Fasali Rin Maafi Yojana [Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme Kisan Karj Mafi Yojana Rajasthan] (Application Form, Farmers List, Waiver Certificate, Documents) फ़सली ऋण माफी योजना
Rajasthan state government has announced about the Kisan Karz Mafi Yojana in the state. While presenting the state annual budget this year, the CM has raised the issues faced by the farmers across the country. She said, under this scheme, up to Rs. 50,000/- farm loan amount will be waived off.
On 12th February 2018, during the state annual budget presentation, Chief Minister and Finance Minister of Rajasthan, Vasundhara Raje has announced about the scheme. According to her, farmers who have taken small amount of loan will be able to take benefits of the scheme as well. The scheme will be supervised by the State Department of Agriculture.
- The scheme is designed for the small and marginal farmers. Rich farmers will not be eligible to receive any benefit from the scheme. The loan waiving scheme will be applicable only on crop loans.
- According to the rules, farmers who have taken loans before 30th September 2017 will only be eligible for the scheme. Loans taken after the mentioned date will not be covered under the scheme.
- All the applicants will require being the domicile of the state Rajasthan. That means the famers have to have a permanent residence anywhere in the state.
- Need for the scheme: Since September 2017, farmers in Rajasthan had started never-ending protests against the burden of loans on them. The protest was ended when the government has announced about the scheme on the same month. This year on budget, the state has officially launched the scheme to help the farmers to reduce the loan burden.
- Benefits: Under this scheme the loan amount, taken by the farmers for cropping, will be waived off up to Rs. 50,000/-. For a small loan, total amount will be waived off. Apart from loan waiving other facilities will also be given under the scheme.
- Cost benefits: Apart from loan waiving the state will also provide cost benefits on selected crops. These crops are Moong, Soybean, Urad and groundnut. State will provide cost benefit on these crops.
- Kisan Pension: Farmers, who are aged above 60 years and unable to work, will receive a financial assistance on monthly basis. Rs. 2000/- per month will be provided to such farmers as Kisan Pension.
To apply for the scheme, farmers are needed to visit the District Offices. District wise list of eligible farmers will be out in those offices. Online application will be available through the official web portal of the Rajasthan Agricultural Department. For offline application, farmers can visit the district offices.
- As per the budget, Rs. 8, 000 Cr has been allocated for the scheme this year. It will be phase based scheme and the budget announced is for all the phases.
- Along with this mentioned budget the state government will also allocate Rs. 384 Cr for interest free loans. That is state will provide subsidies on interest free loans taken for short period of time. To meet the requirement of the farmers, state has allocated this amount.
- Another Rs. 160 Cr has been allocated to cover the damage of crops. This money will be spent to meet the requirement of damage that take place due to any natural reason. It will be considered as the damage interest.
- 2814 Cr will be spent on 4 selected crops such as groundnuts, soybeans, urad and moong. This money will be used on procurement of 5, 51,000 metric tonne crops, as stated by the state ministry. .
Before Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh has also started this similar scheme to facilitate farmers. Rajasthan government has announced about the scheme only after a farmer attempted suicide during the protest.
With launching such scheme, now farmers will be able to buy seeds, fertilisers and other farming related elements freely. Along with loan waive, the government will also provide interest subsidies on many areas.
01/ 06/ 2018
Farmers’ Loan Waiver Certificate Distribution
It was mentioned in the scheme draft that only those farmers will be able to apply whose loan amount is less than or equal to Rs. 50,000. Though the implementation of the project will officially start from 1st June, state will test its effectiveness by launching it on pilot basis. Camps will be arranged, starting from Saturday, 26th May, 2018 for registration of eligible farmers. The camps will be organized under the watchful eyes of Central Cooperative Bank’s Managing Directors.
Here, 622 agricultural workers will be offered loan waiver certificates. It has been highlighted that all interested farmers must possess Bhamashah card and Aadhar card to get this credit waiver benefit.All selected farmers will receive certificates from the loan waiver centers.
Phases under the scheme
- The implementation of this project will take place in three separate steps. During the 1st phase, state authority will identify 215 rural areas. Shrigaganesh district is the first area to see the pilot implementation. Loan waiver centers will be organized in Dulmana village. It is located in Pilibanga tehsil.