UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana
India is one of the countries with largest population in the world. It is not a pride to say that India is one of the countries in the list. There are a number of ways the country and people living in the country are suffering because of poverty and other issues related to over population. It is very easy for men in India to survive even if they are not studying or they are not going to a good job. The current situation of women in India is way more dangerous where they are being exposed to a number of difficulties in their life. To make sure that women are being provided an aid for overcoming their difficulties, the one and only way they can combat is with the help of education.
|Name of the scheme||UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana|
|Initiated by||Chief Minister of UP|
|Objective of the scheme||To provide stipend for girls BPL to continue their higher studies|
|Main feature of the scheme||Supports girl student’s education|
It is a general talk that often roams across India is that it is not a necessity for parents to spend money for the education of girls. This is a dangerous thing as girls will not have enough confidence to face the society and there are many chances that women will be indulged to a number of injustice that is prevailing in the society. To make sure that such things are not taking place, it is a necessity for people to make sure that they are educating their girls in a better manner.
One of the states in India that is very well known for illiteracy of women is UP. To make sure that girls completing higher studies in UP are being given a better edge in their higher education, CM of UP already initiated scheme of free laptop to all girls stepping into higher education after competing their school level education. To give more power to girls in their higher education, UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana has been introduced by the CM of UP.
Features of the scheme:
- It has been observed that more than half of the girl student finishing school level education is not going for higher studies because of lack of fund. The aim of this scheme is to provide an additional support for girls to start their higher education without any difficulty.
- This UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana scheme is not like any other schemes that are just functioning for a namesake. The ultimate purpose of the scheme is to provide immediate support for girl students stepping up to higher education and hence one time fund of 30000 rupees is provided immediately for all eligible candidates.
- The striking advantage of UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana scheme is that there is no restriction for the boards through which girls are getting their school leaving certificates. UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana scheme is providing stipend for most leading boards that is present in UP.
- One important thing that needs to be submitted for enrolling in the scheme is the certificate from the concerned authorities that shows that total family income is less than 35000 rupees per year. Rest documents will be available directly with girls after they have left their school.
- The mode of fund transfer will be one time. Entire amount of 30000 will be transferred to the account of girl students once all relevant formalities have been finished. Entire fund will be transferred within a single transaction to the account of beneficiary without any arrears.
How to apply for UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana:
To apply for UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana scheme, it is an important thing that girls must submit is the mark sheet and the school leaving certificate that they will get when they are relieving from their school level education. To make sure that the scheme is reaching many girl students in UP, most of the leading boards in UP are accepted in this scheme.
The ultimate thing that stands as eligibility criteria for the scheme is that girl students must provide their income certificate for their family which must be less than 35000 per year. Even in this, students who are falling under the category of BPL will be given first priority and their request will be taken into consideration first.
Eligible girl candidates can now directly download their application from internet and fill the form and send it to the concerned department through post. If girl students are not able to get relevant information through internet or they don’t have access to do so, they can check for the local newspaper for relevant information regarding UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana and they can start their registration process. It has been informed by the government of UP that all school management, whether it is affiliated to government or not, are advised to help all girls passing out of school for higher education must be informed regarding UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana and the school management must help them in all aspects for enrolling to the scheme. This is most useful for the students in rural background as they can get support from their school and know all details about UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana from their school itself.
It has been informed by government of UP that there will be no delay in the process of fund transfer if the candidate is meeting eligibility criteria. To make sure that the process is one time and rapid, the mode of transfer is made online and the amount will be credited to the beneficiary account number within a single transaction without any pending. Also government informed that the stipend amount has been increased from the previous revised value of 20000 to 30000 rupees to make sure that girl students are getting better benefit through UP Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana scheme.
This scheme Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana implemented in UP state would provide strong positive impact on improving girl’s education ratio in the state. Strict observation should be maintained in order to avoid any malpractice taking place in this scheme.