www.tnpds.gov.in :- Apply Smart Ration Card in Tamil Nadu Online, Check Status and Helpline Number | ஸ்மார்ட் கார்டு விண்ணப்பம்
What is a smart ration card:- Smart Cards are a form of digital cards that are launched by the Tamil Nadu government. These cards are introduced by the government of Tamil Nadu with an aim to replace the already existing ration cards. With the implementation of these cards in the state it is expected that the government shall be able to digitalize family ration cards to the people in the state.
How to Apply for Smart card in tamilnadu using www.tnpds.gov.in
- Please follow this url https://www.tnpds.gov.in/home.xhtml
- Now click on the “Smart Card Application” Link
- A form will be opened. Please fill all the details in this form very carefully.
- After form has been succesfully filled. You will be provided with a reference number. Please save that for Tracking purpose. You will get this reference number on your email and mobile number.
How to Track Smart Card Tamil Nadu application status
- To get started with the process of registration applicants have to first log on to the official website tnpds.gov.in in the web browser.
- The moment you log in you have the option to select your preferred language. You can look around for the option at the sidebar from the main page.
- Once you have made the selection of the language you have to click on “application status” option for smart card. The link is available on the web page.
- From the next tab you then have to enter the reference number received on your mobile phone in the box provided. After this you just have to select “Submit” option.
- The moment you click submit option you shall be displayed with the status of your application.
Smart Card Tamil Nadu Helpline number
You can call 1907 or 18004255901 for any query relating to this particular scheme.
Government Contribution for the Programme
- The government of Tamil Nadu has already begun with the procedure to implement and launch smart cards for the local people. Apart from this the government has also announced the set budget of Rs 330 crore that it shall be spending in implementation and issuing of these cards to the people in the state.
- With the implementation of the new scheme the government also expects to replace around 1.89 crore old and traditional ration cards with newly introduced smart cards. Apart from this the government officials have also made it very clear that the process of replacing the old cards with smart cards shall not affect any consumer.
- As the process of replacing the old cards will be time consuming so it is certain that people who are holding old cards will be able to access purchasing rations using the old as well as new cards. The government has also stated that people will be able to purchase rations from any government valid PDC store or shops.
Role of Aadhar card
- According to local authorities it has been stated that the government officials have created a complete list of present ration card holders in the state. The officials have managed to store all this information in the digital medium in the form of database.
- The database thus created by the government is on the basis of all information provided by the Aadhar card committee. The database holds all possible information that is present in the customers Aadhar card.
- It is also certain that out of a total number of 6.90 crore people the government has managed to prepare a list of around 5.85 crore people in the state on the basis of their Aadhar card. Apart from this the government has already begun with the process of using this information and digitalize it to produce smart cards.
How to implement
- According to the information it is certain that the entire cost of collecting the database and digitalizing it will be borne by the state government. Apart from this the government has also clearly stated that any expenditure that is involved in collecting the information shall also be borne by the state government.
- Once the database is collected and smart cards prepared the government shall also be bearing the expense of distributing these cards to the card holders.
Number of beneficiaries
According to the local sources the government of Tamil Nadu has set to prepare smart cards for around 6.90 crore people of the state. With present procedures it is clear that the government has already digitalized the details of 5.85 crore people in the state.
Covered areas and announced details
- It is expected that smart card shall be launched in different districts in the state of Tamil Nadu. Presently the government aims to replace all traditional ration cards with smart cards in 32 various districts of Tamil Nadu.
- Presently there are around 1.89 crore ration card holders who are registered with the state government. These are spread across small and big districts in the state. Government aims to target nearly 6.90 crore card holders from these districts. Digitally government has claimed to register nearly 49 percent of the population who are ration card holders.
Benefit of Smart Ration Cards
- One main benefit of smart ration card is that the people will be able to collect rations from any of the PDC stores in the state. As the information provide will be digitalized so it is certain that with the implementation of the smart card all fake and duplicate ration cards will be stopped.
- Apart from this the government also aims to monitoring the distribution of grocery commodities easily to different PDC shops and outlets. The monitoring can always be performed by the government in real time starting from warehouses to the retail outlet stores.
- Any user who is registered with the smart card will be able to collect ration from government valid stores at the pre-decided rates.
With the implementation of smart cards in the state it is certain that the process of monitoring and issuing ration cards will be much easier for the government bodies. Apart from this government can always be sure that all valid card holders can get the benefit of government outlets. This also means that getting illegal ration cards can now be regulated by the government.