Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana Odisha
Due to the lack of proper roadways and associated transportation facilities, the rural people in the state of Odisha suffered a lot. The state government has understood the plight of the people and implemented a scheme that will construct roads and develop the transportation facility, especially in the rural areas. The name of the program is Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana. With this, the government aims at bettering the connectivity of villages with the cities. It in turn will develop the infrastructure and lifestyle of the rural people.
“To enhance the condition of transportation in rural area Pradhan Mantri Gram Parivahan Yojana, Pradhan mantri Gram Sadak Yojana and Village Social Transformation Mission Maharashtra have been started by government.”
You can read here
Launch Of Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana Odisha
|Name||Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana In Odisha|
|Launched Date||February, 2014|
|Launched By||Shree Naveen Patnaik|
|Scheme For||Rural Area|
|Supervised By||The Ministry of Transportation in Odisha|
“State governments has started some schemes for developing rural areas. You can read about some yojanas
Key features of the Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana Odisha
A quick look at the salient features of the scheme will assist one in understanding who the government plans on bridging the gap between the villages and the cities for aiding the overall development of the rural areas.
- Scheme exclusively for the state – The Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana was fashioned for improving the state of the transportation system and roads, leading to the main cities from the remotest parts of the state. It is a patient project for Odisha and is different from similar yojanas in other states.
- Connecting villages with cities – Many backward tribal and rural areas are not connected to the cities due to lack of roads and vehicles. The Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana is a step to eliminate such issues. Under the scheme, the roads and transportation facilities between remote areas and cities will be developed.
- Area covered under the scheme – Though the scheme has been announced for the entire state, the implementation task has been started in 12 backward districts, covering 118 blocks, which need most attention. Koraput, Malkangiri, Nabarangpur, Rayagada, Phulbani, Kalahandi, Gajapati, Sambalpur, Sundargarh, Keonjhar, Balasore and Mayurbhanj are districts that will be tackled first.
- Bus routes to be developed – According to the announcement of the state government, approximately 1180 bus routes were developed in these areas for betterment of rural-urban connectivity. Frequent buses on the routes will ensure comfort for the people.
- Connecting the Maoist areas – Apart from the first phase developments, the state developed 28 special bus roads and 30 buses for covering the connectivity needs of Maoist areas like Deogarh, Nuapada and Sundargarh districts.
- Monetary benefits for the bus owners – To encourage bus owners is taking part in the government endeavor, the authority has declared than the owners of the buses will not have to pay and permit fee or road taxes for a period of five years.
- Subsidy on the loan interest rates – As the government will require many new buses for these new routes, they have already announced that the bus owners who will purchase buses for operating on these roads will be given a special subsidy of 5% on the loan interest rate.
- Development of the rural infrastructure – With the successful implementation of the program, the state government will be able to assist the rural folks in getting better medical, educational, and economical facilities. It will have a direct and positive effect on the infrastructure of the villages, located in the interior areas.
“For improving electricity problem, central government has started Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Scheme.”
You can read here
There are no points for guessing that the construction of the roads, on such a large scale will require lots of money. The state government has allocated budget for the program and the central government will also pitch in whenever required for the overall betterment of the area.
- Fasal Bima Yojana
- Atal pension Yojana
- Jan Aushadhi Yojana
- List of Prime Ministers of India with Duration
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account