Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana (BKRS ) in Odisha 2018-19[Eligibility Criteria, Application Form]
As many rural areas of Odisha have low female sex ratio, the state government has taken up another scheme that will assist the parents in providing a better future for the girl children. The main aim of the government however, is to improve the condition of girls and prevent sex discrimination. The name of this particular program is Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana. BKRS was launched in Orissa by the state government. The scheme is similar to the other schemes supporting girl child and their education, Mazi Kanya Bhagyashree Yojana and Beti Bachao Beti padhao scheme.
|Name||Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana In Odisha|
|Launched Date||Sep, 2016|
|Celebration of launched day||Centenary of the Biju Patnaik|
|Launched By||Biju Patnaik|
|Monitored By||State Women and Child Development Department|
|Districts||Dhenkanal, Ganjam, Angul|
|Helpline Number||2536775 (O)|
|FAX Number||FAX at 2406756|
|Target Audience||Female of Odisha|
Key features of the Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana
- State funded scheme – Like other states, the Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana will be monitored and funded by the state entirely. The central government will not provide financial assistance.
- Pilot scheme – The implementation of the program has been taken up on a pilot basis. Once it starts producing positive results, it will be implemented in all parts of the state. Under the pilot basis, it will be implemented in worst affected areas.
- Tenure of the scheme – It has been stated in the guidelines of the program that the scheme will be implemented for three years.
- Striking a balance in the sex ratio – The stark decline in the district wise and overall sex ratio has taken up an alarming shape. Thus, the state government wants to implement the BKRY for improving not only the Sex at Birth ration but also increase the Child Sex Ratio.
- Coverage area of the scheme – In the preliminary stages, the program will be implemented in the three selected districts of the state. These have the lowest sex ration balance as per the statistical reports. The names of these districts are Dhenkanal, Ganjam, and Angul.
- Monetary assistance for higher education – As per the guidelines, the registered female candidates will acquire higher amounts of financial assistance after they attain the age of 18 years and place forth their desire of attaining higher academic degrees.
- Tracking the academic status of the children – As per the guidelines, all registered candidates will be provided improved facilities of elementary education. Apart from providing stationaries, the scheme will also keep a close watch at the percentage of female student dropouts and take preventive measures.
- Creating an overall better environment for female children – In rural areas, the families see the birth of a female child as a burden. It has played a part in increasing gender biasness. With this scheme, the state government wants to ensure that all girls get adequate nutrition, education and health.
- Developed facilities for Anganwadi – The development of Anganwadi services have a key role to play in the betterment of mothers and female children’s health. For that, the state department ensured that around 24000 new Anganwadi centers will be erected within 4 years. The inauguration of the 1st segment has been done already and 1000 Anganwadi centers have been given the green signal.
- Providing necessary self-awareness lessons – Apart from all this, the scheme will also ensure that all teenager girls get information about sexual development, reproductive functions and resistance maneuvers.
Eligibility criteria of Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana
- For the residents of Odisha only – Like most state exclusive scheme, the development and the implementation of the Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana has been done for the betterment of the condition of female children in the state and it is open only for the residents of Odisha.
- For one or two girls only – It has been mentioned in the draft of the program that all the families, which have a girl child will be able to register under the scheme. The scheme enables registration of a maximum of two girls per family.
- NRIs will not be allowed – The scheme also has a specification that bars the registration of a female child if she has a NRI certificate or has NRI parents.
- Presence of Sukanya Samriddhi Account – All the candidates who wish to get the benefits of under the Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana will have to have an active bank account where the funds will be transferred. The female candidate must be registered under the SSS.
The state government of Odisha has already started work towards the appropriate implementation of the scheme will full vigor. It has been reported that for the time being, the state government has allocated a sum of 3.5 crores for meeting the expenses of the pilot scheme. But it has also been mentioned that more funds will be allocated if needed.
Odisha government has implemented several educational schemes to encourage young girls to go to school and finish their basic education. But a recent data that was published by the state Women and Child Development has created a rift. The minister announced that 56,000 adolescent girls have dropped out of educational structure. But Odisha RTE Convener has said that this is not the actual figure. RTE Convener said that the state government is trying to downplay the figure to hide its incompetence. This survey highlights that the Odisha government has not been successful in encouraging more female participation in education. The state government must come up with some solution to prevent this sorry situation.
- Reliance Jio’s Prepaid and Postpaid Internet Plans
- Unified Payment Interface (UPI) App
- Meri Sadak App details
- Pradhan Mantri Scheme List
- UP Kanya Vidya dhan Yojana