Atal Innovation Mission | Atal Tinkering Laboratories | Atal Incubation Centres 2019- 2020
Atal Innovation Mission Scheme is yet another step towards the promotion of innovative business ideas by the young talent of the country. In the month of February, the Modi government had given a nod to the initiative taken by the NITI Aayog. Under this scheme people will be able to showcase technology-driven innovations, start-ups, creative business ideas and lot more. It will be a platform where self employed activities will get the best exposure. The mission of the scheme is to promote two consecutive areas such as Entrepreneur and Innovation. Also NITI Aayog wants to call for applications to establish labs in schools and incubation centres through this scheme.
Atal Innovation Mission Scheme Objectives
- The main objective of the scheme is to promote two basic areas that are Entrepreneur and Innovation. The former will be promoted through the innovative mentors who will be monitored the beginners throughout. They will help them to understand things more accurately and establish themselves as a successful entrepreneur.
- Also the scheme aims to promote technology driven creativities and innovations that lead to new business ideas and self employment activities.
- Under this scheme NITI Aayog has already planned to set up new laboratories in schools and incubation centres. They have already called for the application for Tinkering laboratories establishment.
Atal Innovation Mission Scheme Key Features
- The Atal Innovation Mission Scheme is launched to foster the scientific research in India. Finance Minister Arun Jaitly was interested to focus on academic, researcher and entrepreneurs regarding technology driven innovations through this scheme.
- The scheme will provide a platform where entrepreneurs and researchers can showcase creativity and innovations for new technology and science related issues. As in last few years the technology and science in India has developed immensely, the mission will give another way to explore the detail of the new creations.
- The government has already allotted Rs. 150 crore for the project. According to the finance ministry the project will be one of the biggest platforms that will help to bring up the scope for the researcher in academic spaces and also will boost up the scope for the emerging entrepreneurs.
- Through this scheme, the NITI Aayog will take the initiative to set up tinkering laboratories and incubation centres in schools and other. The scheme will also lead to setting up new institutions and research centres across the country.
Atal Innovation Mission Scheme Benefits
- The scheme has launched to foster the scientific research in India. The scheme has broadened the scope for the researcher to explore more in the field of new technology and scientific elements.
- The scheme leads to establishing tinkering laboratories in various schools and educational institutions. Also there will be establishment of incubation centres as known as Atal Incubation Centres across the country.
- The scheme is focussing on the three main areas research, academic and entrepreneurs. Also the Atal Innovation Mission aims to promote the innovations and the emerging entrepreneurs in India.
- Under this scheme, the self employed people and activities will get boosted up and also get promoted in the business field.
- It is yet another step towards encouraging the country’s new talents and self employed people. The NITI Aayog initiated the programme to call out the innovative technology driven ideas and businessmen to showcase their talent under this mission.
Atal Tinkering Laboratories
Atal Tinkering Key feature:
- Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) is a simple do-it-yourself kit that gives an opportunity to the kids from science field to research and work on several technological ideas.
- ATL will be that platform where kids will get the various tools and equipments to work with and also will be able to understand the wide concept of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Robotics, electronics, 3D printers, sensors, microcontroller boards and such fields will be available to work on with various equipments and tools.
- ATL will also conduct events like exhibitions, workshops, competitions for the students to provide them more exposure towards the new innovation.
Atal Tinkering Eligibility
Government, private trusts, private society or local body managing schools can establish ATL. The students from grade VI to grade XII will be eligible to participate in the ATL.
The last date of submission of the application for ATL establishment is 20th July 2016.
Atal Incubation Centres
Atal Incubation Key Features
- Atal Incubation Centres will be provided by the AIM to encourage the entrepreneurs. Funded by the AIM, AICs will be established across the country to develop an enterprise from an individual entrepreneur.
- AICs will provide required support and infrastructure to the start ups to grow more and become the enterprise.
- AICs will be area specific. That means each AIC has to select a specific area of work such as manufacturing, water, health, energy, education, transport, agriculture and sanitation etc.
Atal Incubation Eligibility
- Academic eligibility: higher educational institutions and Research and Development units
- Non-Academic eligibility: companies, corporate houses, individual, group of people, industrial and technological parks.
- It can be established in private, public or public-private partnership mode.
Atal Incubation Date
The last date of submission of the application form is 20th July 2016.
Scale-up Support to Enable Established Incubation Centres
- It will be a financial support to the established incubation centres. To scale up the already set up incubation centres the AIM has initiated the funding to support them.
- It helps the entrepreneurs and the start ups to enhance the established incubation centres and make them world class and more innovative.
Private, public or private and public partnership legal entities who have worked for minimum 3 years actively are eligible for this scheme.
The last date for the submission of the application form is 20th July 2016.
AIM – quick glance
|What||Atal Innovative Mission|
|Launched by||NITI Aayog|
|Benefits||To foster the science research and technology driven innovations.|
|Promotion||Entrepreneurs and Innovation|