PM Jan Arogya Ayushman Bharat – Arogya Karnataka Health Insurance Scheme 2018-19 [Eligibility Criteria, Application Form And Process]
Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a scheme that has been designed and implemented by the central government. It is one of the most elaborate schemes ever to the implemented by the Modi government. But the central government will require the assistance from state authorities for the successful implementation of this scheme. Many state governments are launching the central sponsored scheme with new names. For instance, Karnataka government has already announced that it will run Ayushman Bharat Yojana in the state by integrating it with Arogya Karnataka Health Insurance project.
|Name of the scheme||Ayushman Bharat – Arogya Karnataka Health Insurance Scheme|
|Launched by||H.D. Kumaraswamy|
|Date of announcement||September 2018|
|Implementing agency||Suvarna Arogya Suraksha Trust|
|Target beneficiaries||Poor residents of the state|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of medical sector – The integration of the Arogya Karnataka Health Insurance Scheme with the Ayushman Bharat Yojana has been done to offer better medial facilities to state residents. This confluence will make the overall medical infrastructure more proficient.
- Affordable treatment for poor – The scheme has mainly been implanted to offer better treatment to the poor. All families, which fall under the BPL category, will be able to attain the benefits.
- Cashless and paperless insurance – The whole idea of the integrating of these two schemes is to offer paperless and cashless treatment to the needy.
- Total medical insurance coverage – Before the integration of the two projects, Arogya Karnataka Health Insurance Scheme offered only 2 lakh cashless treatment. Now poor will receive cashless treatment up to Rs. 5 lakhs.
- Total number of beneficiaries – In Karnataka, the estimated number of beneficiaries will be as many as 1.34 crore. This number consists of both APL and BPL families. 1.15 crore is the number of BPL households, while 19 lakh APL applications have been registered.
- Division of budget – Ayushman Bharat – Arogya Karnataka Health Scheme will be funded by the central and the state government together. 62 lakh families, enrolled under the RSBY scheme will get 60% funding from central and 40% funding from state government. The rest of the 72 lakh households will be funded solely by the Karnataka government.
- Total number of diseases covered – Around 1516 diseases and treatments were available free of cost under the Arogya Karnataka scheme. The Ayushman Bharat offers scheme offers cover for 1,349 other sicknesses. After the integration of these two projects, beneficiaries in Karnataka will receive 1,628 treatment packages.
- Empaneled hospitals only – All patients, willing to attain cashless treatment will have to get admission in empaneled hospitals only. They can opt for private as well as government monitored hospitals.
- For APL families – In case the family falls under the APL category, they will be able to attain cashless treatment up to 30%. This comes to as much as 1.5 lakhs each year. If any member of the APL family has severe illness, then the state will offer additional Rs. 50,000 for meeting the expenses of treatment. This feature of the Arogya Karnataka Health Insurance Scheme will remain unchanged even after the integration of two projects.
- Secondary and tertiary care – Only those people will be able to attain the cashless treatments, which require hospitalization. Most of the diseases and treatments, mentioned in the insurance coverage list fall in secondary or tertiary category.
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Necessary for Application
- Residential criterion – The special integration of these schemes has been done for the people of residents of Karnataka. Thus, all applicants have to be legal residents of this region. Submitting proper residential papers are a must.
- Financial background – This scheme will allow people belonging to both BPL and APL categories. All BPL people will have to submit their BPL certificates. The same applies for APL families.
- Aadhar card – All beneficiaries, whether they belong to the BPL or APL sections need to possess their Aadhar card photocopies.
How to get application form and apply for the scheme?
- Both BPL and APL applicants will not have to worry about the application procedure. The state government will appoint special assistance executives who will take care of the form fill-ups.
- The BPL candidates will have to ensure that their names are registered under the SECC 2011 survey list. For this, applicants have to log on to the “Am I Eligible Portal” by clicking on the link https://mera.pmjay.gov.in/search/.
- Once this is confirmed, the applicants will have to go any government hospital that is empaneled under the scheme.
- Such hospitals will maintain an Ayushman Mitra Kiosks. Each kiosk has an Ayushman Mitra. This individual will gather information from the applicant, fill in the database, and issue an Ayushman Bharat – Arogya Karnataka Scheme card.
The state government will soon start the task of implementing the scheme. Proper coordinating of the central and state governments is necessary for the successful implementation. As cash will be directly sent in the back accounts of the hospitals, there will be a healthy competition among private as well as public medical care institutes. All these features will work in unison to strengthen the medical care infrastructure of Karnataka government.