Ayushman bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) In Jammu & Kashmir 2019 [Application Form, Eligibility Criteria]
Health and wellbeing of the common people of the state is an important lookout for the state government. Though the CM chair of Jammu and Kashmir is vacant, the state authority is leaving no stone unturned to offer best schemes for the development of the people. In this light, the Governor of the state launched the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana in the state. Under this project, the common people of the state will attain free treatment in both state and private empaneled hospitals.
|Name of the scheme||Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana|
|Launched in||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Launched by||Narinder Nath Vohra|
|Date of launch||1st December 2018|
|Target beneficiaries||Poor people of the state|
|Supervised by||Jammu and Kashmir Health development Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of health care facilities – The main objective of this project is to enhance the health care facilities in the state. With the implementation of this scheme, people need not worry about the attainment of proper treatment.
- Cashless and paperless treatment – For the ease of the beneficiaries, all record-keeping tasks will be done via special software. This digitization makes this scheme paperless in nature. The government offers this cashless treatment program for interested residents in the state.
- Total amount available – Under this project, poor individuals will be able to attain free treatment up to Rs 5 lakhs.
- Number of beneficiaries – With the implementation of this scheme, the state government will be able to offer necessary assistance to 31 lakh Jammu and Kashmir residents.
- Wellness centers constructed – Apart from the empaneled hospitals, the residents will also be able to attain necessary secondary and tertiary treatment at 1.5 lakh new health and wellness centers. These will be constructed with special permission from the state government.
- Number of enlisted hospitals – Till date, 144 state-run as well as private sector treatment centers has been registered under this scheme in Jammu and Kashmir.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential criterion – The scheme will be implemented and enforced by Jammu and Kashmir state authority. Thus it is easy to deduce that all applicants must be legal residents of this state. They must possess their residential certificates.
- Financial background of the applicants – This scheme has been designed to bring relief to the poor and financial weaker sections of the society. If the applicant has a decent annual income, then he/she will not be able to apply for this scheme.
- Personal identifications – All applicants must have their Aadhar cards. Without this, they will not be able to register to attain the benefits of this scheme.
How to attain application form and apply for the scheme?
- All applicants need to fill in an application form to get the benefits of this scheme. However, the central government has highlighted that the entire process will be monitored via software. You can see official information in Ayushman Bharat portal.
- It is here that the importance of the Arogya Mitra comes to the forefront. These are specially trained individuals, who will be posted in all enlisted hospitals and health care centers.
- These individuals have the necessary information about the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana software.
- Once the interested candidates reach the Arogya Mitra help desk and show their Aadhar cards, the Arogya Mitras will check the information and fill in the digitized form on the applicant’s behalf.
- After this, the Arogya Mitra will issue a pass that will contain the details of the person.
- If he/she needs medical treatment, then the applicant must show this card to the enlisted hospital.
Many people in the state live below the poverty line. Expensive treatment is out of their reach. With this scheme, they will be able to opt for better treatment facilities. As the government will take care of the treatment bill, commoners need not worry about going overboard their budget.
Other links –