Ayushman Bharat Family Cards to 11 Crore Poor Families [Beneficiary List, How to Apply, Status]
With yet to be disclosed launch date of a new scheme, the central government is planning to exhaust remaining groundwork by upcoming Independence Day. As per AB-NHPM’s bid documents, 110 million Ayushman Family Cards within the next two years under Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Swasthya Suraksha Mission (PMRSSM) will be printed and hand-delivered soon.
To sort out health and medical problems of destitute and susceptible 110 million families (totaling about 50 crore individuals), Minister of Corporate Affairs and Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley unveiled brief information of this scheme publicly in 2018’s budget speech earlier this year.
Ayushman Family Cards Under AB-NHPM
- To thoroughly leverage cashless treatment benefits under the flagship Ayushman Bharat Yojana, poor family members of the nation needs to have “Ayushman Family Cards” in hand after the scheme is successfully operated.
- Another prime aim of distributing 107 million information letters (approx) by 2020 is to curtail the confusion of people regarding their eligibility. Ultimately this advantageous step will teach rural residents of India how these services can be availed to them in simplest possible ways.
- The most awesome part is families that are yet to receive the information letters and family cards will not be denied existing services. Names (& other details) of all eligible members from the family will be mentioned in Ayushman Family Cards.
- 24*7 helpline/ call centers will be established at the seat of all three branches of Government of India – New Delhi. The exclusive aim of these call centers in the Capital City of India will be to solve queries and confusions of the volunteers.
Application Process For Ayushman Family Cards
Expectedly three major approaches for successful delivery and distribution of the information letter and Ayushman Family Cards will be –
- Door – to – door delivery by ASHA workers.
- Distribution through Ayushman Pakhwaras.
- Village contact programme.
No doubt, besides, Ayushman Family Cards, other ID proof documents will also be demanded to authorize the information of 60% beneficiaries in the Urban areas and 80% beneficiaries in the rural areas according to Central Government reports.
With no official update about a premium chargeable amount, reportedly, the central government may ask each family to submit Rs. 1082 per annum for health insurance coverage.
Talking about important dates, Indu Bhushan, CEO of Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) said in a statement today “The government plans to complete all preparations for Ayushman Bharat by August 15.”