Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Odisha (BSKY) 2020 [Eligibility Criteria, Health Card List, Check Status, Application Form Online Download, Toll Free Number, Hospital List, Renewal, Scheme Guideline]
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana is one of the most popular projects in Odisha. The CM of the state promised that he will make sure that every individual gets proper treatment within the state. This project offers financial assistance to the poor to meet their medical expenses. Beneficiaries will attain cashless treatment in empaneled hospitals within the state borders. For more information on the features, eligibility, important documents and application procedures, read this article.
|Name of the scheme||Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana|
|Launched by||Naveen Patnaik|
|Announcement date||June 2018|
|Implementation date||August 2018|
|Target beneficiaries||BPL people in Odisha|
|Supervised by||Odisha Health Department|
|Toll Free Number||155369|
Key features of the scheme (Benefits under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana)
- Offers proper medical treatment for the poor – Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana is a project that paves the path for development of medical facilities in the state. It also encourages the government hospitals to offer better facilities for the common people.
- A part of the UHC project – The medical insurance coverage scheme is linked with the Universal Health Care project. Even the sub-central treatment centers in every district will come under the free treatment scheme.
- Free treatment for all – The implementation of this project ensures that the needy and poor people get proper treatment in the hour of need. Beneficiaries of this project can show their smart cards and get free treatment in the enlisted hospitals.
- Insurance coverage amount – Male beneficiaries will be able to attain a treatment coverage package of Rs. 5 lakhs for all family members for one year. The treatment insurance coverage will be of Rs. 10 lakhs if the application has been done by a female member. Before the scheme was updates, female applicants were supposed to receive Rs. 7 lakhs worth coverage.
- For all family sizes – Earlier, the state government had mentioned that the scheme will allow as many as 5 family members to attain the treatment insurance coverage. But there are many families, which consist of more members. So, the CM revised the guidelines and eliminated the family size-related criterion.
- Secondary and tertiary ailment treatments – The Odisha government has already specified 4036 treatment packages. All these packages include secondary and tertiary diseases. None of the primary diseases have been included in this scheme.
- Inclusion of surgeries – Heart, lung, kidney, and other such organs require surgery in case the ailment takes a serious turn. While making the treatment packages, 255 serious operations have also been enlisted.
- Treatment for serious ailments – Before the latest updates, the Odisha government has announced that patients, suffering from kidney issues, cardiac problems and cancer would receive free treatment only if the yearly income was Rs. 1 lakh or less. But now, this limit has been increase to Rs. 3 lakhs.
- Treatment in listed hospitals – The Odisha authority has prepared and already published a list of state run hospitals. Additionally, many private nursing homes have also joined the scheme. Beneficiaries of this scheme will only come under the insurance coverage, if they take admission in any of the government or private listed hospitals.
- Additional travel allowance for patients – Beneficiaries, from rural and remote places must come to the cities in Odisha for better medical care. But these poor beneficiaries may not be able to arrange money for the travel purposes. Such candidates will receive Rs. 2000 for paying for commutation.
- Treatment in other states (if necessary) – Under the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana there is a provision that allows beneficiaries to travel to other states for medical concerns. Odisha government has already prepared a list of reputed nursing homes and medical research institutes. If the state government hospitals deem fit, beneficiaries will be sent to such institutes. The treatment payment will be taken care of by Odisha government.
Eligibility and documents list for Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana application
- Resident of Odisha – The scheme will enable only legal residents of the state to apply for the medial insurance benefits. If applicants fail to submit their legal residential documents, then their applications will be rejected.
- BPL applicants – During the implementation of the project, the Odisha CM has announced that target beneficiaries will be those who live under the poverty level. So, special preference will be given to those who fall under the BPL category and have the BPL certificate.
- APL candidates as well – People, who belong to the APL categories, can also enroll for the treatment insurance coverage.
- Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana beneficiaries – The Odisha government had implemented a special insurance scheme for poor and needy agricultural workers. All the beneficiaries of this project will automatically be entitled to attain the benefits of Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana. Such candidates need to submit the Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana beneficiary documents.
- Not for tax paying households – The scheme has kept tax payers out of the beneficiary list. Only non-tax paying households will be allowed to attain the perks of the medical insurance scheme.
- Annual income category – There are two income categories for the people who can apply and enjoy the benefits of this scheme. If the applicant is a rural resident, then he/she must not have an annual earning that exceeds Rs. 40,000. However, this maximum income sum is Rs. 60,000 for interested applicants who live in the cities. Thus, every applicant must attach income certificate along with the registration paper.
- No government or corporate employees – In case any member of the applicant’s family is working in a government or private sector office, and getting a fixed salary and other perks on a monthly basis, then such families will not be able to apply for this medical insurance scheme. Professional documents must be submitted along with enrollment papers for meeting this eligibility criterion.
- Identification documents – Every interested applicant must possess his/her Aadhar card. It will not only support the identity claims, but will assist the government officials to make necessary background checks. Applicants must have their voter and ration cards as well.
How to get registration form, Enrolment Process and apply online Portal for Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana?
- It is impossible for such massive number of people to come to the health care offices and apply for attainment of the perks of this medical insurance coverage scheme.
- For the convenience of the people from all sections of the society, interested candidates can click on the link http://bkky.gov.in/. It will open the official scheme site.
- Once the main page opens, candidates will see a separate link that will be marked as Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Allowance 2019.
- As soon as the applicants click on this particular link, the digitized enrollment form will open up.
- Several information fields are present in the registration form. Apart from name, address, age, gender and other details, applicants need to highlight their Aadhar code and the registered mobile phone number.
- Once all the sections have been filled in, candidates need to click on a specific button that is marked as “Submit.”
- It will not only complete the registration process, but will submit the application in the state’s scheme database.
- The successful submission of the enrollment form will trigger the portal to generate a confirmation message. This message will be sent on the registered mobile number, in the form of an SMS message.
How to get registration form and apply offline?
- The online process is more popular among the people, and the state also highlights this process.
- However, there is a separate arrangement for people who are not comfortable with the online registration process. Offline application enthusiasts can apply by collecting an enrollment document from any insurance company.
- The application form must be filled in and then submitted to the office of the Field Key Officers. They will verify the document.
- If the applicant is eligible, then they will issue the Smart Card. This pass will allow the beneficiaries to attain free treatment in the listed hospitals.
Helpline number for the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana scheme
If any interested candidate wants detailed report on the scheme, its benefits and the application procedure, then he/she can send in a query mail on the e-main ID email@example.com. Apart from this, candidates can call on the toll free helpline number 18003456769. Other departmental phone numbers are 91-674-2395533 and 91-674-2395536.
Empanelled Hospital List under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana –
You can get hosptal link by clicking here https://cdn.s3waas.gov.in/s3371bce7dc83817b7893bcdeed13799b5/uploads/2018/12/2018121639.pdf
For the better implementation of the scheme, all state and private hospitals have already established a Swasthya Kalyan Mitra counter. Beneficiaries can come in and show that smart cards. The agents will check the details and help in the admission of the beneficiary. The insurance scheme is renewable, and the premium amount will also be paid by the Odisha government. Thus, it is safe to comment that the authority has ensures adequate medical treatments for common people.
Other articles –