Mukhyamantri CM Scholarship Scheme Punjab
This scheme will provide technical education to the poor and meritorious students. With the help of this scheme, the poor students can get technical education which can help those secure jobs in various fields. The students will get a waiver on their fee according to the rules of this scheme. It will help them cope with the financial requirements of technical education.
Launch Date For Mukhyamantri Scholarship scheme
On 6th June 2017, the government of Punjab launched a new scheme called the Mukhyamantri Scholarship scheme. The official inauguration of the scheme was done by the Finance Minister of Punjab, Mr. Manpreet Singh Badal himself. Punjab Technical Education Minister Charanjit Singh Channi was also present at the event. After the Chief Minister approved this scheme, these two ministers inaugurated and launched the scheme at an official event in Punjab.
Eligibility Criteria For Mukhyamantri Scholarship scheme
- You have to belong to either Economically Weaker Section of the society, SC/ST clan or your family must be one of the BPL families to get the benefits of this scheme.
- You have to take admission in Polytechnic and Engineering colleges in order to receive this benefit. This scheme is only for those students who will study in the technical stream.
- You can also study in Maharaja Ranjit Singh University (Bathinda) and IKGPTU (Jalandhar) to get the benefits of this scheme. However, it is not mandatory to study in these universities.
- You have to be resident of Punjab to get the benefits of this scheme. Other states’ candidates cannot apply. Also, you must have at least passed 10th boards – depending upon your scores in 10th boards, your scholarship will be decided.
Scholarship Criteria For Mukhyamantri Scholarship scheme
The scholarship criteria are very important to meet. As per the rules of this scheme, the criteria for scholarship have been divided into the following (mentioned below). This pattern reflects the amount of scholarship the student will depend upon the percentage you have scored in your examination.
|Listed Category||10th Grade / ITI Percentage||Percentage of given scholarship||Applicable tuition fee under scholarship|
|1st Semester for Diploma program||Percentage to be above 60 but below 70||70 percent||Yearly fee of Rs 6600|
|1st Semester for Diploma program||Percentage to be above 70 but below 80||80 percent||Yearly fee of Rs 4400|
|1st Semester for Diploma program||Percentage to above 80 but below 90||90 percent||Yearly fee of Rs 2200|
|1st Semester Diploma program||Applicable for 90 percent and above||100||Tuition fee exempted|
There are many students in the state who are unable to continue their education due to several reasons. If the students belong to the underprivileged section of the society, then they shall get this benefit. Also, the scores and the marks need to be present in order to get these benefits.
- Any candidate who is interested in enrolling for the scholarship program can always log on to the official web portal. On the main page of the web portal the department has uploaded the complete notification that can be downloaded.
- Once you have gone through the notification you can applying for the same under the scholarship program from the official website using the online application form.
- You will have to provide with complete details related to your valid set of information. Once the information has been entered you just have to submit the form online on the website.
With this scheme, many underprivileged students can find job opportunities. Another interesting thing to note is that the government is giving a push to technical studies in the state. With engineering and polytechnic courses, the students who hail from underprivileged sections can find better job opportunities. Hence the government is inclined towards giving them scholarship. Indeed, it will help many people across the state.
- Yogi Mukhbir Yojana Uttar Pradesh
- KCR Kit Scheme For Pregnant Women In Telangana
- PM Yojana List 2019
- Punjab Debt Waiver Scheme Loans OBC SC ST