scholarship Scheme Maharashtra Application Form Process, Eligibility, Last date
It is quite difficult for farmers to make use of the benefits that are available for their agricultural properties to make prosper for their families particularly to offer essential financial support to their children until unless they are getting good yield that year. If the yield fails, then the lives of farmers will be in a number of troubles.
For protecting the future of farmers and their children education, Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Scheme has been extended to provide accommodation and hostel fee for the children of poor farmers in Maharashtra. The initially scheme of Punjabrao Deshmukh was focused only on the children from agricultural based poor family, but later it included children who are all from financially weaker family in the state.
|Name of the scheme||Dr Panjabrao Deshmukh Hostel Maintenance allowance Scheme|
|Launched by||Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister|
|Supervised by||Maharashtra Education Department|
|Target beneficiaries||Financially backward students, pursuing higher education|
|Motive behind the Scheme||To provide support financially weaker students by paying their hostel fee|
.The main aim of Punjabrao Deshmukh Scheme
- Increase awareness of higher education among students from rural and agricultural background, especially those who are financially weaker state.
- To provide helping hand for those students struggling hard to meet their daily necessities in higher education
- To increase the count of weak students from agricultural background to pursue higher education and achieve great heights in their life
- Grant for metro cities – If the applicant has received hostel accommodation in a metro city, then he/she will receive Rs. 3000.
- Grant for other cities – If the applicant has received hostel accommodation in a non-metro city, then he/she will receive Rs. 2000.
- Tenure of grant – Applicants will receive this hostel grant for ten months, during the academic year.
Eligibility criteria and documents necessary for application
- Residential criterion – All applicants must be legal residents of Maharashtra. Thus, applicants must produce their residential certificates.
- Professional status of the parents – The parents of applying candidates must be registered labors. If the parents have very small farm land holdings, then students from such families can apply as well. In each case, applicants must submit labor registration and land registration certificates.
- Family income related criterion –The overall earnings of both parents, for an entire year, must be within 2.5 lakhs and 8 lakhs. To support this claim, applicants must submit income certificates.
- Technical programs only – A student who has taken admission in a technical or professional program, will be able to get hostel grant. The institute or college admission papers must be submitted with the application form.
- Not for private institutes – This financial assistance will be given to only those candidates who have taken admission in colleges, monitored by the Maharashtra government.
- CAP admission – The scheme points out that only those students, who have earned their place in the technical colleges, by opting for Centralized Admission Process or CAP, will be eligible to attain this grant.
- Cannot apply for other schemes – If any applicant is getting this grant, then he/she will not be able to register for any other scholarship scheme.
- Two students from each family – It has been highlighted that two students from every household will be able to enroll under this hostel grant scheme.
- Attendance related criterion – Applicants must ensure that they have at least 50% attendance for the last semester, in their respective colleges.
Other documents necessary for application
- Caste certificate – Applicants need to attach their caste certificates’ photocopies with the registration form.
- School leaving certificate and mark sheets – All candidates need to submit their school leaving certificates for background checks and record keeping. Scrutiny officers will also require copies of the final mark sheet of 10th and 12th
- Hostel admission documents – As only those students, who are staying in hostels will get the grant, applicants must furnish hostel admission papers as well.
- Hostel grant affidavit – Another document, that all applicants must fill and submit, is the hostel grant affidavit paper.
How to get application form and apply for the benefits?
- A candidate has to click on the link mahadbtmahait.gov.in to register and get access to the online application form.
- Once the homepage opens, the student must register, if he/she has not listed official in the Mahadbtmahait website.
- For the initial registration, the candidate must click on the link marked as “New Application Registration.” Another way to reach the registration page directly is by clicking on the link https://mahadbtmahait.gov.in/NewRegistration/AadhaarBased.
- As this page opens, applicants need to answer the question “Do You Have Aadhaar Number?” Two answer options are also present below the question.
- As soon as the applicant clicks on “Yes” option, a filed will appear where one has to type in their Aadhar number.
- To authenticate the entry, candidate needs check it via OTP or biometric identification.
- Once this registration is complete, it is time to start with the actual application process. For this, the registered candidate needs to click on “Applicant Login.”
- This will open another page. To get to this page directly, the applicant may click on the link https://mahadbtmahait.gov.in/Login/Login.
- Under the “Login” section, the student needs to type in his/her user name and password. This is followed by typing in the capchat code. It completes the confirmation process. Then the applicant needs to click on the green button marked as “Login Here.”
- After logging in officially, the applicant needs to click on the link “Scheme Information.”
- Then he/she has to click on the “Department” link.
- This has to be followed by clicking on the link marked as “Higher & Technical Education.”
- This will trigger the site to open a number of scholarship schemes. The third link will offer the candidate access to Panjabrao Deshmukh Hostel Scheme. The candidate has to click on the green button marked “View,” placed alongside the scheme’s name.
- When another page opens, candidates must click on the “Apply” button to continue with the registration process.
- Under the “Application Details” section, all candidates need to fill in their personal information.
- After this, they have to provide details of their family income, and upload a proper income certificate accordingly.
- This must be followed by typing in the eligibility and caste details. It is also necessary to upload the digitized copy of the caster certificate.
- The next part asks the applicants to type in the permanent home address of their parents. Once this is one, candidates can move on to the next part of the application form by clicking on “Save & Next.”
- The next section deals with course or education program related details. Here, applicants need to highlight the courses they have applied for. Under the “Education Information” sub-section, candidates must type in the registration credentials.
- Applicant must then click on the “Submit” button to save the online application. They must also get a print out of this enrollment for, along with photocopies and original documents, for college verifications.
With financial assistance from the state, both students and their parents will no longer have to worry about arranging money for hostel accommodations. Schemes like this ensure that meritorious students can get a step closer to attaining their higher educational dreams.