Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana (DAY) | Interest repayment/ subsidy [Loan] for Women SHGs in Haryana [Application Process] [aajeevika.gov.in/]
Though there were many schemes, designed for the development of job opportunities for the needy, under the former central government, they were proving less than effective under the present circumstances. With the implementation of the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana that is popularly known as the DAY, it will be easy for the authority to provide the much needed enhancement to the overall economy of India. The scheme targets the establishment of micro businesses.
“One more scheme as the name of Deen Dayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana has been announced for improving employment for rural youth. “
|Name||Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana (DAY)|
|Official announcement of the scheme||Mr. Nitin Gadkari,|
Mr. Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu
|Launched Date||Sep 2014|
|Ministry||Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation|
|Supervised By||Ministry of Rural Development|
|Celebration On the Day||Antyodaya Day|
“Antyoday Anna Yojana was launched by former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee which has been continued by Present PM Narendra Modi. The scheme has been started for providing ration at low rate .Here you can read All Modi Yojana 2017-18.“
Key features of the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana
- Creating self-employment opportunities – As per the draft of the program, it will assist the government in empowering the youth of the country, residing in both villages and cities, with proper facilities to create self-employment opportunities.
- Reducing poverty level of the country – Poverty is one of the main issues that India faces today. It is hard to tackles the menace. But with increase in job opportunities, the level of poverty can be reduced.
- Number of beneficiaries – According to the reports, the government has been able to reach out to 4.54 lakh candidates in the cities within the span of 2014 to 2016, with skill development training.
- Urban coverage area – It has been mentioned in the draft of the scheme that the implementation will be made in 4041 cities and towns, which have been highlighted for the urban development section. The list of state that have been benefited the most are Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, UP, Telengana, and MP.
- Expenditure per candidate – Another feature of the program is the central government will take steps to provide the interested candidates with adequate trainings. As per the estimate, the authority will have to spend around Rs.15, 000 to Rs.18, 000 on every individual living in the cities.
- Providing subsidized interest rates – Under the scheme, the government will also provide financial assistance to the individuals and to groups for setting up micro level businesses. The money will be given as credit and the interest will be charged at a subsidized rate of 5% and 7% for individual and group endeavors respectively.
- Creating of City Livelihood Centres – For providing training to the poor in the cities and meeting the growing demand of trained professionals, the establishment of City Livelihood Centres is a must. Every such center will be given a grant amount of Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Providing financial assistance to SHGs – Institutional development and social mobilization will be brought about by the Self-Help Groups or the SHGs. The authority will provide a grant of Rs. 10000 to every SHG through the banks.
- Creating vendor markets – The development of the vendors will also be brought about by the authority. For this, the creation of vendor markets will be undertaken. Apart from this, adequate training will be provided to the vendors as well.
- Creating shelters for the homeless in the cities – The draft of the program highlights that the urban government will also take initiative for constructing shelters for those who do not have permanents homes in the urban regions.
“DDU GKY Scheme has been implemented to provide proper training to poor for getting good jobs. And by the name of DDUGJY Scheme , a scheme has been implemented in Villages for enhancing electricity status.”
Cash reward criteria under the scheme
- Economic assistance for the individuals – The government has announced that a payment of Rs. 2 lakhs will be provided to the people who want to set up micro business establishment singlehandedly.
- Economic assistance for the groups – The government will not only provide monetary assistance to individuals but will also grant a credit of Rs. 10 lakhs for those groups, which want to setup micro trading establishments.
- Economic assistance to City Livelihood Centres – These centers will be established in the urban areas and for the operation of these agencies, an amount of Rs. 10 lakhs will be granted to each and every City Livelihood Centre.
- Economic assistance of Self-Help Groups – Each and every Self Help Group will be given a monetary grant of Rs. 10,000. It will be utilized for the development of the candidates acquiring training here.
“For improving the livelihood of Gramin women weavers, a scheme Deen Dayal Upadhyay Bunkar Yojana has been announced by Arunachal Pradesh government.”
Implementation process of the scheme
- Keeping a record of the progress is a must and tackling the task will be accomplished by the joint efforts of the Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation Department and the National Skill Development Corporation.
- The task associated with the selection of the beneficiaries, creating the syllabus module and granting the monetary assistance with rest on the shoulders of the NSDC.
- It is significant that the training remains at per with the requirements of the current market. The evaluation of this will be done by the experts of Sector Skill Councils or the SSC.
- Apart from the 4.54 lakh beneficiaries, the government has already taken other efforts for the success of the scheme.
- 73,476 individuals have been provided with credit for setting up businesses on individual basis. A total of 551 crore was spent on this.
- 54 crores were also utilized for providing monetary assistance to the groups interested in setting up trade establishments. As per reports, 2527 such micro companies have been set up.
With the successful implementation of the program, the central government will be able to bring about a positive change in the lives of the poor individuals, residing in both cities and in villages.
Budget 2017 :
A whopping budget of Rs. 1000 crores have already been set aside for meeting any expense that crops up during the implementation of the welfare program. Out of this sum, 500 crores will be devoted to training purpose alone.
Interest repayment/ subsidy [Loan] for Women SHGs in Haryana Under DAY
All the women Self Help Groups under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana (DAY-NRLM) can now have access to interest arbitration on bank loans.
Eligibility: The sum of interest on the loan will be endured solely by the state government. The preliminary condition for it is that the interest endowment is only befitting till the time the income of every member of that particular group reaches up to Rs 1 lakh p.a.Contingent upon the income of every member of Women SHGs is greater than Rs 1 lakh then this agreement is not pertinent.
Haryana government will also be choosing 3 best SHGs on the substructure of their annual income.
- SHGs attaining 1st place will be rewarded Rs 1 lakh,
- 2nd place will be receiving Rs 50000 and
- 3rd position will be getting Rs 25000.
There are approximately 15,000 women SHGs in the whole state and the state government wishes for all of them to become administrators.