Chah Bagichar Dhan Purashkar Mela 2017-18 In Assam (Cash Award Scheme Tea Garden Worker)
Assam state government has started a new scheme to encourage demonetisation in the state. People belonging to the biggest industry in the state, tea gardens, will be able to receive cash award from the state government under Chah Bagicha Dhan Puraskar scheme. Under this scheme workers from tea gardens will get Rs. 2500/- cash in their bank accounts.
The scheme was launched by the Chief Minister of Assam Mr. Sarbananda Sonowal. On 2nd of January 2018, at the Chah Bagichar Dhan Purashkar Mela 2017-18 held in Sarbananda Singha Auditorium, Tinsukia, he launched the scheme officially. On the occasion of the official launch Sonowal handed over some of the cheques to the tea garden workers.
Cash Award Scheme – Features
- Reason for the scheme: The scheme was launched to encourage demonetisation and cashless banking. Many people have opened bank accounts after demonetisation happened in 2016. After more than a year passed, the state has started this scheme for those workers.
- Benefits: Under this scheme the state government will provide Rs. 2500/- per head to their bank accounts. If the beneficiary completes nonstop usage of this bank account for next 6 months, then they will get additional Rs. 2500/- from the state government.
- Beneficiaries: The scheme is for the tea garden workers. However those workers, who have opened their bank accounts for the first time in the month of November in 2016, will be the beneficiaries of the scheme.
- Budget: Rs. 182 Cr has been allotted for this scheme. According to the reports, during demonetisation 6.58 Lac tea garden workers have started using bank accounts for the first time. All the tea garden workers receive their salary or wages in cash. After demonetisation majority of the workers have started using banks and cashless transaction.
- Other facilities: Apart from the cash award the state government will also start skill development centres in the tea garden. Under this skill development centres the tea garden workers will get trained for better career opportunities. Also colleges and ME will be opening in the tea gardens.
Other schemes for tea garden workers
The state government of Assam will soon launch another scheme for the tea garden workers. Under this scheme women who are pregnant will get Rs. 12, 000/- cash award before 3 months of baby delivery. Also these 3 months, the women do not require to work. The cash balance will be handed over to the applicant under this scheme. As of now no other information or scheme name has come out. Once the details will be out the article will be updated.
Tea garden workers earn daily or monthly wages in cash only. After demonetisation majority of the tea garden workers have opened their first bank accounts during November 2016. It was State finance ministry who have requested to all the people to open their bank accounts for easy transactions. As 6.58 Lac had started their bank account at that time, the state will give them award for contributing a major portion in state development and growth.
- Deendayal Upadhyay Labor Canteen Scheme Chhattisgarh
- Pradhan Mantri Sarkari Yojana List in Hindi
- Tractor Distribution Subsidy Scheme in Assam
- Darpan Assam Dashboard