scholarship.up.nic.in | UP Scholarship 2017-18 Online Registration And Status
The Uttar Pradesh state govt. is going to launch a new scholarship scheme which will benefit thousands of students in the state who cannot continue their studies after certain time, due to their financial condition. Launched by the newly formed BJP Govt. headed by Hon’ble CM Yogi Adityanath, this scheme will help all the poor and financially backward families to make their children, continue their education, without having any financial stress. The Uttar Pradesh state govt. has also hosted an online portal named – http://scholarship.up.nic.in/ which will be used for registration of candidates for the scholarship program in the state. The registration process opens at 1st July, 2017 and will continue till 28th September, 2017 for the 2017 – 2018 session.
How to register for the Uttar Pradesh Scholarship 2017-18 Online
Those financially backward students who are deemed eligible for the UP scholarship scheme may go for online registration through the new portal which has been launched recently. However, the registration process will be started from 1st July, 2017. Below are the steps which the applicant needs to follow for UP Scholarship 2017-18 online registration:
- Eligible students may visit the online UP scholarship portal – http://scholarship.up.nic.in/.
- There will be a “Students” section available from the starting date of registration i.e. 1st July, 2017. The applicant must visit the section and go to the “New Registration” tab.
- On clicking this, an online application form of UP Scholarship 2017-18 will appear.
- One should fill all the fields correctly which will include personal details, educational qualification details, family details, e-mail ID, mobile number, photograph, etc.
- After filling the applicant form online, one must verify the same carefully before final submission.
- The last step will be clicking on the “Submit” button to enroll for the scholarship scheme in UP. This will generate a unique application ID which will also be sent to the registered e-mail and mobile number of the applicant. This is required for further login to the online portal.
Check online status of UP Scholarship 2017-18
After successful registration, the forms will be scrutinized by the officials appointed by the UP state govt. The candidates may also use the same portal to check their application status online using their unique application ID. Applicants accepted or rejected will be informed through the same portal after certain evaluation period which will be notified in the website.
Categories of Scholarship to be provided
- Pre – Matric Scholarship – Those students who need financial assistance for education and have not completed their matriculation may apply for this category. Students of class IX and Class X are eligible.
- Post – Matric Scholarship – Financially backward students who have completed matriculation and wish to continue further studies which may be up to Doctorial Degree may apply for this category.
Eligibility Criteria For UP Scholarship 2017-18
- The candidates are willing to get the scholarships must be permanent domicile of the State holding valid residential certificate.
- They must be from poor and backward family. This means the family should belong to BPL category.
- In the last held exam, the applicant must score at least 50 per cent marks which is another important eligibility criteria.
Documents Required For UP Scholarship 2017-18
- Income certificate of family is also required. One can produce the BPL card copy as a proof.
- Those belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories should produce their caste certificates also.
- To show the proof of residence, the applicants must produce the residential certificate of UP, issued by the concerned authority.
- The fees slip provided by the school which will have a detail of the fees taken is to be submitted.
- The applicant should submit the mark sheet provided in the last held examination.