jiofi.local.html | JioFi Router router setup
JioFi router was introduced and launched by the telecom operator Reliance. JioFi router is a special type of router which allows an individual to avail the facilities of Jio preview offer. JioFi router is mainly a low priced router which is providing special facilities at a low cost. 31 devices can access internet at the same time using the facilities of JioFi router. This router is specially designed for heavy internet users and a user will be able to buy it from their nearest Reliance Digital Store. The speed of the router is 10–15 Mbps which is also very good.
Earlier, an individual needed a LYF phone to avail the facilities of Jio Preview offer. But now with the introduction of JioFi router, an individual can easily avail the facilities of Jio preview offer using the JioFi Router. JioFi router costs much less than LYF phones.
Jio Preview Offer
Mainly Jio Preview Offer is a special offer launched by Reliance. It allows an individual to make unlimited HD voice calls and use unlimited internet. This special offer also includes various special facilities. Earlier an individual was bound to make an expense of Rs. 4000 for availing the facilities of this offer as an individual needed to buy a LYF phone for availing the facilities of this offer. With the introduction of JioFi router which is priced at Rs. 2, 899, an individual will be able to avail the Jio preview offer at a much lower price. The other important point is jio 999 Phone, this phone is yet to be launched but will be a game changer. Also note the Jio Fiber is going to create ripples.
Key Features of JioFi Router
- JioFi router allows an individual to create their own portable Wi-Fi hotspot. The portable Wi-Fi hotspot of JioFi is able to connect 31 devices for internet access at the same time.
- JioFi also has SD card support. The router supports MicroSD card storage up to 32 GB and a user is able to put their MicroSD card in the router to use it for various purposes.
- JioFi router also allows an individual to make calls using Jio Voice. These voice calls are made through JioFi. An individual is able to make free voice calls for 3 month if they are availing Jio Preview Offer.
- JioFi router has a batter of 2300 mAH. The powerful battery of the device has a standby time of 300 hours. Also, the device is able to run for around 8 hours consecutively without recharging.
- JioFi router is very important and crucial to an individual as they are able to use it when going on a trip or going out. This device can run for 8 hours without recharging and thus it is the main and most special feature of the device.
How to Setup JioFi Router
If an individual wills to opt for Jio Preview Offer, they will need to buy the JioFi router which is priced at Rs. 2, 899. Then an individual will need to set up the router first before using it for any means. Below are the procedures of setting up JioFi router.
- First an individual will have to buy the JioFi router which will cost them Rs. 2, 899. After than an individual will be given a Jio SIM card along with their router.
- An individual will be obliged to insert their Jio SIM card first into the router. For that an individual will need to remove the back cover and insert the SIM in the SIM tray.
- Then an individual will be obliged to note down the SSID and PWD (Password) of their JioFi router. An individual will have to note it down carefully because it will be required later when they will connect a device.
- Then an individual will have to put the battery in the certain place and then they will have to close the back cover of the JioFi device.
- If an individual aims to insert a MicroSD card in their JioFi router, they will have to insert it by removing the back cover and inserting the SD card in the certain place.
- After that an individual will have to ensure the Jodi router is charged properly. If the router isn’t charged, an individual will need to charge it over 50 percent. An individual will be supplied the required charger and adapter for charging the router while buying JioFi.
- After charging the device properly, an individual will need to press the button on top of the router for 3-4 seconds and then an individual will see that 4 icons on the top of the router will light up. These 4 icons indicate Signal, Connection, Wi-Fi and WPS. And thus the JioFi router will be set up and an individual will be able to use the JioFi router.
An individual will need to ensure their Jio SIM card is activated before setting up the JioFi router. Normally Jio SIM card takes 24 hours to get activated but it can vary from person to person. Usually, Jio sends a confirmation message and an individual will need to get it first before setting up JioFi. For activation purposes an individual will have to follow the instructions given on the jacket of the SIM.
An individual will be able to activate their SIM by calling from any number to 1800-890-1977. After that their JioFi data services will be activated. Alternatively, an individual will also be able to call 1977 from their VoLTE phone which will activate voice plus data services of the individual.
After an individual has activated their SIM card and after they have set up their JioFi router, they will be able to use their desktop/mobile/laptop to connect to their router. An individual will require the SSID and Password of their router for connecting their devices. An individual will also be able to change their SSID and Password from the login page of JioFi router’s administration panel. An individual will also be able to change their default login name which is Admin to any other name from the login page of JioFi router’s administration panel.
Summary of JioFi Router
|Name of Device||JioFi|
|Cost||Rs. 2, 899|
|Available In||All Reliance Digital Stores|
|MicroSD card storage||Up to 32 GB|
|Standby Time||300 hours|
|Running Time||8 hours|
|Number of Connected Devices||31 (maximum)|