Chief Minister Advocate Welfare Scheme in Delhi 2020 (Eligibility, Online Registration Form for Lawyers, Documents)
The Delhi authority has recently announced relevant details about the registration of Chief Minister Advocate Welfare Scheme. The Chief Minister divulged the details of this project that has been developed for the betterment of the lawyers. Under this scheme, the Delhi government will provide life and medical insurance policies for the beneficiaries. If you want to know more about the benefits, eligibility, necessary documents and application mode, then read this article.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Chief Minister Advocate Welfare Scheme|
|Launched by||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Announced by||Kailash Gehlot|
|Date of official announcement||18th December, 2019|
|Date of implementation||March 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||Practicing lawyers who live in Delhi|
|Mode of application||Online registration|
|Registration begins on||21st March, 2020 from 9:30 A.M|
|Registration ends on||31st March, 2020|
|Supervised by||Delhi Law Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Betterment of the lawyers – The primary objective of Delhi government, behind the implementation of this scheme is to boost the law and judiciary system. It can be done by ensuring the prosperity of the lawyers.
- Financial security – The implementation of this program will provide adequate financial security to the practicing lawyers in Delhi.
- Life insurance – The Delhi authority will also provide a life insurance policy to the beneficiaries of this welfare scheme. The insurance cover amount is a whopping Rs.10,00,000.
- Medical insurance – The Delhi government will offer a medical insurance policy to the beneficiaries. The insurance cover sum is Rs. 5 lakhs.
- Medical insurance for family members – The wife/husband of the selected lawyers will acquire the medical insurance perks. Additionally, two children, which have not crossed the age mark of 25 years will be included in this policy.
- Paperless application process – The decision for portal based application will make the process paperless and hassle-free.
- Establishment of e-libraries – The Chief Minister of Delhi has announced that an e-library will be constructed and made operational in every district, as soon as possible.
- Benefit of the e-libraries – The registered lawyers will have access to these e-libraries. 10 computers, steady internet connection and printers will be available at these e-libraries. The lawyers will be able obtain e-files and e-books, published on law and judiciary.
- Committee approved project – Before the official launch of this welfare project, the Chief Minister had formed a committee. The committee comprised of 13 high-placed and reputed lawyers. The committee had assessed the project draft, and gave a green signal after making the essential alternations.
Eligibility for applicants
- Residents of Delhi – Only those lawyers, who reside in Delhi area, will be allowed to partake in this welfare scheme.
- Must be a register voter – It is mandatory for the lawyer to have his/her name in the Delhi Voter List. If an interested applicant fails to fulfill this requirement, then he/she cannot get the perks.
- Must practice law – The scheme has been developed for those lawyers, who are currently practicing law in this area.
- Must be registered with Delhi Bar Council – If the lawyer is not associated with the Delhi Bar Council officially, then he/she will be barred from acquiring the benefits of this scheme.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential document – If the lawyer desires to find his/her name in the beneficiary list, then he/she must submit residential papers, which have been issued by the Delhi authority.
- Identification proof – The applicant must attach a scanned copy of his/her Aadhar card.
- Voter card – To support that claim that the lawyer is a registered voter of Delhi; he/she must produce a scanned copy of the voter card that has been issued by Delhi authority.
- Certificate from the Bar Council – It has been stated in the scheme draft that all the applicants must possess the official certificate that has been issued by the Delhi Bar Council.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
- Online registration process – The Delhi government wants to make the application process simple for the interested candidates. So, the authority has decided upon the online enrollment process.
- Official portal for the scheme – The IT department of Delhi government has already launched a separate website for this scheme. Applicants can acquire scheme and registration related details by logging on law.delhigovt.nic.in.
- Digitized application process – Though the site is not fully operational, eligible candidates will be able to access the digitized application form on this portal. They have to fill in the form and submit it online.
- Documents for verification – It is expected that the registration process will require the applicants to attach the scanned copies of the necessary documents.
The Chief Minister of Delhi wanted watertight guideline and implementation drafts for this project. He conversed with the reputed members of the law committee. These attorneys proposed some changes in the scheme draft. These alternations will ensure proper implementation and benefit distribution. Thus, the lawyers, residing in Delhi will acquire financial and social safety.
Other links –