Delhi E-Mart Portal for Artisans (Digital Monitoring of Van Dhan Start-Ups)
Delhi government has planned to come up with an e-marketplace by June 2020 for artisans of the state. This is due to the reason that many people have lost their job on account of the outbreak of pandemic. This will cover up for almost 5000 artisans in Delhi. The state government will help to create this online space to showcase products and get in more buyers. However, with digital marketing of the startup plans of the artisans, the government is planning to help the artisans in the state. Read on to know more about how the artisans are helped with their online business.
Launch of E-mart portal
|Name of the portal||E-mart portal|
|Portal has been launched in||Delhi|
|Portal has been launched by||Delhi state government|
|Target group of portal launch||Delhi artisans who are rendered jobless due to the pandemic|
|Number of artisans to be covered||5000 artisans will be covered|
|Connecting with buyers||State government is planning to connect almost 5 lakh tribal with buyers through the portal|
|Fund raised from central government||Near about 15 lakhs fund have been raised from central government|
Highlighting features of the portal launch –
- Digital use of portal –Through the help of the Delhi government, the portal launch will ensure that they can track the growth of the online business of the artisans through the portal.
- Number of beneficiaries of the portal – The portal launch can help to cover up for almost 5 lakh tribal artisans to get connected easily with the buyers.
- Target group of the initiative – The target group was the artisans of the state who were rendered jobless due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
- Man objective of the portal launch – The main focus of the portal launch is to offer online marketplace so that the artisans can showcase their products and sell them online.
- GPS enabling of the portal – Through GPS connection in the artisans portal, it will be easy to connect with the village executives who can monitor the state’s proper functioning. In this, both the state and central government shall help.
- Creating employment opportunities – Near about 1205 Van Dhan startups have come up to create employment for almost 3.6 lakh tribal. Also, it can extend help for 18, 000 self-help groups across 22 states.
- Contribution of Van Dhan Vikas Kendras – For the successful launch of the portal, the Van Dhan Vikas Kendras has offered 20% to 30% of grant that shall help to purchase raw materials, labor costs, and other materials.
Eligibility criteria to avail of the benefits of the portal launch
- Residential details – The Delhi state government has initiated the portal launch; therefore, only the permanent artisans of Delhi can register on the portal.
- Income details – The artisans have to produce some income details relating to their previous job at the time of registration under the portal.
- Identification proof – The artisans need to produce suitable identification proof to justify that they were stranded in other states and have lost their jobs.
- Proof of artisan’s work –The portal supports the tribal artisans. Therefore, the artisans need to produce similar work if they wish to register online via the portal.
Documents required for portal registration
- Identification certificate – As identification, the artisans have to produce documents like Aadhaar card, voter ID card, ration card, and the like.
- Residential documents – Only the permanent residents of the state are eligible to register for the portal.
- Income proof – If the artisans have any income certificate of theirprevious job, they have to produce the same at the time of online registration.
- Artisan’s details –If the artisans have any previous proof of work in the field, they should furnish the same for scrutiny by higher authorities.
As this is a newly launched portal, the online details of the registration are yet to be detailed by the state government. As soon as it comes up, the beneficiaries will be the first to know about it. It can be expected that the online portal will be successfully implemented by the end of June 2020.
Other benefits offered by Van Dhan Startup scheme
- Through the Van Dhan Startup scheme, almost 3.5 crores products sales have been produced in Nagaland.
- Near about 2000 products have marketing potential to be sold on the portal
- The showcased products include honey, coffee, bay leaf, bel pulp, donna pattal, and others
- With 77 Van Dhan Startup centers working in Manipur, it is looking after food safety and trying to maintain the required hygiene level
Other links –
- AICTE TULIP Internship Online Application
- Nagar Van Yojana – City Forest Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana