Matir Sristi (Maatir Srishti) Prokolpa Scheme in West Bengal 2020 (Eligibility, Beneficiary list, Benefits, Apply online form)
The industrial sector has been severely impacted due to the outbreak of the pandemic COVID-19. Due to the extended nationwide lockdown, the rural and urban areas are suffering as the production units fail to perform. This results in a stagnant financial position in different states. As people are unable to earn money, it is becoming challenging for them to meet requirements.
However, West Bengal government under the supervision of the state chief minister Mamata Banerjee has come up with many schemes related to food and finance. In this relation, the CM has declared the Maatir Srishti scheme. To know more about the project, the following part of the article shall help you know better.
|Name of the scheme||Maatir Srishti Scheme|
|Scheme has been launched in||West Bengal|
|Date of scheme launch||Mamata Banerjee|
|Date of implementation of the scheme||Soon|
|Scheme has been supervised by||Human Resource Department, Government of West Bengal|
|Date of announcement of scheme||13th May, 2020|
|Target group under the scheme||Rural people and economy|
What are the key features of the scheme?
- Betterment of condition of rural people – The outbreak due to the pandemic has adversely impacted the lives of the poor in rural areas. With the successful implementation of the above said scheme, it shall help to iMovie the condition of the rural citizens and the farmers to a great extent.
- Improving rural economy – One of the main motives of the scheme launch is to improve the condition of the rural economy.
- Positive impact on the urban economy – With improving the financial condition of the rural people, it shall have a positive impact on the overall urban economy, and this shall help to bring a normal balance in the demand and supply curve.
- Creating employment opportunities in villages – Most of the village people have lost their jobs due to the outbreak of the pandemic. With the successful implementation of the above-said scheme, it shall help rural people creating employment opportunities.
- Optimum use of the land resources – Maximizing the use of land for a different purpose helps to get suitable results. As per scheme details, west Bengal government will procure a total of 50, 000 acres of land. The plots chosen are not used for the agricultural purpose as these are low fertile lands. However, it will be used for different profitable activities.
- Different types of activities – As per CM’s decision, the lands will be given for agricultural use to develop better fisheries and animal husbandry on the plots.
- Involving local people – State government wants local people’s assistance in some areas for the successful implementation of the scheme.
- Total number of beneficiaries – Through the scheme, it will help a total of 2.50 lakh people in West Bengal.
- Selected districts – As per the official draft of the scheme, the implementation will start in six districts and it includes West Midnapore, Bankura, Birbhum, West Burdwan Jhargram, and Purulia.
- State-wise survey – The CM of the state has requested for ‘Sentinel Survey’ in different districts. With this, it would be easy to understand the patterns of the spread of the pandemic. In this, the local administration should also help in proper detecting of the infected areas.
- Eliminating the thika-daars – To offer financial help to the workers, state government has eliminated the assistance of the thika-daars from helping in the scheme.
- Development strategy after lockdown – Through the survey, it would be easy to get information about a number of infected people. With this, the state government will come up with a suitable financial plan so that they can help the poor people after the lockdown is withdrawn.
What is the eligibility for applicants to register for the scheme?
- Financial weak sections – The village dwellers who are belonging to the EWS and the BPL groups are eligible to apply for the scheme. So, only the financially weaker sections of the society are eligible to get the scheme benefits.
- Residential details – As the scheme has been launched in West Bengal, only the permanent residents of the state are eligible to take part in the scheme.
- SHGs groups – The members belonging to the self-help groups can also avail of the scheme benefits. The groups are known to play an important part in uplifting the rural economy.
- Rural applicants – The candidates living in rural areas are eligible to apply under the scheme and enjoy the perks.
What are the documents necessary for the applicants?
- Residential documents – As per the rules of the scheme, Chief Minister has made it mandatory to produce residential details at the time of online registration.
- Identification documents – While enrolling for the scheme, the candidates have to produce copies of Aadhaar card, ration card and the like documents.
- Bank account details – The beneficiary should produce bank account details like account number, IFSC code and the like. This would help to link the bank as the beneficiary amount would be directly credited in the linked bank account.
- Skill certificate – Different sectors will be benefitted from the above said scheme and therefore, the candidate needs to produce their skill certificate. This shall help to justify whether they are eligible to get the scheme perks or not.
- Registered SHGs – The candidates from self-help groups should have proper certificates that they need to produce at the time of registration under the scheme.
How to get application form and enroll under the scheme?
As stated, the main objective of the implementation of the above said scheme is to improve the overall condition of the rural economy. The West Bengal state government has taken the initiative. With this, it would be easy to create job opportunities in the rural areas that are hard affected due to the outbreak of the pandemic. In this relation, the Gram Panchayat is responsible for collecting information related to the scheme. The village residents will be benefitted from the scheme. In addition, for the conveneive of the villagers, the state government has thought to offer offline mode of application for the beneficiaries under the scheme.
FAQs on Maatir Srishti Scheme
- Who has declared the Maatir Srishti Scheme and when?
The scheme has been declared by the present Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee and it has been decided on the 13th of May, 2020.
- Is the central government contributing to the implementation of the scheme?
Due to the conflict between the central and state government, the implementation of the scheme will be done by the state government.
- Is the scheme only addressed for the rural people?
The scheme has been launched for the overall improvement of the economic condition of rural citizens.
- Has the scheme officially launched?
The West Bengal state government is yet to launch the scheme officially. However, the Chief Minister has initiated the related works in some of the areas.
- Will the scheme be launched in every district of rural areas?
As of now, only six districts in West Bengal has been selected to implement the scheme.
- How the state government will make arrangements for the salary payments?
The scheme will offer financial to the beneficiaries through the direct benefit transfer mode.
Therefore, the successful implantation of the scheme depends on improving the financial condition of rural citizens. For this, it is important to create opportunities for agro-based activities. This would create more options for employment in rural areas for the good of rural residents. The scheme can also help in the increased supply of the products to the nearby markets.