IPL 12 Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) Team, Squad, Players, Captain, History, Owners, Facts, Records,Bowlers, Batsman, Jersey, Logo and Team Identity
Kings XI Punjab is a franchise cricket team which participates in the Indian Premiere League (IPL). Kings XI Punjab represents the city of Punjab and it is based in Mohali. Kings XI Punjab was founded on 2008. The home ground of Kings XI Punjab is the PCA Stadium which is situated at Mohali. The team often uses Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium as their 2nd home ground.
|Mohit Burman||Owner (46% Share)|
|Preity Zinta||Owner (23% Share)|
|Nes Wadia||Owner (23% Share)|
|Karan Paul||Owner (Minor Stake)|
|Michael Hussey||Head Coach|
|Major Varoon Parmar||Team Manager|
|R Sridhar||Fielding Coach|
|Mitchell Johnson||Bowling Coach|
The team was also one of the best performing teams for IPL 2014 session, while in few matches in the past IPL season not much was seen improving in their performance. This season it is expected that Kings XI Punjab Team will be performing to its peak level. The team was also rated as second best performing team in the IPL 2014 season.
It is also expected that for 2018 IPL season the team has retained Axar Patel who is also one of the leading best performing player in the team for 2018 IPL season. The team is also one of the most preferred and watched out team for the IPL season. The team is coached by Brad Hodge and Virender Sehwag is responsible for developing the game strategy for the players. The Team is Managed by Manoj Parmar as the Team Manager position for IPL 2018.
IPL 2018 Player Squad Table
|Player Name||Role||Sold Prize (INR)||Country|
|Axar Patel||All Rounder||6,7,00,000||India|
|Marcus Stoinis||All Rounder||6,20,00,000||Australia|
|Ankit Singh Rajpoot||Bowler||3,00,00,000||India|
|David Miller||Batsman||3,00,00,000||South Africa|
|Barinder Singh Sran||Bowler||2,20,00,000||India|
|Yuvraj Singh (C)||All Rounder||2,00,00,000||India|
|Manzoor Dar||All Rounder||20,00,000||India|
|Pradeep Sahu||All Rounder||20,00,000||India|
|Mayank Dagar||All Rounder||20,00,000||India|
The team is believed to practice the game strategy at their home ground stadium in Punjab- Mohali and Indore at Holkar Cricket stadium. For the IPL 2018 the team is believed to play their first three IPL matches at Indore Home ground stadium while the last four matches of the IPL 2018 season will be played at Mohali home ground.
2017 IPL league had been very much inconsistent for Kings XI Punjab team. The team had to face a dreadful defeat even after displaying their best level of performance. The team had to face defeat in the match against Rising Supergiant Pune team for IPL 2017.
For the same league the team had also made their victory in earlier four matches and so they were confident about their win against Pune. The players did not manage to balance well for their performance and so had to face defeat when defending 230 run score. The team was finally collapsed with 73 runs and all out at the MCA Stadium. The game play had also displayed a very slow start on account of rains. Some of their top order batsman had to face soft dismissals and poor shots resulting in very simple catches.
- The team started its journey under the captaincy of Yuvraj Singh in 2008. Yuvraj Singh captained Kings XI Punjab in the first edition of IPL.
- In IPL 2, the team changed their captain and appointed Kumar Sangakkara as the captain of the team. Kumar Sangakkara captained the side for a single season in 2009. In IPL 3, Mahela Jayawardene was appointed the captain of the side and he also captained the side for a single season.
- After that, Adam Gilchrist was appointed as the captain of the team. Adam Gilchrist captained the side from 2011-2013 (IPL 4, 5 & 6) before taking his retirement. In the intervening period, David Hussey captained the side from 2012-2013.
- After Gilchrist’s retirement, George Bailey was appointed as the captain of Kings XI Punjab. George Bailey captained the side in IPL 7 & 8 and took the team to their first ever IPL final which ended in a losing cause.
- Murali Vijay was appointed as the captain of Kings XI Punjab in IPL 9. Murali Vijay led the side in IPL 10 2017.Glen Maxwell was the captain of KingsX1 Punjab in IPL 10.Now again team is being led by Yuvraj Singh in 2018.
Kings XI Punjab was founded in 2008. The franchise was a bought by a group of owners who spent $76 million to buy the ownership of Kings XI Punjab. Kings XI Punjab made a good start to their first ever IPL as they finish as the 3rd team of the competition. The team had a good start to their IPL journey and they were unable to become the first ever team to win IPL as they were eliminated from the Semi-Finals.
