Vidya Dhan Scholarship 2017
Vidya Dhan scholarship program is conducted by the Sarojini Damodaran Foundation. This year the foundation has once again called for applicants to register in this scheme. Those who will be selected will be eligible for a two-year college scholarship from this foundation.
|Name||Vidya Dhan scholarship program|
|Overseen By||Sarojini Damodaran Foundation (SDF)|
|Foundation established In||1999|
|Target||Quality education and uplift living conditions|
|Contact Number||Umasankar: +91 96524 00518|
Important Dates in 2017
|Registration begins on||29 July|
|Last date to apply||25 Oct|
|Interview or Exam Date||4th Nov to 15th Nov|
Key features of the scheme
- Financial support: This is a financial support scheme which is aimed towards the meritorious students of different states across the country.
- Students getting benefit: This scheme is helping around 1500 students across the country already with its financial aid and support.
- Scholarship: Once you are selected for this, you will get 2 years scholarship for pursuing any course like engineering, medical, law. The scholarships will be funded directly via external sponsors.
- Stipend: the stipend or the scholarship amount will vary between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 60,000 per year, depending upon the course selected and the duration chosen.
- Mentoring program: If you are selected, then you will have to attend mentoring program which will be arranged by the foundation itself.
- Selection process: The applicants will be shortlisted based on their academic performance. This means a cut off will be decided above which the students will be called for further interview or test.
- Location of interview: As of now the exact location of the test or the interview is not decided. It will be intimated to the selected candidates via email.
- Reimburse: SDF will reimburse the amount that the students had to travel for the exam.
How to apply
- You must first have a personal email account in order to apply online. You are advised not to use the email ID of the DTP center or the cyber café because all future communications between you and the foundation will happen via your provided email ID itself.
- Once that is done, visit this website – vidyadhan.org. On this page you will see a link called “Apply for Scholarship” on the left side of the “login” button. Click on it.
- On this page you will get some details. Make sure you read them carefully. After that click on “apply now” button once you have read the details and applied.
- Once you do that, a new page will open. On this new page again you have to submit all personal details. After you have entered all the necessary details on this page, you will have to submit it once again.
- After submission an email will be sent to your registered email ID. You will have to open your email account and verify your account.
- Once you click on the verification link. You will again have to login on the main page using your credentials – which are mainly your email and password.
- Now we come to the next part of registration that is – the degree application portion. You will see there are two options here – first, Std. 11 program 2017 and second, Degree Program for 2017.
- Select any one of the options that you are applying for. After that you will have to fill the details of your application once again in the next page.
- On this section you will be asked to provide the details of your Std. X or Std. XII along with income tax and other details.
- Now you just have to click on “Submit” to submit all your details. This concludes your application process. You should receive a message called “Submission Successful” short after.
- However, make sure that you upload your documents and photograph – only when you upload these, shall your application be considered.
- If you want to edit your application before that you can do so by going to the “Edit Application” button situated on top of the application page.
- In all cases, ensure that you keep checking your emails regularly because the foundation will communicate with you regularly through it.
- Family income: Students whose family income including all sources is less than Rs. 2 lakh per annum are eligible for this scheme.
- Educational qualifications: You have to have completed 10th grade studies or SSC exam in the year 20 17 from the mentioned states to be eligible also.
- Cut off: The cut off marks for the students who are applying for the disabled quota is 75% – for the rest, the cutoff is not yet declared.
- If the students continue to perform well, then they will be given scholarships in future for pursuing any degree which interests them. This scheme is available for the students of Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Gujarat only.
- 10th Standard Mark sheet: If the original mark sheet is still not given from the school, then you can get a provisional mark sheet from your school or CBSE/SSLC/ICSE and upload it online.
- Income certificate: Ration card will not be accepted as an income certificate. You have to get this certificate from a competent authority before interview because it will be checked only during interview time.
- Disability certificate: It is mandatory only for those who are applying through the disability category.
- Photograph: You also have to attach your own photograph on the application form to complete it successfully.
This scheme is launched with the prime objective of beating poverty through education. It is being carried out via focused interventions and already many alumni students have contributed to carry this scholarship scheme forward for the current year. This initiative helps students pursue their dreams.