Apply Online Captain Smart Connect Scheme @captainsmartconnect.com | Punjab Free Smartphone Yojana
After Uttar Pradesh state government now it is time for the Punjab government to make the state digital. In a recent announcement the state government has declared that in the 2017 the government will distribute 50 Lakh Smartphone to the youth of the state to enhance their knowledge and skill towards the Digital India. This scheme will be named Captail Smart Connect Scheme. Under this scheme the government will provide 3G supported, Android Smartphone to the youth. Eligible candidates can register online for the phone by following few steps and they will get their handsets as soon as government declares.
- Candidate must be aged between 18 to 35 years as on 01.01.2017 and also that person needs to be the resident of the state of Punjab. Anyone who does not have voting right within the state cannot be eligible for the scheme.
- The family income of the candidate must not exceed 6 Lakhs per annum. The candidate must be cleared 10th standard before applying for the scheme.
To get the Smartphone one has to apply through their official website. There is a simple online form that needs to be filled by the candidate and submit it online. The steps are simple:
- At first visit the official scheme website http://captainsmartconnect.com/ . There you will find an application form.
- Fill up the form with the basic details such as name, father’s / mother’s name, date of birth, gender, phone number, e-mail ID and finally the district name the candidate lives in.
- Click on the button ‘register now’ to submit the form. Candidates will receive a One Time Password (OTP) once he / she submit the form.
- The candidate will be redirected to the next screen where he / she have to verify the mobile number. Enter the OTP to the proper place and wait for process.
- Once the process is over and your form is submitted successfully you will get a confirmation text on your phone number and e-mail ID.
- The receipt copy will be sent to you email ID. You can take out a print out of the receipt to collect the phones from the authority.
Online registration started on 20th November 2016 and will be available on the website till 30th November 2016.
Delivery of the Phone
The phones will be provided in the year 2017 after election. The first lot of phones will be disbursed after the span of 100 days of the Captain’s government. Once the lot will be disbursed the candidates will get the news on local government newspaper and also on their registered mobile number and e-mail ID that is provided at the time of registration. The time and venue of collecting the phone will be notified to the candidates via newspaper article, SMS and e-mail ID. The candidates have to present their ID proof and the receipt copy of the registration confirmation at the time of phone collection.
Benefit of the Scheme
- The scheme is for the youth of the state. According to the government, the scheme is a step towards the digital India program.
- Through the Smartphone youth of the state can be well equipped with the skills and knowledge and can be connected to the world.
- It will be 3G supported phone that will be able to provide faster internet through which the candidates can be up to dated about job information, world news, global activities and much more.
- With the scheme the Punjab government will enhance the knowledge and skill of the youth who are wishing to continue with higher studies.
|Operating System||Android v6|
|Display||5 inches screen|
|Resolution||720 x 1280 pixels|
|Memory||16 GB internal up to 64 GB|
|Connectivity||2G, 3G, 4G, dual sim (nano, micro)|
|Camera||16MP primary with 5MP secondary|