Register Saubhagya Yojana (Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana) to Provide Electricity to All Application Form
The central government has announced the launch of the new scheme termed as Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana. Under the newly launched scheme the central government has already announced that it aims at enlightening the lives of people living in rural and remote areas by providing them with electricity connection. The moment this scheme is implemented it is certain that each and every house in the rural area will be provided with uninterrupted power supply 24X7.
Launch Details of Saubhagya Yojana
- The new scheme was launched under the leadership of Prime Minister of the country Shree Narendra Modi and his cabinet of ministers.
- The cabinet had announced the launch of the new scheme in a cabinet meeting held on 25 Sep 17 on Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay’s Birth anniversary.
- According to the sources the new scheme will be fully implemented in the rural areas by December 2017.
- The process of implementation of the new scheme will also be fully functional within next three months time period in various rural areas and remote villages.
Key features of Saubhagya Yojana
- Serving the purpose – Even if in the initial stage the scheme after implementation will offer benefit to both urban and rural areas, but the main aim of the central government is to try and provide with power supply to each home in the rural area.
- Evaluation factor – According to the sources the central government will begin with implementation process by mid year 2018. The overall evaluation can easily be done by 2019 year end. There are a number of legislative issues that needs to be resolved between the state and central government.
- Power consumption regulations – There are chances that central government will have to implement and alter few regulations as the central government aims at offering electricity to each residence within rural areas. It is certain that the government will have to purchase electricity from central government owned electricity generation plants.
- Use of solar and wind power – It is certain that to meet the growing demand of electricity the central government will try and generate more electricity from renewable sources like solar and wind power. The government has also made it very clear that electricity generated from renewable sources will cost them more due to high cost of power generation involved, thus reducing their profits.
- Bid placing for electricity – It is certain that the central government will try and monitor the process of placing bids for power. The process will be implemented by the government by 2017 December for generating 20,000 Mega Watts electricity using wind and solar energy.
- Green Power – It is certain that with the implementation of solar and wind power generation the state and central government aims at promoting the concept of using Green power supply. This will also help in maintaining thermal power generation plants to balance production of electricity.
- Promoting the concept of Digital India – With electricity reaching most homes in rural and remote villages it is certain that more number of people will get access to getting connected to digital India movement.
Eligibility Criteria of Saubhagya Yojana
It is certain that the central government has not yet stated full eligibility criteria to get registered under the scheme. In later stages as the scheme proceeds its implementation stage more announcements shall be made by the central government.
- In general the scheme will be valid for the people living in remote villages and rural areas who do not have any access to electricity in their homes.
- It is certain that to take advantage of the scheme you may have to belong to the Below Poverty Line category and Backward class category.
Documents required for Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana
- To get registered it is certain that you may have to provide with proof of your residential address. This means that you may have to provide with details of your ration card, voters card, Aadhar card and Pan card.
- You also have to provide with proof of your income certificate along with other necessary documents.
- It is certain that the central government will also be providing with subsidy on electricity to rural households. So far no subsidy rates have been finalized by the central government.
- The central government has already made it very clear that it shall be offering with subsidy on purchase of equipments that are important for power connection including transformers, wires and connection meters.