Mukhyamantri Krishi Sa-Sajuli Yojana in Assam (CM Farm Tool Scheme) 2020 [Eligiblity, Application Form Online Download, Farmer Beneficiary List, Amount]
Assam is primarily an agricultural state. Reports suggest that the farmers in this region cultivate food crops as well as cash crops. Around 70% of the population depends directly or indirectly on the farming for earning their livelihood. However, most of these agricultural labors use primitive or traditional tools. It limits the scope of agricultural development. The government of Assam has launched various projects, which will boost the agricultural activities in this area. The Assam Chief Minister launched the Mukhyamantri Krishi Sa-Sajuli Yojana in this regards. If you want to gather more information about its implementation, key features, eligibility, and application processes, then read this article.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Mukhyamantri Krishi Sa-Sajuli Yojana|
|Launched by||Sarbananda Sonowal|
|Launch in||Feb 2020|
|Date of implementation||2020|
|Target beneficiaries||Needy farmers of Assam|
|Application method||Offline registration|
|Supervised by||Department Of Agriculture & Horticulture in Assam|
Key features of the scheme
- Financial assistance – The Chief Minister of Assam has announced that every beneficiary of the scheme will be entitled to receive Rs. 5000 from the state government.
- Payment mode – The Chief Minister has stated that the authority will take the necessary measures to ensure transparency in the scheme implementation. Thus, the beneficiaries will acquire the farming assistance grant via Direct benefit Transfer.
- Payment frequency – The Assam government will deposit the grant amount in the bank account of the beneficiary every year.
- Utilization of the grant amount – The scheme beneficiaries will be able to spend the grant money to purchase modern farming tools, which will positively impact the agricultural practices.
- Number of beneficiaries – As per the reports, published by the Assam government, around 5 lakh agricultural workers will acquire the assistance amount, as promised under this scheme.
- Scheme implementation – The Chief Minister also mentioned that it will be th4e responsibility of the Chairman of the State Level Monitoring Committee to keep a tab on the scheme implementation and operations.
Eligibility for applicants
- Resident of Assam – As the project has been developed and sponsored by the Assam government; only the legal and permanent inhabitants of this area will be allowed to register for this project.
- Must be a farmer – If any applicant desires to attain the financial benefit, then farming must be his primary source of income.
- Farmer category – The Chief Minister highlighted that the scheme will only offer the financial benefit to the agricultural workers, who come under the marginal or small category.
- Age requirement – If the age of the farmer is less than 21 years, then the state authority will reject the registration request.
- Association with the sector – It is mandatory for the applicant to be associated for a span of three successive years with the agricultural practices.
- One farmer for every household – It has been mentioned in the project guidelines that one farmer from every household can apply for the benefits of this scheme.
- Must have the KCC card – If the interested applicant does not possess the KCC Card, then he will not be offered the grant money.
- Tenant farmers will attain the perks – The scheme draft highlights that the share crop cultivators and tenant farmers will be able to apply for this project. However, the land on which they grow the crops should not exceed the 3 bigha mark.
- Must have a bank account – As the state government will offer the grant amount via DBT, it is pertinent that every applicant has a bank account.
- Reservation for backward caster – If farmers, belonging to the ST, SC and OBC categories will get reservation facilities.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof
- Identification proof
- Farmer certificate
- KCC card
- Age documents
- Tenant agreement documents
- Land measurement documents
- Bank account details
- Caste certificate of the applicants
How to get the registration form and enroll?
- Offline application – The state government has decided that interested applicants will be able to opt for the offline application process.
- Announcement of the registration process – The state government will publish the official dates for the commencement and end of the registration process, on all medial platforms.
- Download the application form – The interested applicants will be able to download the registration form from the site. Click here for downloading. The enrollment document is available in Assamese as well as English.
- Registration form fill-up – After the form has been downloaded, the applicant must get a printout. Then the farmer must fill the form with correct details.
- Document attachments – All necessary documents, mentioned above, must be attached to aid the verification process.
- Submission – The registration form must be submitted at the office of the ADO. After preliminary scrutiny, the registration form will be sent to the officials of the State Level Monitoring Committee.
- Selection of the beneficiaries – The final tasks of verifying and selecting the beneficiaries will be completed by the committee members.
- Publishing the beneficiary list – Once the final beneficiary lists have drafted, these will be sent to the respective Gram Panchayat Offices.
The development of the agricultural sector can increase the income of the state government. It will ensure overall increase in the GDP of Assam. The scheme also offers adequate financial security to the needy agricultural workers. The Chief Minister has assured that all necessary steps will be taken to make the scheme successful.
Other links –