Samajwadi Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana in UP
After Modi government started Kisan Bima Yojana, the insurance policy scheme for the farmers, the state of Uttar Pradesh has decided to provide the same to the 15 Cr populations throughout the state. In a recent event the ruling party leader Akhilesh Yadav has declared about the new scheme for the farmers namely Samajhwadi Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana. Under this scheme the state government will provide social and financial securities to the economically backward classes in the state. Previously there were another scheme namely ‘Krishak Dughatana Bima Yojana’ which has been voided with the launch of this new scheme in September 2016.
Samajwadi Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana – Key Features
- This new insurance scheme is yet to launch officially in Uttar Pradesh. CM of Uttar Pradesh Akhilesh Yadav has stated that the old scheme will be replaced by the new Bima scheme and it will be launched soon in the state.
- Under this scheme the economically backward classes will be benefitted as the government will provide financial coverage to the farmers from economically weaker group.
- According to the scheme the government will give away financial coverage to nearly 3 Cr household in the state. The scheme will be applicable for the farmers aged between 18 and 70. Also to avail the scheme the farmers have to be registered under Khasra and Khatauni.
- People who have minimum income of Rs. 75k per annum are also eligible for the scheme. They will also get the benefits of Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana by Samajhwadi party.
Advantage under Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana
- Under this scheme if the head of the family can’t work due to death or permanent / temporary disability of the person then the family will receive Rs. 5 Lac for individual accidents. On the other Rs. 2.5 Lac will be given to the family for medical treatment.
- If there is any accidental victim then the person will get free medical treatment. There will also be insurance coverage for the victims who are injured by snake bite or any other wild animal.
- If there is accident in and around the state, the victim will get Rs. 25, 000/- for the first aid and if there is mutilation of any body part, the government will give away up to Rs. 1 Lac to the victim for artificial body part.
- Those who belong to BPL families or already availing Samajhwadi Pension Scheme will not be required to submit any income proof to avail this new Bima scheme.
- Under the scheme, those who will be registered will get the provision of free Samajhwadi Kisan and Sarvhit Yojana Card. this card will help them to receive the benefits under the scheme.
In 1st April 2016, on the first day of current financial year the central government has approved the scheme proposed by the state government. Under this scheme the state government will provide a Yojana card to the registered and eligible applicants. The card will be issued by the name of the name of the applicant and can be used to receive the benefits under this scheme. However one can also receive the benefits under this scheme without the card as well.
How to Get the Yojana Card
To get the card one must fill up the card application form that is available under the scheme. Along with the application form one need to submit some of the personal documents such as age proof of the head of the family, income certificate, Khasra Kahatauni certificate, family distribution letter, death certificate, in case of accidents doctor’s certificate, medical related bills, bank account details (saving) and IFSC code of the bank.
|Scheme||Samajhwadi Kisan and Sarvhit Bima Yojana|
|Launched on||14th September 2016|
|Launched in||Uttar Pradesh by state government|
|Brand Ambassador||Nawazuddin Siddiqui|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers from EWS|
|Benefits||Financial coverage to the families|