Shaadi Mubarak Scheme Telangana
When it comes to women, there is a lot of hurdle they have to face. The families in the backward classes really struggle to gather money to marry them off. Hence, the state of Telangana has found a new scheme as per which they will be giving money to the Muslim families for the purpose of marriage of their daughters. By this scheme, many women and their families who are on the verge of marriage will have the financial burden alleviated to some extent.
How is this scheme beneficial?
To put things straight, this scheme is beneficial for those families that fall below poverty line and to those women who have to get married in future. This will not just help the minority communities but will also help their families get some assistance in their dire need.
Earlier the state had launched ‘Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam’ for the Sc and St girls of the state. Hence the move to improve the condition of the women in the state has been going on for quite some time. Although all girls are encouraged to take up financial independence, those who cannot, are being given financial assistance by the state to start their families after getting married.
To accomplish this vision, the state will be giving Rs. 51,000 to the girls who come under the eligible criteria.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- The girl should be a resident of Telangana State and she should also belong to a minority community. Mainly Muslim brides are being given this advantage.
- She should also have completed the age of 18 years in order to get this benefit. If she is unlawfully married before this age the family will be forfeiting the benefit.
- Also the combined income of the family should not be more than Rs. 2 lakh per annum. Also, the wedding date has to be post October 2nd, 2014.
- The “Shaadi Mubarak Scheme” shall not be combined with any other scheme under the same criteria. Hence if you are already taking benefit from any other such scheme then you cannot further take the benefit of this scheme for the same purpose.
How can I apply for this scheme?
Just follow these steps –
- Go to the official portal of the Telangana e-pass portal. http://epasswebsite.cgg.gov.inis the website where you have to go. After that you will see that there is a space to fill out a form on this website.
- Make sure you carry all the documents with you so that you can fill out all the required details in a single sitting. We have mentioned the documents needed below.
- Now after you have filled out all the fields accurately, simply click “submit” and then take a print out of the form that you just filled out.
- Now take this form to your nearest Mee Seva Kendra and submit it there. You have to also upload all scanned documents so you may carry them and have a printer ready.
What are the documents needed to get this benefit?
- Parents’ income certificate of the bride, along with the Aadhar cards of both the bride and her parents.
- Make sure that you have a confirmation letter from the gram panchayat or mosque or church or any marriage registrar office. This is important and you have to take it out before coming to apply for this scheme.
- You also need the Bank Passbook’s first page which should be attested with signature and photocopy. Call the Mee Seva Kendra for more information on this part.
- Now you will need two things that belong to both the bride and groom – one is the date of birth (birth certificate) of both and another is the caste certificate of both.
- If you have a study certificate – that is, if you have passed 10th or 12th then you need to produce documents for the same. However it is not mandatory and you can skip it if you have not appeared for any such exams.
- You also need the photograph taken during the wedding ceremony and wedding invitation card. These are to be proofs of the wedding.
Carry all of these documents with you while filling the form and scan and upload wherever necessary.
What will be achieved by implementing this scheme?
By setting these criteria the government is addressing a major issue that plagues the country. Child marriage and female foeticide are some of the grave issues of concern. The latter is often connected to financial struggle. If a female child is born, the parents are afraid of the marriage costs they have to bear for them. Hence, many evils prevail in our society. By the Shaadi Mubarak scheme, some of those issues can definitely be addressed by the state.
Another issue is that of child marriage. Quite common in the backward classes, the evils of child marriage often go unreported. By ensuring that there is a financial reward for it later, the women will no longer have to marry before the appropriate age.
Note: This is a onetime scheme only which can be availed only one during one’s lifetime.