Punjab Debt Waiver Scheme Loans OBC SC ST
The Punjab State government will soon launch a new scheme for the farmers. Under this scheme small farmers who belong to backward classes will get loan relief from the state government. Categories like Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes, will get the benefit of the scheme.
The scheme will be officially launched on 14th April 2018. According to the reports, the Chief Minister of the state will launch the scheme in a grand event. On the very event, Chief Minister will hand over the cheques to the farmers who are eligible for the scheme.
Police Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner will also be present there. They have declared that the event will be organised at DAVIET.
- Loan Waive: Under this scheme, the state will waive the interest amount up to Rs. 50, 000/- for the farmers. The principal amount has to be paid by the farmers. Also in this scheme interest relaxation would be given to the farmers for new loans.
- Beneficiaries: The scheme is launching for the farmers who belong to SC / ST / OBC. Also farmers have to take the loan from Punjab Scheduled Class Land Development and Finance Corporation or Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation.
- Supervision: PSCLDFC is the supervisor for the loans granted to the farmers from scheduled caste or tribe categories. The farmers who hail from other backward classes will be guided by the PBCLDSC. In case of former there will be minimal interest rates and in case of the later, interest will be nominal.
- Certifications: The state has said all the beneficiaries will get no-due certificate. After they repay off the loan amount, including the interest amount that excludes the waived amount Rs. 50,000/-, they will be able to receive the certificate.
- Due Date: According to the announcement made, the due date of calculating interest amount for the loan waiving benefits under the scheme is 31st March 2017. That means any farmer who has taken loan before this mentioned date will be able to get interest benefit under this new scheme.
- Event: As said, on 14th April the event will take place where the scheme will be launched. It is the birth anniversary of B.R. Ambedkar. The event will be a grand one where people from nearby region Doaba.
Before Punjab, Karnataka also has taken such step towards the betterment of farmers from backward classes. This scheme will be launched to reduce the financial burden on the farmers from backward classes in the state.