Karunya Arogya Suraksha Paddhati Yojana Kerala 2020 [How to Apply, Registration Form, List, Eligibility Criteria, Document, Hospital ]
Kerala government has initiated the Karunya Health Scheme for giving suitable health insurance coverage for the patients. The main beneficiaries of the scheme are the underprivileged people of the society. Here, the patients will have to pay a nominal charge. The project was initially launched in 2012 by UDF government. However, the present government has started to continue with the scheme for the betterment of the underprivileged sections. Read the following part of the article to grasp better insight into further details relating to the entitled scheme.
|Name of the scheme||Karunya Arogya Suraksha Paddhati Yojana Kerala|
|Target group of the scheme||Underprivileged sections of Kerala|
|Amount allotment for scheme||Rupees 250 crores|
|Hospitals empanelled for scheme||Both government and private hospitals|
What is the eligibility offered under Karunya Arogya Suraksha Paddhati Yojana?
- Residential proof – The beneficiary should be a permanent resident of Kerala. As the scheme has been introduced in Kerala, beneficiary from other states will not be allowed to take the scheme benefits.
- Candidates belonging to BPL category – The candidates belonging to below poverty line and above the poverty line are included in this list.
- Identity proof – The beneficiaries must provide Aadhaar card details along with an income certificate that shall be required to enroll for this scheme benefits. The identity proof submitted should be checked by higher authorities before the candidates are selected under the scheme.
What are the benefits offered under Karunya Health Scheme?
The above-said scheme is similar to critical illness coverage in Kerala. When candidates are suffering from chronic illness, through the scheme benefits, they can avail easy scheme benefits. Some of the diseases for which patients will get covered are mentioned in the following part of the article.
- Kidney diseases
- Heart Diseases
- Palliative care
However, for these diseases, the government is offering financial benefits up to 2 lakhs. In case of extreme illness, the benefits will be increased to rupees 3 lakhs.
What are the key features of the scheme?
- Amount allocated for scheme – Kerala state government has allocated rupees 250 crores for the above-said scheme and aims for its successful implementation.
- Hospitals empanelled for the scheme – Initially, the health scheme benefits were available only from the government hospitals. As of now, many private hospitals are also linked to offer health facilities to the patients.
- Official portal – To get information on the scheme, candidates have to visit the official portal of the scheme. They have to visit http://www.karunya.kerala.gov.in/ link. For extensive details about the scheme, a claim procedure and network hospital, the beneficiary has to visit the official portal.
- List of empanelled hospitals – To get details of the hospitals that are linked with the scheme can be accessed via the official portal of the scheme. Just by clicking on the ‘list of hospitals’ from the official portal and choosing the correct district name, region name, one can get details of the hospitals.
- List of beneficiaries – The list of beneficiaries in particular location can also be accessed from the official portal. Here also, candidates have to click on the ‘list of beneficiaries’ from the menu. Along with this, they have to choose the district name, hospital name and applicable dates to get details of the beneficiary list.
- Application tracking – Candidates can even track the application via the official portal. For this, they have to click on the ‘application tracking’ option and provide a file number in the given space. Soon after this, the application status will be shown on the screen.
What are the documents required for applying online under the scheme?
- Residential details – The residents of Kerala should provide original residential proof to justify that they are the natives of the state. This document is required at the time of applying online for the above said scheme.
- Income certificate – The income certificate should be introduced at the time of applying for the scheme. Certain income limit will be decided by the state government. Depending on the annual income, it shall help to justify whether the candidate is suitable to get the scheme benefits or not.
- BPL card – The BPL candidates should produce BPL card at the time of online registration. This shall help them to avail the scheme benefits.
- Identity proof – Some identity details like Aadhaar card, voter ID and the like should be shown at the time of registration. This shall help to justify that the candidate is a native of Kerala.
What is the application process of the scheme?
As the above said scheme is a newly launched one by Kerala state government, the detailed application procedures are yet to be declared by the state government. As its official portal has been launched, beneficiary will be updated about the application procedure as it comes up. For the sane, the beneficiaries have to visit the official portal to get updated information about the scheme.
Therefore, the above-said scheme helps to provide coverage for the underprivileged sections when suffering from chronic health problems. The government is using lottery money for the betterment of poor people of the state. Even after rumors of discontinuation of the scheme, the state government clearly stated that it would be continued in the future for the good of the people.
- Pongal Gift 2020 Scheme Tamil Nadu
- YSR Matsyakara Bharosa Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Yuva Sahakar Yojana
- DRDO Scholarship Scheme Application Form