Free Laptop Scheme Tamil Nadu [Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Documents, List, How to Apply]
The Tamil Nadu government has launched a scheme for the students. Under the scheme the state government will distribute around 15 lakhs laptops for free. The step is believed to boost the country’s personal computer market. To perform the task the Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu joined hands with Lenovo. The students studying in the government schools are going to get the benefits of the scheme. The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Edappadi K Palaniswami has launched the scheme for the students of 2018-19 academic years. The details of the scheme are given below in tabular form.
|Name of the scheme||Free laptop scheme|
|Launched in||Tamil Nadu|
|Launched by||The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Edappadi K Palaniswami|
|Date of launch||27th Feb|
|Target people||Students of government schools|
Key features of the scheme
- Objective of the scheme- According to the scheme, Tamil Nadu government will distribute 15 lakh laptops that will help the students as well as boost the electronic market.
- Merging of organization- In order to distribute the laptops the state government owned organization called Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu joined with private organization Lenovo.
- Encourage to gain knowledge- The scheme will encourage the students to acquire knowledge in computer science and make them technologically advanced.
- Help in education- Nowadays, computers are essential for the students as they can get vast knowledge on internet. Sometime, it will help to do project so the scheme will help them in study as well.
- Encouraging the students to be independent- Since, the students now require internet so they end up going to the cyber cafes. That curbs their time for study and they have to depend on other people. The free laptop will make them self-dependent as they do not have to go to cyber cafes for filling up examination form or seeing the result of board exam.
- Making them efficient- The laptop will make them technologically advanced and that will help them in near future. They will get jobs in various fields due to their knowledge in computer. This will help them to survive in this competitive world.
- Type of laptop (Specification) – The laptops that are being provided to the students have 14 inch screen. The laptops have Windows 7, dual core processor, 2GB DDR3 RAM, and 160 GB hard discs. The machine will come with one year warranty.
- Students from government school- In order to get the laptop under the scheme, the students need to be from government schools.
- Students from special school- According to the rule of the scheme, the students from differently aided school are eligible to get the benefits from the scheme.
- Other criteria- The students from class XI and XII are eligible to get laptop under the scheme.
Identity proof- As the scheme is for the students study in government school in Tamil Nadu so the students need to have the school ID card or board of examination’s ID card that has school name and roll number. For the further information you can visit to the official website.
How to apply for the scheme?
- Registering for the scheme- In order to register for the scheme you need to click on http://184.108.40.206/e2s/. Once you click on the link you will be redirected to a new web page.
- Log in for registration- After reaching to the new page the students need to log into to the site and for that they need to provide username and password. Then they have to type the captcha code.
- Registration form- After logging into to the page a registration form will appear. The students need to fill the form with entering appropriate roll number, class and marks and other details.
- Form submission- After filling up the form, the students need to click on the submit button.
- List of names- Once the form submission is done the list of names will appear district wise after the selection process.
The scheme is no doubt a beneficial scheme for the students as it will help them to pursue their higher education. If they get the access to internet then they can get several PDF of reference books of various subjects. It will save money from buying reference books apart from that they can use it when the will get into college. Therefore, the scheme is ultimately profitable for them they can fill up forms for different examination as well
- PM Kisan Yojana Call Center Contact Number
- AP YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme 2019
- Bangla Krishi Sech Yojana in West Bengal
- Mukhyamantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana In Jharkhand 2019