Himachal Health Care Scheme – “HIMCARE Scheme” in HP 2020 [Empaneled Hospital list, Download Health Card, Enrollment Check Status, Last date, Renewal, Apply Online, Customer care number, Registration
Keeping in line with the central government, the Himachal Pradesh authority launched a new medical project under the name of Himcare Yojana. This is similar to the central government’s Ayushman Bharat project, and promises to offer free medical treatment to the people who cannot afford to pay hefty fee for attaining the cure of the diseases.
|Name of the scheme||The Himachal Health Care Scheme in short “Himcare Scheme”|
|Launched in||Himachal Pradesh|
|Launched by||Jai Ram Thakur|
|Date of launch||December 2018|
|Target beneficiaries||Needy residents of the state|
|Supervised by||HP Health & Family Welfare Department|
The Himachal government stated that the final date of registration closure will be May, 2019. The 2019 elections required a lot of attention. Thus, the government said that people who wish to register will get an extension till 20th June.
Key features of the scheme
- Offer proper medical facilities – The primary objective of the scheme is to offer better medical facilities to the poor and needy people.
- Medical insurance coverage – All beneficiaries will get an annual medical insurance coverage of Rs. 5 lakhs.
- Maximum number of beneficiaries per family – The scheme is designed to offer treatment coverage for a maximum of five family members. If the families consist of more members, then they will have to register by filling up separate enrollment papers.
- Himcare card – All registered beneficiaries will receive a Himcare Card. This card will contain the details of the candidate. To get free treatment, the applicants will have to show this card at the hospital reception.
- Special attention to non-beneficiaries – There are many people, which have not been covered under the central PM Jan Arogya Ayushman Bharat Yojana, while others have missed out on the opportunities to attain the benefits of Prime Minister’s Health Scheme. The Him care Scheme will take such non-beneficiaries in account.
- Treatment for 1800 diseases – As per the scheme details, beneficiaries will be able to attain treatment for 1800 disease.
- Treatment in listed hospitals – All beneficiaries will have to take admission in listed government hospitals to attain the free treatment facilities. If the doctors feel the need to transfer the patient elsewhere, then they can make the arrangements.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residents of the state – Only legal residents of Himachal Pradesh will be allowed to attain the benefits of this scheme. So, applicants will have to submit adequate residential proofs.
- Weak financial background – The scheme offers special benefits for the people who fall under the BPL category. Such candidates need to submit a copy of the BPL certificate.
- Age criterion – Though there is no lower limit of the scheme, all senior applicants will have to submit proper age proof to highlight that they are more than 70 years of age.
- Ration and Aadhar card – All applicants must possess their Aadhar and ration cards. These documents will be used for checking the eligibility and background of the candidates.
- CPOD certificate – If the applicant is associated with the Anganwadi, the he/she will have to submit a certificate that has been issued and signed by the CDPO
- Certificate for Mid-day Meal workers – The people, who work as Mid-day Meal workers in the schools, will have to get a certificate from the Block Elementary Education Officer.
- Certificate for Asha workers – All candidates, working as Asha medical agents will have to submit a certificate that has been signed by the Block Medical Officer
- Disability certificate – To attain the special premium benefits, offered for the handicap people, applicants, falling in this category will have to submit their disability certificate.
Premium payment details
|Category||Premium Amount To Be Paid|
|BPL Candidates, MNREGA workers, Rehadi Fahadi||No Premium Payment|
|If the applicant has a physical disability of 40% or more||Rs. 365|
|Anganwadi workers, aged people, Mid Day Meal workers, Outsourcing professional candidates, contractual workers and Part-time workers|| |
|HP Universal Health Protection Scheme beneficiaries||Rs. 1000|
Offline Application Process
- Himachal Pradesh government is aware of the fact that not all applicants will be able to apply through the online portal. So, it has kept a provision for offline application as well.
- Applicants, interested in offline registration must go to the nearest Lok Mitra center. Here, the Lok Mitra agents will fill in the online on behalf of the applicant. For this service, candidates will have to pay Rs. 50.
Online application Process of the scheme
- In case applicants desire to fill the form through the portal, they will have to click on the link hpsbys.in/.
- This is the official website of Himachal Pradesh Swasthya Bima Yojana, and you will get details of all medical schemes that the state government runs.
- There are few tabs on the top of the page. One of the tabs is marked as Online Him care Enrollment.
- Clicking on this link will provide applicants with details of the scheme, and the hospitals where registered applicants will get free treatment.
- The next tab is marked as “Himcare Enrollment.” Clicking on official website link will bring up the online application form.
- Applicants will have to select the name of the district and the village by clicking on the drop-down arrow. Then the rest of the digitized enrollment document must be filled in with the necessary details.
- Once all the details have been filled in, applicants will have to upload scanned copies of some documents for fact checking.
- Applicants will then have to type in the capchat code. Finally, to save and submit the form, candidates will have to click on the green “Submit” button.
How to check the status of application?
- The government expects that a huge number of eligible applicants will be applying under the project. It is not possible for the health care department to publish the names of the applicants immediately. Thus, applicants can get details about the current status of the registration.
- Candidates, who have already registered online or offline, will be able to check the enrollment status online. For this, they will have to log in on the authorized website, by clicking on the link hpsbys.in.
- There is a separate tab that is marked as “Himcare Enrollment.”
- Candidates need to place the mouse pointer on the tab and it will open several other tab options in the drop-down list.
- One of these sub-tabs is marked as Himcare Enrollment Status.
- Applicants must click on this tab to get to the status checking page. When the status page opens, applicants will have to type in the Registration Reference Number in a filed.
- Then the candidates need to click on the “Search” button to trigger the site to search for the matching reference number.
- Once a match has been found in the database, the site will highlight the current application status on the computer screen.
All residents of the state, eligible to get the benefits of the scheme may have doubts regarding the application procedure. For the convenience of the common people, a separate helpline number has been launched by the state government. For any queries, people can call on the numbers 0177- 2629-802 and 8091773886, and attain necessary details.
This special medical insurance scheme has been introduced by the Himachal Pradesh government to make sure that most poor and needy people, who do not attain medical insurance benefits under any central scheme, get the same facilities for better treatment.
Other links –