Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme Kisan Karj Mafi Yojana Rajasthan (Application Form Farmers List)
With an aim to help the state farmers overcome their dues, and to help offer with financial assistance the state government of Rajasthan has announced a single time loan waiver scheme. The scheme is focused on eliminating the outstanding dues on the farmers within the state. Under the scheme the government has already stated that it shall offer with one time assistance to the farmers who belong to the marginal and small farm categories.
- For effective implementation of the scheme state wide the government of Rajasthan ensured that the scheme before being implemented was officially approved by the Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje.
- The new scheme for implementation was officially approved by the Union cabinet in the General Assembly meeting of state ministers.
- The state government under the leadership of CM of the state has already stated that the waiver scheme will help in waiving off an amount of Rs 50,000 for each of the farmer belonging to the marginal and small category within state.
- The government has also mentioned that once fully implemented the scheme would be an extra burden of Rs 8000 for the state government and financial institutions. According to the sources the government has already invited applications from the farmers for loan waiver under the scheme.
- The government has set up a distinct commission where the farmers can approach and place their request for getting the loan waived off their accounts. The process of selection will only be done by the authorities on the basis of the merit list prepared by the committee.
- According to the opposition leaders the state government should in fact waive off complete amount from the farmers loan account as it was earlier promised by the state government, but in doing so the state government has already mentioned that a backlog of Rs 8000 crore will be created by just waiting off current announced amount of Rs 50,000 each farmer.
- The government will also provide with interest free loan to the farmers along with a budget of Rs 500 crore to the farmer for purchasing basic materials for farming. The government will also ensure to open new market place for farmers to sell produce by investing Rs 350 crores.
- Apart from this the government will also focus its objectives on other related issues to help farmers like construction of green house, and offer with help for fodders to the farmers.
- To be eligible under the scheme the government has mentioned that the farmers should be a native of the state of Rajasthan. He should also belong to the marginal or small farmers category and should not own a big farm land on his name.
- He should not have availed any loan waiver benefit under the scheme earlier. It is also important that the farmer should have taken the loan from registered bank institution.
Budget 2018 Rajasthan
- The state government has clearly stated that it has set the budget of Rs 8000 crore for putting in the loan waiver scheme for the year 2018.
It is obvious that with the above mentioned implementation the government of Rajasthan aims at offering some relief to the state farmers from their loan amounts.