Raj Sahakar personal accident insurance scheme Rajasthan Farmers
The state government of Rajasthan has launched an insurance coverage scheme for the state farmers. Under the scheme the government aims at offering farmers with an insurance coverage of Rs 6 lakhs. The government aims at offering the benefit of the scheme to over 25 lakh farmers within the state.
- The insurance coverage scheme was launched by the Rajasthan state government led by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje.
- The government has also made it clear that the process and planning of the insurance scheme will be headed by the state’s Cooperative Department in accordance with selected banks.
- The new insurance scheme will offer farmers with a benefit where they will only have to pay a low premium amount of Rs 27 on yearly basis against which they shall be provided with insurance coverage of 6 lakh.
- It is also stated that as compared to all other states, Rajasthan is offering with highest insurance coverage to the farmers for disabilities on account of accident.
- For 2017-18 year the state government will be offering benefit under the scheme to over 25 lakh state farmers. The government has also offered with increased premiums by over Rs 1 lakh.
- A premium of Rs 27 shall be offered by the state government while a sum of Rs 13.50 to the insurance company will be paid by central and state cooperative banks.
- It is also expected that till date there are over 7 lakh farmers in the state who are registered under this insurance scheme.
- By 2022 the state government aims at doubling farmers source of income and thus offering with better secured future especially for farmers who are linked to the crop loan scheme.
- According to the state government the beneficiary has to be a resident of the state of Rajasthan by birth.
- The scheme will only offer benefit to the farmer of the state who have availed crop loan from cooperative banks.
Beneficiary and Government Contribution
- Under the scheme the state government aims at targeting over 30 lakh farmers who are linked to the crop loan system within the state to help provide with financial assistance.
- The state government has also announced an overall budget of Rs 15,000 crore that it shall be investing for the farmers under the crop loan scheme. The loan offered to the farmers will be interest free.
- The state government has also made it clear that in case any farmer suffers from permanent disability of arm eye or leg will be eligible to make a claim of Rs 3 lakh from the insurance company.
- The insurance company will also offer the farmer or his family with an assured sum of Rs 6 lakh in case the farmer faces disability of two limbs. The same would also be provided to the family on account of accidental death of the farmer.