Samsung Pay Details
After Apply Pay by Apple Inc and Android Pay by Google Inc now Samsung has introduced the mobile app wallet for payments. Mobile wallets are not new concept however Samsung or Apple or Android Pay is much a different concept from ordinary wallets. Samsung Pay is introduced in the year 2016 in Thailand for the first time. Now it is widely available in other leading countries as well. Here are few details about Samsung Pay.
What is Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is a wallet service app. Mobile wallets are your virtual wallets that keep your money when you are not carrying cash with you. But Samsung Pay is different. It saves all your card details and will help you to purchase things even when you are not carrying your cards as well.
In other wallets you sync your bank details or card details and you keep some of the money from your account in it. When you buy something you spend that wallet money only if the trader has the same wallet app. But Samsung Pay is not something like this. Even if your trader does not have the provision you can still pay through POS machines or other digital devices.
Where do you get it?
Samsung Pay is available on high range Samsung Mobile phones like Galaxy Note 5, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge+, S6 Active and such phones have this app available on Google Store. The App must be installed first and then proceed with the card syncing. As of now the app is restricted to few nations. Other than these countries the app is not available even if you are using any of the mentioned models from the company.
Features of Samsung Pay
- Samsung Pay is an app that works in POS systems. Only places where the cards are required to use physically such as ATMs or Petrol Pumps will not be applicable here in this app. Other than that NFC (Near-field Communication), Magnetic Stripe and Visa, Master card etc terminals are applicable for this app.
- This app has NFC technology with which you can use the app to make the payments using any point of sale device anywhere. Also it works for any sort of magnetic stripes as well.
- Only there is one system called Shopkeep from iPad does not support Samsung Pay App. Among all the pos systems only Shopkeep does not accept any payment through this Samsung Pay App.
- A spokesperson from Samsung said that they keep updating the app so that it gets better and it supports wider field of payments. On the other they are trying to grab more markets from diverse countries where they can start Samsung Pay smoothly.
Process of using it
- First of all you need to download and install the App from the Google Play Store. It requires your finger print registration so if your device does not know your finger print detail then register with your finger print in the app.
- Once the registration is done camera will launch to take the picture of your credit or debit or gift cards. The name, bank name, card number and expiry date must be shown clearly in the picture.
- In the next step you will receive a verification SMS on your number and you have to verify your account by entering the code in the app. Enter the verification code and get started with the app.
- You can add as much as 10 cards (including Visa, MasterCard, Debit, Credit, and Gift Cards) with the app. You can’t add more than 10 cards with this single app.
- As mentioned that this app uses NFC technology, you can connect the device with any of the POS device by taking it near to it. In US most of the traders use magnetic secure transmission that enables the devices to connect.
- Once the devices are connected the card details will be read automatically by the POS and the payment process will start. After PIN and verification etc the payment process will be successfully done.
- It is the phone that releases the required magnetic signal that helps the POS transmitter to read the back of the cards and process the payments.
- It is easy and you don’t need to carry your cards or something. All you need to do is select the payment method as Samsung Pay and the rest will be done without any hassle.
How to Pay with Samsung Pay?
- Once you install the app, you will get Samsung Pay Bar on your home screen. Tap on it and you will be redirected to the home page of the app.
- Press your finger on the home page for finger print verification and at the same time hold your phone backward (i.e. back of your phone) against the pos machine or payment terminal.
- The payment process will start automatically once the finger print verification is over. After making the payment successfully you will get a notification from Android. The notification will be the confirmation that says the trader’s name and the amount you spend. You will also get this information recorded in the app itself.
As said that the app first came in Thailand in the year 2016. Now it is available in countries like US, South Korea, Australia, Russia, Canada, Singapore, Brazil, Spain and widely in Thailand.
The company, Samsung is currently partnered with over 650 bank merchants across the world. In recent news it has come out that Samsung is negotiating with some of the major banks in UK and if things will go right then by 2017 the app will be introduced in UK as well.
Samsung Pay in India
It was said that India needs to wait a little for the app to launch. However this year some of the devices from Samsung are claiming that the app will be available in updated software. Devices like Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime, Galaxy A5 (2017) and Galaxy J7 (2016) users will get the app anytime during the first half of the year 2017.
The company said that they have partnered with American Express and the payment process in India through the Samsung Pay app will take place via American Express only. However to get the app in India users need to wait until the latest software update takes place.