Mukhyamantri Amrutam Vatsalya Yojana in Gujarat 2020 Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Documents, Final List, Status Hospital
The Gujarat government has always been interested in securing the best health care facilities for the common people. After the success of Mukhyamantri Amrutam Scheme for the needy groups, the then CM announced and implemented the Mukhyamantri Amrutam Vatsalya Yojana. This cashless treatment scheme was for the lower middle income groups. If you want to know more about this project, then read this article.
|Name of the scheme||Mukhyamantri Amrutam Vatsalya Yojana or MA Vatsalya Yojana|
|Main scheme name||Mukhyamantri Amrutam Yojana|
|Launched by||Anandiben Patel|
|Date of announcement||2013 – 2014|
|Target beneficiaries||Lower middle income groups|
|Application method||Offline enrollment|
|Supervised by||Gujarat Health and Family Welfare Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Cashless treatment – The beneficiaries of this medical welfare scheme will attain free treatment in the hospitals.
- Insurance amount – The official draft highlights that the sum assured is Rs. 2 lakhs, but it can go up to Rs. 3 lakhs under special circumstances.
- State will pay premium – The beneficiary need not worry about keeping the insurance active, as the premium sum will be paid by the state government every year.
- Private and government hospitals – In addition to the government treatment centers, a select few private nursing homes will be able to treat the beneficiaries of MA Vatsalya Yojana.
- Insured family members – MA Vatsalya Card for one household will offer free treatment to five to six members of the same family.
- Additional grant – Beneficiaries, traveling from remote areas will get Rs. 300 to pay for transportation.
Eligibility for applicants
- Resident of Gujarat – The government will consider the applications of those who are legal and permanent inhabitants of this state.
- Must be financially weak – The Mukhyamantri Amrutam Vatsalya Yojana has been separately implemented for the middle and the lower middle income groups.
- Age requirement – If the applicant is a senior citizen, then his/her age must not be less than 60 years.
- Income limit – The annual income of the family cannot exceed Rs. 3 lakh mark.
- ASHA workers can apply – All ASHA workers, registered with the health department will be entitled to attain the benefits.
- Reporters can apply – Only registered reporters of the state can register and obtain the scheme perks.
- Specific government employees can apply – The scheme is open for the government employees, which belong to class 3 and 4.
- U-win card holders can register – If an applicant has a U-win card, then he/she can become a beneficiary of this scheme.
Documents necessary for registration
- Residential proof – In the absence of a legitimate residential proof, the applicant cannot obtain the perks of this scheme.
- ID proof – It is necessary for the candidate to submit a photocopy of his/her Aadhar Card.
- Age proof – If the applicant wants to apply for the benefits, offered for senior citizens, then he/she must attach an age proof.
- Income certificate – An official document, stating the annual income of the family must be produced.
- Certificate of financial background – The applicant must attach a copy of the middle income group certificate. If the applicant has a LIG or EWS certificate, that can be produced as well.
- U-win card – Attaching a photocopy of the U-win card is a must for the particular card holders.
- Reporter and ASHA registration cards – ASHA workers must submit a copy of their registration certificate. Reporters must furnish a copy of their press card, issued by State Press Council.
- Government employee proof – All the government employees, who are eligible to get the perks, must submit the job designation documents. It must have the seal of the government department, where the person works.
How to get registration for and apply for the scheme?
- Manual application mode – Many find the online application process challenging. So, the Gujarat authority opted for offline registration for the convenience of the people.
- Colleting the application form – An interested applicant can collect the form from the Block Development Office, Municipality Office or DM’s Office.
- Form fill-up and submission – The candidate must fill in the form with the details, attach the necessary document, and submit it at the office from where he/she collected it.
- Application at kiosks – If the individual does not have access to the above-mentioned offices, he/she must go to the Mobile Kiosks, Civic Centre Kiosks and Taluka Kiosks. Here the agents can assist them with online form fill-up. They can also generate the MA Vatsalya Yojana Card at once.
- Application at the hospital – The state government has given the enlisted hospitals the permission to fill in and submit the application form of the eligible candidates.
- Card issuance – Once the application form has been submitted successfully, the site will generate a scheme beneficiary card.
Process to claim the benefits
The hospital will admit the patient after doing the necessary verifications. For this, they will need the MA Vatsalya Yojana Card. The card contains a code. Scanning the card will highlight the details of the beneficiaries. Once the patient has been admitted, the hospital authority will maintain a medical file. When the patient is discharged, the authority will send the medical file, containing the treatment and expenditure details to the respective government department. The money will be transferred in the bank account of the hospital, on behalf of the patient.
Diseases incorporated in the scheme
The Minister of the Gujarat Health Department had mentioned that patients will be able to get free treatment for more than 700 diseases. The Gujarat Health and Welfare department will not pay for cosmetic or aesthetic treatment. Here are some of the treatments, which have been included in the list
|1. Renal diseases|
|2. Heart disease|
|3. Kidney transplant|
|4. Liver transplant|
|5. Serious trauma|
|6. Infantile diseases|
|8. Neurological ailments|
|9. Knee transplant|
|10. Hip joint treatment and transplant|
|11. Ocular surgeries|
|12. Treatment for cancer patients|
Like the Mukhyamantri Amrutam, the implementation of the Mukhyamantri Amrutam Vatsalya Yojana was successful in offering positive results. The scheme has improved the medical infrastructure of the state. Earlier private hospitals did not entertain poor people. Now that the state government is paying for the medical expenses, the private nursing homes are no longer refusing these patients.
- Punjab iScuela Learn Mobile App Download
- Integrated Govt. Online Training E-Platform
- Vijayamritham scheme Kerala
- Interest Free Loan Scheme for Women in Kerala