Tamil Nadu Extends Amma Master Health Care scheme
The Tamil Nadu state government has announced to extend the Amma Master health care scheme within all districts in the state. Till present date the scheme was available at RGGGH (Rajiv Gandhi Govt. General Hospital) only. According to latest updates it is certain that the scheme shall now be available in all other health institutions in various districts in the state. The scheme was first introduced in the state on 1st March 2016. The announcement was made by CM of the state E.K. Palaniswami.
Facilities offered under the scheme
- Under the health care scheme the health institutions in various districts shall offer with test facilities for testing sugar, urine, thyroid screening and blood test for nominal fee.
- Apart from this the patients can also undergo other tests for checking cholesterol, USG abdomen, ECG check up and Liver check up for less fee charges.
Key Factors of the scheme till date
- So far ever since its launch, nearly 16,500 patients have already taken the benefit of the scheme in health care institutions across the state.
- The government institutions are offering the facilities on first come first serve basis.
- The government has also offered patients with benefit where they can get registered for medical check up via online website mmcmhc.in.
- So far over 2856 cochlear transplants have been done for the patients taking benefit of the scheme.
How to get registered online for the scheme
- To get registered for the health care scheme in RGGGH in Chennai, you just have to log on to the official government health care website.
- On the main page of the website you have to look around for the “Online Appointment” option at the top right side of the page.
- You have to provide with all your details required in the online form. You also have to make the selection of the desired package available from drop down box.
- Once selected you just have to click the submit option and book your appointment.
Packages offered under the health care scheme
You can make the selection from three different packages available on the website.
- Amma Gold Scheme – This offer is available for patients for Rs 1000 fee.
- Amma Diamond scheme – You can get registered for this scheme for Rs 2000 fee.
- Amma Platinum scheme – You can get full benefit of this scheme for Rs 3000 fee.