The fans of the team expected the team to better their performance in the 2nd edition of IPL but in vain as the team were unable to live up to the expectations. The team couldn’t even qualify for the semi-finals in the 2ndedition of the IPL and finished the tournament as the 5th team of the competition.
Kings XI Punjab had a miserable run in IPL 3 as they finished the tournament in the 8th position out of the 8 teams and the fans of team were shattered by the poor performance of the team. The team was unable to qualify for the playoffs in IPL 4, 5 and 6 as they finished the tournament miserably all the times.
In IPL 7, the team had the likes of Glenn Maxwell and David Miller who powered the team to their first ever IPL final. Kings XI Punjab played their first ever IPL final against Kolkata Knight Riders. But once again Kings XI Punjab was unable to meet the expectations of their fans as they failed to win their first ever IPL trophy.
Kings XI Punjab had a very miserable run in IPL 8 & 9 as they finished the tournament at the bottom of the table on both of the occasions. This team is currently considered as the weakest team in IPL. But we all know that Kings XI Punjab is very capable to pull off a surprise and their squad is also looking very compact. They will enter the tournament as the dark horse of the tournament and it won’t be a surprise if they can again pull of a miracle in IPL 10 2017.
Kings XI Punjab is one of the most popular teams this IPL season. The team has managed to collect a big fan base on account of its past performance in previous IPL leagues. The Team has its home ground based at PCA stadium and HPCA stadium.
Kings XI Punjab was bought for $75 million in 2008 by a group of people. The names of the owners of Kings XI Punjab are given below.
- Mohit Burman (Dabur Group)
- Ness Wadia (Wadia Group)
- Preity Zinta (Wadia Group)
- Karan Paul (Apeejay Surendra Group)
Among the owners, Mohit Burman holds 46% shares of the team. Ness Wadia and Preity Zinta both individually hold 23% shares of the team and the rest of the shares are held by Karan Paul.
Facts Of Kings XI Punjab
- In 2010, the contract of Kings XI Punjab was terminated by the Indian Premiere League. The termination was repeated by the High Court of India after Kings XI Punjab had taken official action.
- Two owners of Kings XI Punjab of the Wadia group had an intimate relationship before breaking up eventually. The owners still holds their respective shares of the team.
- Kings XI Punjab is the only team which enjoys the luxury of having two home grounds. The capacity of their original home ground PCA Stadium is 28, 000 while the capacity of their Vidarbha Stadium is 46, 000.
- Kings XI Punjab hasn’t won a single IPL trophy and they have qualified for the finals of IPL only once.
- Kings XI Punjab has 25 sponsors which is more than any other team in the Indian Premiere League.
- The official song of the team is DhoomPunjabi! The official song of the team was performed by Daler Mehndi
- Kings XI Punjab has scored the fourth highest team total in IPL (232/2). And they also hold the record for the second highest run chase in IPL history (211/4).
Records Of Kings XI Punjab
- Shaun Marsh is the leading run scorer of the team with 2213 runs from 61 innings with 18 fifties.
- Virender Sehwag’s 122 is the highest score in a single match for Kings XI Punjab.
- Glenn Maxwell has a strike rate of 163.00 which is the highest strike rate for the team.
- Piyush Chawla is the leading wicket taker of the team with 84 wickets from 87 matches.
- Dimitri Mascarenhas’s 25/5 against Pune Warriors in 2012 is the best bowling performance by any Kings XI Punjab bowler.
- Dimitri Mascarenhas has an economy rate of 6.50 which is the best for Kings XI Punjab. (Minimum 20 overs)
- Wriddhiman Saha has 42 dismissals for Kings XI Punjab which is the highest for any wicket-keeper of Kings XI Punjab.
- Piyush Chawla has played the most number of matches (87) for Kings XI Punjab.
Team Identity (Jersey And Logo)
The team jersey of Kings XI Punjab is red in color with grey shades on shoulder. The jersey has the team logo on the left chest and the sponsor name of the team is written in the center of the jersey. The jersey also has a picture of a roaring lion in it.
The team logo was changed multiple times over the years and the current logo is grey in color with red shades in it. There are two roaring lions in both the sides of the logo. The logo mainly reflects on the young energy and fierce attitude of the team. The KJHPH band in the logo represents five cities of India which are Kashmir, Haryana, Jammu, Punjab and Himachal.