With better mechanization in the agricultural industry, there is a need for development for the farmers’ help. Owing to this, both central and state government has come up with the plan of SMAM Scheme. This main objective behind this scheme is to offer subsidy assistance to poor farmers. The following part of the article shall take you through subsidy percentage and other details relating to the entitled scheme.
Agricultural equipment subsidy scheme (Krishi Yantra anudan Scheme)
|Name of the scheme||Sub-Mission of Agriculture Mechanization (SMAM) Scheme|
|Benefits of scheme||Assistance in the procurement of farming tools and equipment.|
|Scheme has been published on||June, 2020|
|Scheme has been updated on||Sept, 2020|
|Target group of the scheme||Farmers|
|Scheme has been launched by||Central government|
|Objective of scheme||Offering financial help to farmers|
|Scheme is under||State government|
|Official portal of scheme||agrimachinery.nic.in/|
|Mode of application||Online|
Highlighting features of the scheme –
- Convenience of farmers – The scheme launch helps save labor and time of farmers in different farming activities and their collection.
- Subsidy – Under this scheme Farmer will get 50-80 % subsidy for agriculture machinery tools. As per SMAM rules, women farmers will be given benefits. Farmer women will gets special benefits under this scheme.
- Assistance is given to farmers –It shall offer better facilities to farmers and ease of collecting agricultural produce saving a lot of their time
- Purchase of farming tools – With the help of the scheme money, it shall help the farmers to purchase different agricultural tools such as tractor, sugarcane crushers, sprayers, pump set and the like items
Eligibility criteria for the scheme –
- Residential details – Only the Indian farmers are eligible to get the scheme benefits.
- Identification details – The farmers have to furnish suitable identification proof at the time of registration.
- Bank details – The beneficiary has to furnish bank details while registering for the scheme benefits
- Income details – Certain income limits have been set for the farmers depending on which they can apply for the scheme
List of documents required
- Bank passbook details – The candidate has to furnish the Xerox of passbook details to get the bank account details, IFSC code, branch details and the like
- Income certificate – The certificate shall help the higher authority to scrutiny and check whether the farmer is eligible to get the scheme benefits or not
- Identification proof – As identification, the candidates have to produce Aadhaar card, voter ID card and the like at the time of registration
- Residential documents –Only the natives of the country are eligible and therefore, they have to produce suitable residential documents
How to register online for the Agricultural equipment subsidy scheme (SMAM) –
- First, you have to visit online portal at this link
- As the homepage shows up, you have to click on ‘farmer’ section which is available under ‘registration’ in menu bar
- Now, select state and enter Aadhaar details and then click on the ‘submit’ option
- Enter correct personal details and then click on the ‘register’ button
- Make sure that you have all the required documents to furnish for clarification by higher authorities.
Important things to consider
When farmers are registering on the DBT portal, they should ensure to enter correct details. Some of the details are right district, block, village, sub-district, blocks, and the like. The farmer should give the name the same as the Aadhaar card, along with the correct category. In case of incorrect information, the application may get terminated by higher authorities.
Therefore, successful implementation of the scheme will increase agricultural productivity, and farmers can expect a better price by selling it. The grant that government sanctions will help the farmers have better exposure to fertilizers, seeds, pesticides, and the required water for irrigation. As a result of this, it is sure to boot the country’s economic condition and help the farmers.
Other links –