How to Download, Install And Use Aaykar Setu App
In a recent time the central government and the Income Tax Department of India had announced about the linkage of Aadhaar number with PAN for the ease of tax payment and tracking of tax evasion. Now the GoI has launched a mobile app for the same recently. The app is launched on Android platform for the normal people.
How to download and install the Aaykar Setu App?
The Aaykar Setu App is available on Google Play Store on Android platform. The user needs to open the play store, select the app button and download it to their Smartphone. The app has many facilities regarding the tax payments and PAN issuing. Also one can change / correct the information on PAN or can also link aadhaar with PAN through the app.
To download the app, one does not need any login ID or password. Apart from Play Store, one can also download the app by giving a missed call to the number 7306525252. A link will be sent to the number and users can download the app from the link.
Facilities given by the Aaykar Setu App:
There are number of facilities that are available in the Aaykar Setu App. These facilities are given below:
- TRP at your doorstep: Once you download and install the app, you will get the options of facilities in the home page. The first option is TRP at doorstep. Under this facility you can call a TRP at your home from your nearest location to assist you in IT return.
- Return Preparation Made Easy: The second option is RPME. Under this facility you can be able to get help from the TRPs regarding your return file. Clicking on the button, you will be asked by the app whether you filed a return or not. If you say ‘Yes’ then there will be another set of options. If you choose ‘No’ then also there will be other sets of option including how to file a return and taking help from the TRPs and so on.
- Tax Tools: Under Tax Tools you will find the elements like medical help, accommodation, transport allowances calculator, children health & education, income and tax calculator, tax calculator, TDS calculator and so on. This option will help you to know your tax benefits on these facilities.
- Got a Problem?: This option provides few problems regarding Tax Return, TDS mismatch, PAN migration, Grievance Status, Registering grievance, rectification status and so on. You can select any of the options to continue.
- PAN/TAN: Under this tab you will get two options such as PAN and TAN. If the problem is about PAN then select PAN and if not then select TAN. Then you have to select whether you have PAN/TAN. If you press ‘yes’ then it will allow you to rectify any mistakes on PAN/TAN, link your aadhaar with PAN, verify your PAN, re-issue, surrender of duplicate PAN and other issues. If you select ‘No’ then you will have option of how to apply for PAN and what are the documents you need for PAN.
- TDS/TRACES: Under this facility either you can select the option of tax collector or a tax payer. If you are a tax payer then choose ‘Tax Deductee’. It will lead you to another page where you will find options like TDS rates, form 16/16A verification, tax credit statements, status of TDS and file rectification. If you are a tax collector then you will be redirected to the option File TDS return, TCS rates, e-pay, online correction and so on.
- Tax Payment: Under tax payment section you will find few options like Pay tax, calculate tax, tax credit statement, challan status inquiry, make correction in challan and file rectification for tax credit mismatch. All these options are related to tax payment. If you are a tax payer you can select any of the option for your information.
- Tax Gyaan: It is a game in the app. By clicking on the button, you will be redirected to the page where you will have to enter your name and email Id. Once you enter that the game will start. It is all about a general knowledge about Tax. There will be few multiple choice questions that you need to answer. There are levels like beginner; pro and other are available in the game.
- Live Chat/ Help: Also there is a live chat option where you can directly talk to the experts regarding your problem.
The app was launched by the finance minister Mr. Arun Jaitely. He launched the app on 10th July 2017, Monday. The app will be supervised by the Central Board of Direct Taxes. As of now it is released on Android platform but the CBDT is planning to launch it on desktop level as well so that more people can enjoy the app.
It will be another step towards the digitisation in India. This will be the first time when tax payers as well as tax collectors can get help from a common app. The app is connected with the official income tax department website.